The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gamepad mode no longer working

XDark_One13
XDark_One13
✭✭✭
My sister uses gamepad mode to play ESO on my computer. The last time she played, a few weeks ago, gamepad worked fine. However, this morning when she went to play we couldn't get it to work.
I made sure gamepad mode was ON.
I do not use steam for ESO.
My controller is a logitech f310, I reinstalled the drivers to make sure they were up to date and not corrupted.
My computer does recognize the devise, when I push buttons on the controller the computer responds correctly.
The problem seems to be ESO, but I have no idea what to do.
Are there any usertext file settings I should check? When was the automatic gamepad option added? I don't remember that being there the last time my sister played.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @XDark_One13

Do you have any other controllers you can test with to ensure there is not an issue with the Logitech F310?

Could you try reinstalling the controller drivers and testing under a new Windows account on the PC?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • XDark_One13
    XDark_One13
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    I don't have another controller to test with. And I did reinstall the drivers.
    After making this post, I found a forum post that said windows 10 wants the controller to be in DirectInput mode and ESO wants it to be XInput. I downloaded a software to make my computer think it is an xbox controller and now it works.
    So I guess my problem is fixed, but kind of annoying that I need third party software when I didn't it before.