Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Blacksmithing question

xshadowclawzz12
I know that if you deconstruct an item someone else has made that gives you more xp than if it was an item you had made yourself. But what if your other character gave your main character some items and your main character deconstructed them, would it be the same?
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    Test and see.
  • xshadowclawzz12
    MysticAura wrote: »
    Test and see.
    People like you are just so incredibly annoying. You couldn't have just answered? Or not commented at all?

• rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you craft something and pass it on to an alt to deconstruct it still only gives minimal points.

I've tried it, it's not worth it.
    Edited by rawne1980b16_ESO on April 17, 2014 5:39PM
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Test and see.
    People like you are just so incredibly annoying. You couldn't have just answered? Or not commented at all?

to be fair..if you tested it and saw for yourself you would have got the answer quicker. I mean it wouldn't take all that long to figure it out.

• LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you craft something and pass it on to an alt to deconstruct it still only gives minimal points.

Thanks for answering @rawne1980b16_ESO . I don't have an alt so it would also be easier for me to post a question like this then to take the time testing it. Also, information like this is accessible to everyone else using the forums, so the answer is helpful for other people in the future.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was doing this a lot last night. I did not seem to be getting the "minimal points" at all. It seemed to me the same as getting white quality equipment from any other crafter. It did pale compared to the xp gains from deconstructing dropped greens, of course.
  • xshadowclawzz12
    LunaRae wrote: »

Thanks for answering @rawne1980b16_ESO . I don't have an alt so it would also be easier for me to post a question like this then to take the time testing it. Also, information like this is accessible to everyone else using the forums, so the answer is helpful for other people in the future.

I agree
    Test and see.

to be fair..if you tested it and saw for yourself you would have got the answer quicker. I mean it wouldn't take all that long to figure it out.
    The reason I asked instead of tested it out is because I can't access the game to try it out because the internet is extremly bad right now (no idea why, it's usually pretty good). But seriously still, why couldn't you just have answered? Would it really take you that much stamina to just sit down and type a sentence or two? And if you don't have the answer, why even bother to comment?

• xshadowclawzz12
    Shimond wrote: »
    I was doing this a lot last night. I did not seem to be getting the "minimal points" at all. It seemed to me the same as getting white quality equipment from any other crafter. It did pale compared to the xp gains from deconstructing dropped greens, of course.
    Ok so deconstructing white items from your alt is the same as getting it from another char that you don't own. But with green and higher items it's not the same?
    Also I think what @rawne1980b16_ESO meant about minimal points wasn't that you got less xp but just that the numbers no matter what are low.

Edited by xshadowclawzz12 on April 17, 2014 5:57PM
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »

Well you got more than me then.

I sent over 3 full sets of gear and got hardly anything. My alt was level 3 and the gear was the right level.... hardly budged my clothing XP.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm reasonably confident that deconstructing items made by ~any~ other character gives you the bonus crafting-xp. Whether they be made by another player or an alt. Just don't decon your OWN character's creations.