The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Save Money: Don't Buy Khajiiti Life Pack, Build Your Own Well Like This!

Raltin
Raltin
✭✭✭✭
Ah, yet another expensive furnishing pack rolls in, chock full of items that you can't get anywhere else in-game aside from the crown store... Moon-Sugarcane you can't buy at any furnishing vendor in Elsweyr; far too expensive to buy in bulk if you want to make your own true-blue moon-sugar farm. Then one of the khajiiti wells we've had in-game since vanilla; released as an expensive crown-only furnishing. Ridiculous. Well, I don't know how to replicate moon-sugarcane, but why spend your crowns on a furnishing that should have been player-craftable or buyable from housing vendors when you can make your own khajiiti well? Follow these examples and you'll have your own water-source in no time! Show your support for player-craftables and merchant-furnishings with these snazzy designs, and leave money-milking to the cows!

First up we have a simple design; merely taking the redguard covered well and adding some khajiit flare to it; achievement moon tiles from Reaper's March furnisher, khajiit bottles, and a lantern hung under the overhang, lovely! Unlike the following, it even comes with its own water audio!
Screenshot_20191104_215806.png

Next up to bat is a well entirely assembled from scratch; pulling together the redguard cask, sealed, to make the lid of the well, and clipped into one of the Elsweyr stone bases to create the stone rim, followed by one of the base-game khajiit arches and the Orcish Bucket, Cistern to create the rope hanging down from the overhang. With a bucket up top clipped into the orcish bucket rope, some banners and a few khajiit flasks, and we have ourselves a well, folks!
Khajiit_Well2.png

Finally, we have a variation of our second creation, but with the redguard cask raised from the ground to create the base of the well; a fully wooden design. Two separate khajiit arches, roped, clipped together to form the overhang, and with everything else still present from the previous design!
Khajiit_Well3.png

Have any designs of your own or thoughts to share, or your own variations of these builds you wish to show off? Post them down below for the benefit of other players, to encourage them to keep money in their pockets, and to show ZoS your disapproval of overly simple crown-locked furnishings!
Edited by Raltin on November 10, 2019 5:55AM
"Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was rumored to be one of the furnishings that dropped from the final boss of Moongrave Fane or Lair of Maarselok, but that may not have panned out.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/elsweyr-well-simple-arched/

But it's available individually for 300 crowns from the housing tab, which is roughly 75k gold if you trade for one. It's a decent compromise between the cost of a single crafted furnishing from Scalecaller and the very high amounts that those existing purple praxes from Scalecaller are asking.
    signing off
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    It was rumored to be one of the furnishings that dropped from the final boss of Moongrave Fane or Lair of Maarselok, but that may not have panned out.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/elsweyr-well-simple-arched/

But it's available individually for 300 crowns from the housing tab, which is roughly 75k gold if you trade for one. It's a decent compromise between the cost of a single crafted furnishing from Scalecaller and the very high amounts that those existing purple praxes from Scalecaller are asking.

And that right there is exactly the problem with Homestead. What could have been fun instead became an exercise in funneling more people into the crown store by making plans so rare that they go for millions or just flat-out making some items crown exclusive.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your well designs — especially that first one! :) I definitely agree that Moonsugar cane plants ought to have been available in game for gold for a long time now. :/ Do the bamboo plants look close enough? They are Crown only too, yes, but only 10 each. I have bought furnishing packs and might consider the second one coming out this month (with the Khajiiti statues) but I agree this one does not seem worth it to me.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    I like your well designs — especially that first one! :) I definitely agree that Moonsugar cane plants ought to have been available in game for gold for a long time now. :/ Do the bamboo plants look close enough? They are Crown only too, yes, but only 10 each. I have bought furnishing packs and might consider the second one coming out this month (with the Khajiiti statues) but I agree this one does not seem worth it to me.

While moon-sugarcane has existed (slightly) as a model since the base game, with their own small unique clusters on Khenarthi's roos, I believe bamboo plants (the smallest, shortest ones) were actually used as the moon-sugarcane model on a farm in Reaper's March, at S'ren-ja, I believe the town is named.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Those are amazing! Love the creativity :)
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They look great, but the problem that always occurs, with making your own version of things, is the furnishing slot issue.

Every time you have to spend 13 furnishing slots on a well, that is (obviously) 12 slots you can't use on other things.

This is what ZOS, presumably, relies on.