The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Entire family has been "social" banned.

ephilsmailcub18_ESO
ephilsmailcub18_ESO
Soul Shriven
Last night me, my wife, my son and his wife were questing together when we noticed that none of us could trade, send mail, add friends or see guild bank options. A ticket was submitted and while it got an initial response, they never responded after I followed up with answers to their questions.

I submitted a second ticket asking for it to be looked into as this hitting all four of us is a little frustrating. They responded with a canned email of "We see you are having problems with guild bank items being missing", to which I replied that wasn't the case and for them to re-read the initial submission. They responded back "I see you are having issues with receiving mail" to which I responded that wasn't my issue, answered their questions again and then provided screen shots of each action and its result.

Can someone actually read my ticket and respond to the issue? We would like to continue playing this game together, but being limited like this just makes the game frustrating.

Incident: 170630-003674

Thanks!

Side note: We were just questing. Nothing special at that time. Earlier I was farming mats as I would normally do in my off time. If farming mats for blacksmithing and alchemy gets a social ban, then that's a show stopper.
While I do have mods, none of them are mail mods as mentioned in other threads for GM's getting banned when mass mailing their guilds. They are the basic popular ones, like for mini map, harvester, etc...
  • ephilsmailcub18_ESO
    ephilsmailcub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    (Update)
    It looks like it was resolved on my account. Don't know about the rest of my family yet.

Question Reference # 170630-000512

That was the number for the resolution. Asking if they can take care of the rest of my family or if they have to submit tickets the next time they get online.
  • Kartini
    Kartini
    ✭✭
    We - me, my wife and a friend - have the same problem. We were questing together the White-Gold Tower via the same internet-connection, our friends computer crashed, and after he got back online we were unable to trade, send mail or access the guild traders.

Ticket number: 170630-003829

Could somebody fix this issue? Or does anyone know somebody who to contact to speed things up? I would really appreciate any help!
  • Kartini
    Kartini
    ✭✭
    Well, 30 minutes later our accounts seem fully functional. Whoever is responsible for this quick response: thank you very much!
  • Kartini
    Kartini
    ✭✭
    Hi there, it's me again with the same problem. Once again me, my wife and a friend got banned after questing Elden Hollow I via the same internet-connection.

Ticket number: 171104-002503

Thanks for any help!
  • mikecrci
    mikecrci
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious. Is it because Zenimax flags this as being the same user with multiple accounts?
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had FTC's combat log and Alpha Gear give me social warnings.
    I've even had it boot me, for spamming alpha gears gear swap when it glitched on me.

Then again, being on the same IP, you may be flagging to ZOS as a potential botter.
    If you are sending gold to each other, you could be getting flagged under an automatic system as a suspected gold seller.

Around launch, I knew a few people that got flagged as potential gold sellers, after they gave some other new players fre gold.
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    My brother, me, and at one point a friend, all played on the same connection, never had that happen. Usually it happens when there is some form of lag between you and the ESO server. As you continue to fire skills, something is delaying the message. Then everything will suddenly go through and the server sees all those commands as spam, so you get silenced. You may not see the lag/delay, but it's there in some form.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikecrci wrote: »
    Just curious. Is it because Zenimax flags this as being the same user with multiple accounts?

That's a good guess. Possibly it's an anti botter response. 4 accounts all running at the same time from the same place could send some red flags... or it could just be some people from the same family playing together. ZOS, get your automated banning system in order. People playing from the same house is fairly common and should NEVER result in an autoban even if it's just a social ban.
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    4 accounts all running at the same time from the same place could send some red flags... or it could just be some people from the same family playing together. ZOS, get your automated banning system in order. People playing from the same house is fairly common and should NEVER result in an autoban even if it's just a social ban.
    I saw a multi-boxer bot with 8 !!! summoner sorc's in Riften - and he was not banned. However, to ban a family with 4 accounts is not a problem. Excellent work, ZOS!
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • Kartini
    Kartini
    ✭✭
    Hi there!
    After two years we decided to give it another try. The same players, the same accounts, one internet connection and the same result. We got banned 30 minutes after entering the dungeon. The ticket number is 200108-001399.
    Could someone please look into this and hopefully solve this problem permanently? That would be great!
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartini wrote: »
    Hi there!
    After two years we decided to give it another try. The same players, the same accounts, one internet connection and the same result. We got banned 30 minutes after entering the dungeon. The ticket number is 200108-001399.
    Could someone please look into this and hopefully solve this problem permanently? That would be great!

Is this for real or a joke ? or both?

mixedgifs3.gif

edit:
    no trolling, you have my sympathy... it is just so... hilarious and pretty sad at the same time.
    Edited by Lisutaris on January 20, 2020 1:40AM
  • RandomSilliness
    RandomSilliness
    ✭✭✭
    ...After two years...same result....
    I feel sorry for you, but given that ZOS has been sitting on this for 2 years is evidence that your plight is too rare and costly for them to remedy.

Until you hear something official from ZOS, something you could try on your own is connecting 2 of the clients through a VPN or a cellular hotspot. Depending on the quality of the VPN, that will increase pings a little or a lot, but if it avoids the ban it provides hard evidence of ZOS's failed logic. And....at least you get to play.

• SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there!

It's not multiple accounts from the same address as ZOS has stated that is okay:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6488114#Comment_6488114
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi there!

It's not multiple accounts from the same address as ZOS has stated that is okay:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6488114#Comment_6488114

in that instance it was 1 person logging into separate accounts not running both at the same time, this sounds like multiple accounts from 1 ISP being used at the same time which could very well flag up as suspicious behaviour
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put your ticket through social media they'll respond to that. Lol
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Communication with the support is always a bit weird, especially if it's not in English. From my experience just don't read too much into what they are saying and simply keep repeating the issue. They will eventually look into it, see the actual problem and solve it. So far they resolved every issue I had very well, even though my email history would make you think otherwise. :D
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)