The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to use a second account?

Kaunas
Kaunas
✭✭✭
So i just made a second account on the game just to have a clean and fresh experiance (no cp no bank stuff 100% fresh start) and i have no idea how to.. make it work lol.. 1st acc js linked to steam and 2nd when i try to login it says i dont have.. access? Help please
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the second account linked to Steam?

If not, you have to use base ESO Launcher and not go through Steam.

It might help to turn off Auto Login for this game. You might be able to enter your credentials into the Launcher then Or, link your second account to Steam (for sure you need to turn off Auto Login in Steam if you do that)

Or, just bypass the whole Launcher dance with your second account, instead, use a Shortcut directly to ESO64.exe and log in then. You might have to have Steam running first.

Edited by Nestor on January 18, 2020 1:45PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kaunas
    Kaunas
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Is the second account linked to Steam?

If not, you have to use base ESO Launcher and not go through Steam.

It might help to turn off Auto Login for this game. You might be able to enter your credentials into the Launcher then Or, link your second account to Steam (for sure you need to turn off Auto Login in Steam if you do that)

Or, just bypass the whole Launcher dance with your second account, instead, use a Shortcut directly to ESO64.exe and log in then. You might have to have Steam running first.

Mmm i cant seem to find the 64.exe now.. i see the normal ESO.exe but cant find the 64. Win7 64bit still
    edit: found it.. trying
    Edited by Kaunas on January 18, 2020 1:51PM
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 accounts as well, first Steam, second non-Steam. I have a shortcut for the eso64.exe and there, I have to enter my second account's user name and passwort. No need to run Steam at the same time or have already had Steam run that day - except if it's patch day.

Updates/patches need to be done through the Steam launcher. Updates done this way work fine for the non-Steam launcher, updates done through a non-Steam launcher (if you have one you can delete it) don't work for the Steam version. Also, of course, you only have to have the game installed once (if you didn't already guess that), but (as far as I know) it has to be the Steam version.
  • Kaunas
    Kaunas
    ✭✭✭
    Right using 64.exe still gives me "username is inactive at this time, if you got the game on steam use steam to login"..
    Stupid question tho.. do i need to buy the game again for the account to work?..
    Edited by Kaunas on January 18, 2020 2:00PM
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaunas wrote: »
    Right using 64.exe still gives me "username is inactive at this time, if you got the game on steam use steam to login"..

Do you have one Steam and one Non-Steam account, or are they both Steam versions? And is your (Steam) launcher up to date?
  • Kaunas
    Kaunas
    ✭✭✭
    Phoebe wrote: »

Do you have one Steam and one Non-Steam account, or are they both Steam versions? And is your (Steam) launcher up to date?

I only used a steam game download untill this time. The eso64.exe didnt run on steam and yes they are updates
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stupid question tho.. do i need to buy the game again for the account to work?..

Yep, if you want to play on 2 accounts, you need to buy the game twice :wink: You can, theoretically, buy the game as many times as you want and have that many accounts.
  • Kaunas
    Kaunas
    ✭✭✭

Yep, if you want to play on 2 accounts, you need to buy the game twice :wink: You can, theoretically, buy the game as many times as you want and have that many accounts.

WELP.. not doing that anytime soon.. sad life damn.. thanks for the help tho lads..
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, is this a situation where PC is not the “master race” as is incredibly easy to create second account on console?!

🤣🤣
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Wow, is this a situation where PC is not the “master race” as is incredibly easy to create second account on console?!

🤣🤣

Right? Woo, a win for us!

At the expense of the OP and others 😬 sorry.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WELP.. not doing that anytime soon.. sad life damn.. thanks for the help tho lads..

You can probably find the original game online somewhere (Amazon?) for cheap.... I bought the code for my second account from the ZOS store when it was on sale for $10, I don't know how often they have sales like that....
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

You can probably find the original game online somewhere (Amazon?) for cheap.... I bought the code for my second account from the ZOS store when it was on sale for $10, I don't know how often they have sales like that....

Yeah, if you only want a base account, they're quite cheap. I payed about 5€ for my second account.
    If you want the complete game, so far there used to be a huge sale at least every autumn... where you can likely get a bundle with the base game+Greymoor+Elsweyr+Summerset+Morrowind for about half of the normal price.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use Steam and have created a total of 5 accounts in 5 years.

The Launcher pops up and I enter the name and password of the account I want to hop on and away it goes.

Currently only playing on three of them and have never had issues.

But yes, you do have to buy the game for each account and if you want all the DLCs those as well and if you want ESO Plus you have to buy that as well for each account.

Stay away from Steam for ESO if possible.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So i just made a second account on the game just to have a clean and fresh experiance (no cp no bank stuff 100% fresh start) and i have no idea how to.. make it work lol.. 1st acc js linked to steam and 2nd when i try to login it says i dont have.. access? Help please

Did you purchase a second copy of the game to go along with that second account?