Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dwarven oil

weasel66
weasel66
Hi who sells Dwarven oil or where can you get it.thanks
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get it from breaking down green and upwards, gear. Its also got a chance of getting some from refining ore.

You cant buy it from a vendor but you can trade with players or via the guild store.
    Edited by Loxy37 on April 17, 2014 4:22PM
  • Zambonie
    Zambonie
    You get it from Greens? I've only gotten from deconstructing blue or higher.
  • weasel66
    weasel66
    thanks
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hirelings are also a possibility.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can it come from salvaging greens? I figured, as a blue item, it only came from salvaging blues (or better) - and that's the only way I've ever gotten it.
    Edited by columbineb14_ESO on April 17, 2014 4:24PM
    I have just told you more than I know.
  • Thakaron
    Thakaron
    I have obtained some from the following:
    - deconstructing items (better chance if the item is blue, but it's dropped from other levels too, although rarely)
    - forging bars from ore (again, rare, but it can happen)

Disclaimer: these are ways I've obtained DO. Your mileage may vary. Past performance is no indicator of future returns.

(oh, and having points in your Blacksmithing perks that improve item extraction makes a big difference).
    Edited by Thakaron on April 17, 2014 4:25PM
  • Pristia
    Pristia
    ✭✭
    You can also get it from your blacksmith hierling every 24 hours
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Albert Einstein
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    I often get absolutely nothing back from destructing blues. I have gotten quite a bit of Dwarven Oil from greens, but mostly I get it from refining ore.

Also, make sure to skill in to the skill that gives you more stuff when refining.

I've only ever found a single Grain Solvent (purple) so far, and that came from looting a treasure chest.
    Edited by crush83 on April 17, 2014 4:30PM
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Yup as Thakaron stated.

It can drop from deconstructing anything at the BS station but more prone to happen from the decon of blues.

That BS skill for improved extraction is well worth the points...I have a surplus of stones and oils