The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The elusive gold grain

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently came back to ESO after unsubbing for a while, main is a master crafter. When I quit the best way to obtain gold grains was through daily writes or buy them. Has the writ rate changed at all? Are there other new avenues or still through writs or purchase?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writs.

Max level writs provide a guaranteed grain each day now, weighted towards Iridium/Zircon/Chromium. You can occasionally get double grains, and rarely a full plating.

The drop rate for chromium grains is higher under the new system than they were before they changed it.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just recently leveled 5 more alts to max Jewelry. I had noticed that my 1 character i had maxed in JC was getting gold and purple raw platings at a decent rate. So now i have 6 who do max JC Writs.

With them doing top tier writs, i gained 2 gold platings and almost have a third in a little over a week. I gained 4 purples. Of course last two nights was mostly blues.So, RNG is still fickle.

I have also noticed that while leveling them, they get a decent rate of Blue and Purple raw platings.

Edited by Nestor on January 17, 2020 10:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Writs.

Max level writs provide a guaranteed grain each day now, weighted towards Iridium/Zircon/Chromium. You can occasionally get double grains, and rarely a full plating.

The drop rate for chromium grains is higher under the new system than they were before they changed it.

What do you mean by max level, can you elaborate? Normal writ(not daily writ) is a guaranteed grain then?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Writs.

What do you mean by max level, can you elaborate? Normal writ(not daily writ) is a guaranteed grain then?

Max level writs are the ones you do with maxed rank in your crafting skill, i.e. platinum for jewelry crafting, rubedite for blacksmithing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Max means Max Material Level Passive, not just having Level 50 in the Craft. You have to invest the skill points.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K thank you, it had been so long I'd forgotten about those. Thanks everyone.