The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Which architectural style for structural items this year?

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So now we know we"re getting Skyrim, Blackreach and vampires, which is the main architectural style you are hoping for that will run throughout the year for new furniture items?
Edited by Zypheran on January 17, 2020 7:18AM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.

Which architectural style for structural items this year? 60 votes

Dwemer
8%
static_rechargeAliyavanaJthomas56roboflyChryseia 5 votes
Solitude
30%
roythb16_ESOMornaBaineAdamskiAldersKr3doXDark_One13Shadow_AkulaAethereal'GoldenOakberryvestahlsThannazzarVeeskWildRaptorXkind_heroweedgeniusNorthernNightmareskrvbb10rdAnumarilJenaisu 18 votes
Nord
33%
AelorinGarpleyCloudtraderInaMoonlightLarianaPomsfakingfocusedcarlyFakeFoxGhostrunner24TigerseyeFortunattoAshyachuAnotherone773KittytravelNord_RaseriTatankoHotdog_23LakhitiaBuffy121 20 votes
Other
28%
PinesyEarrindoAjaxandrielTaleof2CitiesLadyNalcaryaKrainor1974RaddlemanNumber7tim99mayasunrisingAlinhbo_TyakaUnit117KMarblekatanagirl1Ye_Olde_CroweredgreensunsetAraneae6537OWLTHEMAD 17 votes
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All of them.
    I think that most, if not all, things that are available in game should also be available as furnishings. I just dont see why not.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Gothic
    PC EU
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I’m really wanting gothic and vampire style furnishings. I want a beautiful but depressing looking home in the boggy lands of the pale
    Edited by Unit117 on January 17, 2020 4:03PM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Gothic/Vamp
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Any of them as long as they are available for in game gold and not Crown exclusives.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them.I think that most, if not all, things that are available in game should also be available as furnishings. I just dont see why not.

If players express demand for something they know is in the game but presently unavailable as a furnishing, then the crown store goblins will drop it into the store.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Dwemer would be nice, can’t remember what Solitude was like but I remember liking the house there so probably that one too.

I really dislike the dark and heavy Nord furnishings so I hope we don’t get a lot more of that.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    To what style does Solitude refer?

I hope not Dwemer; it’s very cool in its place but is supposed to have all been made long ago with technology since lost. To me, it doesn’t seem fitting to be able to build/craft anything in Dwemer style, but should only be able to find artifacts, etc. that we can display as desired.

Nord could be useful if that means a simple wooden style that can be used in a lot of builds.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 19, 2020 12:07AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord

I wasn't sure, so I looked it up:

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Solitude?file=Solitude_Landscape.jpg

It's actually really nice - I would be equally happy with this, or Nord, personally.

• kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solitude
    I don't want more bulky rough nord furnishings, we have plenty of those. Besides they have to come up with something new for a new chapter. I want Solitude style furnishings which I hope to be a mix of imperial and nord styles. The Imperial fort in S. Elsweyr has a building in the courtyard which features some elements that reminded me of Solitude when I saw it.

What I really hope for is to include much more building components of different types/colors, not only furniture. Also it is a great oportunity to add more dwemer schematics, now that we are going to Blackreach.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solitude
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    All of them.I think that most, if not all, things that are available in game should also be available as furnishings. I just dont see why not.

If players express demand for something they know is in the game but presently unavailable as a furnishing, then the crown store goblins will drop it into the store.

I wish that were actually true. They are actually really good at ignoring popular requests.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really hope all the gothic vampire stuff doesn't completely over shadow the nord aspects of the new chapter. That said we did have a glimpse of some brand new nord futniture

74b9rtqmbwti.jpg

On top of that the nord towns in Greymoor seem to have a brand new model for their buildings and I really hope we get some as homes. Unlike the old base game nord stuff, these look like, actually historically accurate representations of norse/viking/anglo saxon architecture

pyr3dmln62oa.jpg
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Tigerseye wrote: »

It's actually really nice - I would be equally happy with this, or Nord, personally.

So Solitude is one of nine major Nord cities (not sure which era(s) this applies to). Does each have different architecture or is Solitude alone unique from more contact with the Imperials? I think this was one of a few major cities in the Skyrim game but I don’t recall it looking significantly different from the others, not like the very different styles in Morrowind, for instance.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
    Tigerseye wrote: »

So Solitude is one of nine major Nord cities (not sure which era(s) this applies to). Does each have different architecture or is Solitude alone unique from more contact with the Imperials? I think this was one of a few major cities in the Skyrim game but I don’t recall it looking significantly different from the others, not like the very different styles in Morrowind, for instance.

Not sure, to be honest, as I didn't play Skyrim.

Hopefully, someone else will know. :smile:

Throren wrote: »
    I really, really hope all the gothic vampire stuff doesn't completely over shadow the nord aspects of the new chapter. That said we did have a glimpse of some brand new nord futniture

74b9rtqmbwti.jpg

On top of that the nord towns in Greymoor seem to have a brand new model for their buildings and I really hope we get some as homes. Unlike the old base game nord stuff, these look like, actually historically accurate representations of norse/viking/anglo saxon architecture

pyr3dmln62oa.jpg

The Nord furniture is really nice.

It's more sophisticated than the current Nord stuff; like Nord meets Alinor.

The houses are also nice, but look quite rustic and more like the existing Nord stuff.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 19, 2020 4:50AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    They threw away the opportunity to go full Pugin :(

Who needs Imga when we've got Nords. They're like they just climbed down from the trees.

PC EU
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

74b9rtqmbwti.jpg

pyr3dmln62oa.jpg

I'd be very happy to see any of this make it into the game. If it does hopefully it won't be all Crown Store.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord

74b9rtqmbwti.jpg

pyr3dmln62oa.jpg

I hope we get all that. I really like what I did with Mistveil, but this would be more fitting.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Gothic / Vampire
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Throren thanks for sharing those images, where did they come from?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    one more vote for (dark) gothic...
    #morehauntedhousing

giphy.gif
    :D
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I could (and would) use them all :).
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Miniminotaur138
    Miniminotaur138
    ✭✭✭
    Lets get a tower! Or a fort. Id love to have a vampire tower or a war fort.
    Xbox NA Housing Enthusiast & Vet Trial Healer *Heals in all classes*

Vet Trial Necrommancer Tank currently OT in Kynes Aegis

ESO Community Supporter and Tamriel Activist *Doesn't condone the filthy high elf ways*
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I would like to see all of them with pieces available and I would definitely love for there to be sets of structural components in each style. So like each style has large and small walls, walls/fences, stairs, archways, etc.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Falmer! please...
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;