Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do You Like The New Ald Carac and Istiris Outpost?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Recently Ald Carac and Istirus Outpost were updated to be smaller for deathmatch. What are your opinions on this?

Personally, I feel that Ald Carac was ruined, as it tended to have amazing fights to the side where there was cover, now the fights happen almost exclusively near the spawns, and there isn't much variance in the fights now. The new istrirus is annoying because of the lack of cover in what's left of the arena.

Do You Like The New Ald Carac and Istiris Outpost? 62 votes

Yes
8%
SolarikenrobboliciousNelothSlackTriangularChicken 5 votes
No
91%
wheem_ESOMurderMostFoulKoensolSaltisolBashevmustangmorgan31Darkmage1337MojomonkeymankalunteVaohAliyavanaChunkyCatexeeter702bardx86ChantclairesusmitdsIvan04OrjixUrbanMonkGaggin 57 votes
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Only been into Ald Carac and layout is so mind boggling for me now. But I can live with it as long as it fixes the Bug associated with these 2 locations, which flags you as inactive despite moving around and working on the Tasks, and eventually kicking you out for being inactive with 20 min penalty.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why would you invest ressources into turning something from "good enough" to "terrible", ZOS? The layout changes are beyond bad, turning tactical gameplay into cramped, brainless moshpits that noone ever asked for.

I'd be really, really interested to know who on your team was pushing those changes and making the decision to free up ressources for that instead of changes that have been actually requested by the playerbase. Total disconnect from the game, its gamplay and its community.

@ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 16, 2019 12:09PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Why would you invest ressources into turning something from "good enough" to "terrible", ZOS? The layout changes are beyond bad, turning tactical gameplay into cramped, brainless moshpits that noone ever asked for.

I'd be really, really interested to know who on your team was pushing those changes and making the decision to free up ressources for that instead of changes that have been actually requested by the playerbase. Total disconnect from the game, its gamplay and its community.

agreed
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I like it, finally something that feel like an arena
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    They made them even more kitey, hard to even target a toon, the 'chase the person running around the tree/wall/tower' game is so freaking old at this point. Most of the bgs are laid out like this, doesn't allow for diverse gameplay at all.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Chase around the stairs, through the corridors, down the balcony, back up the stairs, gtfo.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The new istris outpost is the worst pvp map ive played in a game ever. It is beyond garbage and incredibly unfun.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    New outpost is an absolute *** show.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I doubt they'll revert them. They're probably patting themselves on their back thinking they did a great job and did us all a favor.

The stages where fine as they were before. Now it's just an endless spawn camp.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Aliyavana wrote: »

agreed

Triple Agreed. :lol:

I made a similar post in another similar thread the other night.
    But, yeah, the changes to these 2 maps are awful and were not well-thought through, IMO.
    The new Istirus Outpost is way too cramped and the small layout leads to terrible positioning and LOS issues. It's literally a giant moshpit.
    Ald Carac changes aren't as bad as Istirus Outpost, but I still prefer the old Ald Carac much much more, the original Ald Carac had more tactics and strategy involved with the ability to move in and out of the multiple outer-rings, in order to move around/between fights and intercept others, etc.

Now we are all just pigeon-holed into a mosh pit at the 3rd team's spawn point in tiny, crumby maps with massive walls.
    Ugh, I can't believe @ZOS_BrianWheeler went through with these changes. Please do not change all maps into this style.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Eevee_42
    Eevee_42
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    The redone maps are beyond awful. I can only hope that they don’t take this approach with future map designs. It’s an endless kite fest/stair chase/LOS game.
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    No
    The endless aoe, fear etc. no where to maneuver and it promotes platform farming once again. Some players can’t get off their platforms before being killed at their spawn location.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Istiris Post gives limited movements. I suppose the purpose of this arena is to LoS enemies. I usually see the fighting happening upstairs though.

The other map doesn’t feel all that much different. It just looks sad to me.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    All game modes for Ald Carac are now using the initial launch version of the map.

ZoS listened!!!!!
    Because I can!
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    No
    Maybe they’ll change Istiris back too
    Edited by Katastrophia on January 20, 2020 10:38PM
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Eevee_42 wrote: »
    The redone maps are beyond awful. I can only hope that they don’t take this approach with future map designs. It’s an endless kite fest/stair chase/LOS game.

If it will ever be any future maps….