Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

how do I get back to Wansalen?

Alan_Hawk
Alan_Hawk
I may be the only one who left the Quendeluun area without clearing Wansalen but I doubt it. Once you finish the quest that takes you to the Quendeluun area and have cleared that area out (except for Wansalen of course). If you then leave quendeluun, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get back! I've tried every way there is. You can't swim to it, you can't walk to it. I have literally walked ALL the way around the mountain range that surrounds it, there is no pass, no path, no tunnel, no way in.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you get there in the first place? As far as I remember, there's no special quest/portal to Quendeluun.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    I have no idea, it was a while ago, it's a level 11 area or something and I'm level 26 now. I figured I must have gotten there via portal or ship (there is a dock but you can't swim to it) or something via a quest line.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um... it sure isn't. Number 15 on the map.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    I don't see where that says the quendeluun area is not part of any quest line.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not an island. There are roads leading there. I have no idea where you are getting the idea of a dock or some kind of special portal.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    there are NO roads leading there! look at the map. that one place where there looks like a road leading to a causeway, that is a dead end on the quendeluun side. Other than the cove, the ENTIRE area is surrounded by mountains, with no way through them. But that map does seem to indicate that "corpses from another age walk here" is the quest that gets you there.
  • Matt.vanelsenb16_ESO
    As far as I can remember, there's a cave that leads into that area at the southern side of the mountain range. I don't remember any notice of a cave-in after the quest so I would assume that it is still open.
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    I covered the whole mountain range and didn't find it. It's the only thing I have left to do on the whole continent.
  • MillieWays
    MillieWays
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the exact same problem. I don't remeber hving any trouble getting there when I did the Quendeluun quest but now that I'm trying to go back...it's impossible!!
  • MillieWays
    MillieWays
    Soul Shriven
    Alan_Hawk, I found it!! There is a cave that isn't marked on the map but it is juuuust north of the Quendeluun wayshrine. I must have walked past it a hundred times!!
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    is that wayshrine to the northwest or southwest of the quendeluun marker on the map?
  • MillieWays
    MillieWays
    Soul Shriven
    The one southwest
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    thanks, I'll check it out when I get out of this other dungeon. :)
  • MillieWays
    MillieWays
    Soul Shriven
    Sure thing!
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    Thank you MillieWays!!! That was it! I took a screen shot of exactly where the cave is in case anyone else needs it. Now I know why it was such a problem. That cave is only used as the EXIT in the quest line!
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    and after all of that, it takes SO long to load due to posted server problems, that when it finally does load me into the dungeon, my character can't move, and as far as I could see, I'm stuck inside 3 other people who seem to have the same problem. lol
    Edited by Alan_Hawk on April 13, 2014 3:11AM
  • LimeFox
    LimeFox
    ✭✭✭
    OH.

I know what the issue is. The area Wansalen's in? For some reason, it's in a "contained" area. Basically, you go North of the Wansalen Wayshrine and enter the cave that leads through to the small, contained vale area, and then suddenly you can see it. The game treats it like a landmark you can't see until you enter that vale, basically. Once you're in there it'll show up fine.

There are a number of areas in the game that do this, there's another in Auridon that leads to a small tower and a crazy mage, for example. Basically, the green and brown on your map is actually important. If you see brown mountains/cliffs utterly surrounding an area and a TINY entrance somewhere, it's likely one of of those vale areas.
  • nyarasha
    nyarasha
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you! I was running all over the place. That cave is super hidden! Wish they'd show the cave routes on the map.