The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

pvp - group fail revealed purge overpowered

merevie
merevie
✭✭✭✭✭
Ball groups in pvp today were getting wrecked without their purge spam.
Many could not fight as a team -they were just relying on running without damage to pick the time to fight.
Today big name groups were getting wrecked over and over -little skill without the free pass. (and their rapid monkeys)
Be good to consider what purge does and does not remove in future updates.
We were running a 12 man group and if people use their own skills to navigate damage it's still perfectly possible to succeed.
Edited by merevie on January 20, 2020 4:27AM
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? Did something happen to purge?
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »

Purge only works on group members.
    Grouping was not possible due to a bug, so people had to run around ungrouped and therefor the usually well-organized ballgroups didn't have purge and rapid maneuver and apparently died quickly.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »

Grouping was not possible due to a bug, so people had to run around ungrouped and therefor the usually well-organized ballgroups didn't have purge and rapid maneuver and apparently died quickly.

Oh this must have been funny!
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So reduce group size to 12? If it works for PvE I don't see why it shouldn't work for PvP (inb4 iTs A lArGe ScAlE bAtTlE zOnE) :trollface:
    Options
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

Maybe they now change Purge to work on allies. XD

And increase falling damage in keeps and resources by 250% please
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    LOL

Maybe they now change Purge to work on allies. XD

And increase falling damage in keeps and resources by 250% please

Oh please no. There is already a bug with fall damage in Ularra and Mor Khazgur. I can fall 999999 meters in Wrothgar without dying, but jumping from the middle platform in Ularra, which is no more than 10m, sometimes kills me instantly even with full hp. It's not fun, it's frustrating because if I was hit let's say by a single tick from stamsorcs Hurricane just before I jumped, the sorc will get kill credit.
    Options
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge is not overpowered. Purging in a group affords the zerglings the luxury of being able to leave it off their bars and slot more offensive skills. This is the same asinine belief that ruined Earthgore for PvE. I've got a better idea. Leave the grouping broken in pvp. That way everyone there can learn to become better players and rely on the skills they can fit on their bars and they can stop raging about ball groups and calling to nerf equipment that is actually also used outside of pvp. There is nothing in Cyro stronger than another player. The same can't be said for PvE where these skills and sets are essential against Dungeon and Trial bosses.
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on January 20, 2020 8:55AM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »

Well they also didn´t have their stick to crown carry addon which makes following a lot harder :,D
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happened in the past and it made pvp feel like it did years back, imo.

I dont have anything against groups, but if these grps are some how affecting performance, then it needs to be looked into.
    Options
  • csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »

I dont have anything against groups, but if these grps are some how affecting performance, then it needs to be looked into.

this ^^ idk if smaller groups will help, but it would have been nice to be able to share scroll quests and everyone in the faction not having to stand on the same guy accepting and abandoning quests until they got the right one.

Options
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max 12 people groups would be so good for this game. Please someone make a post about this. I even run zergs and I would love 12 max, it requires more cordination between groups and for more battles around Cyro. Would be good for Lag as well.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
    Options
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more. Been hearing the in combat bug was gone with this feature as well. I didn't think about it myself, but I was not getting stuck in combat last night as I look back on it. That's the 2 biggest pain points in Cyrodiil in 1 shot.
    Options
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. Been hearing the in combat bug was gone with this feature as well. I didn't think about it myself, but I was not getting stuck in combat last night as I look back on it. That's the 2 biggest pain points in Cyrodiil in 1 shot.

This would make sense as, at the moment, if a damn rat sneezes on any group member then forget it boet, you can only use Shanks' pony. This becomes problematic when the group swells past 20 and aggroes the whole countryside as they storm past.
    Options