The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Yet again, another chapter enters with a whimper and no signage.

Romilly
Romilly
✭✭✭
So, excited to finally start the latest chapter of Southern Elsywer. Great, an intro story and quest line to follow. And then nothing. Bang. Dead. Sai Sahan promised to write, the lady says nothing. What am I supposed to do? Portal to Senchal with ZERO reason story wise ? Ride down the road from Northern Elysweyr hoping to find him?

Every. Single Expansion is the same. You do a story line, then your poor character has to guess what to do next, based on external, meta game information. It breaks the story flow, and it makes me sad you put ALL the effort into the intro quest, and can't be bothered to spend 5 mins connecting the dots to the next NPC in the story.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Update - ok I finally realized that the Southern Elyswer zone guide has a "find the main storyline" button. But really, the issue is still the same - just a dead end and then fumbling around "outside the game" to find the continuation, when it could have been as simple as Sai saying "meet me in Southern Elsywer when you're ready"