The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

crafting skills and farming: provisioning

ateso_ldee5
ateso_ldee5
✭✭
Simple question: does putting skillpoints into provisioning (recipe improvement) in any way influence the quality of materials being farmed - like woodworking, blacksmithing, enchanting, jewelry do? For there are no nodes related to provisioning?

Background to the question
Alcast writes in his 'Speedy G.' farming build (page below):

"Crafting Passives
If you do want to farm maximum level materials, you need to make sure to have your crafting maxed out. To get max level materials you need to max out:
Metalworking – Blacksmithing
Woodworking – Woodworking
Tailoring – Clothing
Recipe Improvement – Provisioning
Solvent Proficiency – Alchemy
Potency Improvement – Enchanting
Engraver – Jewelry crafting"
https://alcasthq.com/eso-fast-gold-farming-build-pve/
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. except for recipes potentially.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    Thanks and taking you up on that: recipes from containers? from daily writs? - Can you in any way farm reicpes? cheers
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks and taking you up on that: recipes from containers? from daily writs? - Can you in any way farm reicpes? cheers

Yeah, you find recipes in backpacks, containers, etc.

For the daily writs, they definitely depend on the rank level of the writs you do. I am in fact doing my provisioning writs at multiple levels to get more recipes for my characters to learn
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    to sum up: putting skillpoints into provisioning/recipe improvement has no effect on farming outcome, as there are no nodes related to provisioning such as there are for woodworking for example.

What recipes you find in containers, for example backpacks, is not related to your provisioning skill. (neither to char lvl or skillpoints invested in provisioning i suppose.)

However, provisioning is relevant to daily writs in that (apart from char lvl), skill line progress and points invested (in recipe improvement, no so much recipe quality, I take it (?)) determines drop chance of sealed writs, rarer resources and recipe type/lvl.

Does that sum it up?

How do you provisioning writs at multiple levels? do you vary the skill points invested in rec improvement from char to char, or those in rec quality, or both?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to sum up: putting skillpoints into provisioning/recipe improvement has no effect on farming outcome, as there are no nodes related to provisioning such as there are for woodworking for example.

What recipes you find in containers, for example backpacks, is not related to your provisioning skill. (neither to char lvl or skillpoints invested in provisioning i suppose.)

However, provisioning is relevant to daily writs in that (apart from char lvl), skill line progress and points invested (in recipe improvement, no so much recipe quality, I take it (?)) determines drop chance of sealed writs, rarer resources and recipe type/lvl.

Does that sum it up?

How do you provisioning writs at multiple levels? do you vary the skill points invested in rec improvement from char to char, or those in rec quality, or both?

It's only the points in recipe improvement that matter for the purposes of loot/writ level.

I have 18 characters who do writs on my main account.
    6 of them do Rank 6 (max level)
    3 of them do Rank 5
    3 of them do Rank 4
    3 of them do Rank 3
    3 of them do Rank 2

Yes, the recipes that drop as rewards from the writs are based upon the recipe improvement level of that character, as well as the alliance they are in for Ranks 1-3

You can only get master writs from Rank 6 daily writs

Your drop chance of "rare" materials (Bervez Juice and Frost Mirriam) is better at higher levels.

I'm pretty sure the recipes that you get from overland containers, at least in base game zones, are still tied to that zone's original level before 1-Tamriel, so you'll get different recipes in Stonefalls than what you get in Eastmarch, and they'll even be different by alliance. (So Stonefalls is different than Auridon).

I think in the new zones they are scaled to your character level, but I'm 100% sure.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best Source of Recipes are Provisioning Writs. Plus you get way more mats than you use.

The Container and Legerdemain Loot Tables have so many things, they are not really a reliable, or rather consistent source of Provisioning Recipes.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    thanks to both of you for the great info - i guess with your main account provisioning distribution across various levels you gather recipes for other accounts as well, tmbrinks?
    For a single account having that many diverse crafters in provis. is, well, it prevents the ease of use Dolgubon's offers.. creating a limited selection of meals, drinks, potions in high numbers you put in the bank and auto-withdraw for writ-completion, right?
    Edited by ateso_ldee5 on January 18, 2020 8:02PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks to both of you for the great info - i guess with your main account provisioning distribution across various levels you gather recipes for other accounts as well, tmbrinks?
    For a single account having that many diverse crafters in provis. is, well, it prevents the ease of use Dolgubon's offers.. creating a limited selection of meals, drinks, potions in high numbers you put in the bank and auto-withdraw for writ-completion, right?

They all go through their own unique 3 day cycle with 2 items turned in each day. So, I do have 30 slots in my bank dedicated to a stack of each of the items so that Dolgubon's can automatically pull it out.