The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If the new Expansion is taking us to Blackreach, it's about time we get a Manor-sized Dwemer house.

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
Don't get me wrong, Frostvault is nice, and was a good step forward. But it's a little too small, a little too limited in decorating potential, and (for some folks) just a little too frozen.

Now we're going to Blackreach, home to one of the biggest Dwarven City systems we've seen in any Elder Scrolls game. It's the PERFECT opportunity for a Giant Dwemer house. There should also be a Vampire-themed house in the Expansion, given it's the main theme, but we JUST got Wraithhome, which perfectly scratches the itch for a Vampire Manor.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so too. Also hoping for a good dragon priest barrow for my dragonpriest.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see more variety in sizes with the new content. I don't mind the huge homes but I would like them a lot more if they could be gifted (they are almost always crown store exclusive) so I can trade my gold for one. I would still like the opportunity to purchase with gold other sized houses. I have all but one that can be purchased with gold though I admit only a few are decorated.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love that, but I also think this is a great opportunity for another cave home! I'd really like a good cave to squat in, but I hate the lighting in Earthtear, and I'm not crazy about the peculiar layout of the Erstwhile Sanctuary.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want more normal medium and small sized houses. A sandbox one in a snowy landscape. A cabin/tower on a mountain side etc. Getting a bit tired of all the big massive houses.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on January 17, 2020 3:20PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seems a logical choice but I'm not super into dwemer style myself.

Blackreach however, has a slightly Morrowind otherworldly fungal vibe. If the locale and outdoor sections rock that, I might at least be curious.
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I don't mind the huge homes but I would like them a lot more if they could be gifted (they are almost always crown store exclusive) so I can trade my gold for one.

Most players would probably agree, but I think their current business model relies heavily on crown store uber manors to encourage people to buy crowns or subscribe for them.

I thought they achieved a good balance with Elsweyr - giving all owners of that DLC a free manor, and selling a few crown store exclusives.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manor sized dwemer house in blackreach. Yes please!!

It needs an elevator entrance/exit on the surface that leads to a dwarven structure for the house proper and then a yard "outside" in the Blackreach cavern area with a secondary entrance/exit into Blackreach itself.

AND IT BETTER NOT BE COVERED IN ICE THIS TIME!!!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the dwarven sun thing in crates all but assures it. I think it will be a mixed dwemer/blackreach style house since there are also glowing mushrooms. New leaks should be out next month and we’ll see what houses are next.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my hopes up when they teased the Frostvault house and was sorely disappointed with that one.

Please ZOS, don't let me down again.
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    I don’t know what you’re talking about...there are dozens of manor sized Dwemer homes in the game. They just all disappeared without explanation thousands of years ago. But they’re there.
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has already posted a video of a possible house in Blackreach.
    It does seem to be manor sized (too large for my tastes) but difficult to tell how much of it is actually dwarven style because the lack of lighting and 'furnished' preview, but I see some vampire-ish features.

If you havent seen it yet, the Blackreach house starts at about 2:00 into video.

The first house shown seems to be a Solitude Proudspire type (more to my liking)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q6QPVH0moM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The manor sized Blackreach house has zero Dwarven style. It looked nice, not what I'm looking for.

Thank you for the video. I just wish people would learn to make videos that didn't give eyeball strain with all the twitching and flicking the camera around. Slow down so people can actually focus on what you're showing.

I still want a proper dwarven house, even a mid sized 600 slot would suffice if it was done well.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »
    Someone has already posted a video of a possible house in Blackreach.
    It does seem to be manor sized (too large for my tastes) but difficult to tell how much of it is actually dwarven style because the lack of lighting and 'furnished' preview, but I see some vampire-ish features.

If you havent seen it yet, the Blackreach house starts at about 2:00 into video.

The first house shown seems to be a Solitude Proudspire type (more to my liking)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q6QPVH0moM

Oh my god it may not be dwarven but it is fantastic house anyways. Perfect for all sorts of evil characters I love to make. Defo on the must buy list.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was honestly expecting a Dwemer house with Greymoor, considering the Blackreach connection and the Dwemer Sun furnishing that they added to the Gloomspore Crates, but based on that video it seems like we won't get one. :disappointed:

I'm still hoping that they just added the new Nord and new Vampire style houses as a priority but that a Dwemer house is still in the works and will be added in the Q3 Dungeon DLC at the very latest. It's about time we got a proper Dwarven home for our Dwemer furniture, the Dwemer pipes and Forge Crown furnishing packs, and many Dwemer Luxury furniture that have been released over the years. Frostvault unfortunately doesn't fit at all due to its frostiness. So yeah, OP, I'm with you, let's keep our fingers crossed for Q3 then, at least. :confused:
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I was honestly expecting a Dwemer house with Greymoor, considering the Blackreach connection and the Dwemer Sun furnishing that they added to the Gloomspore Crates, but based on that video it seems like we won't get one. :disappointed:

I'm still hoping that they just added the new Nord and new Vampire style houses as a priority but that a Dwemer house is still in the works and will be added in the Q3 Dungeon DLC at the very latest. It's about time we got a proper Dwarven home for our Dwemer furniture, the Dwemer pipes and Forge Crown furnishing packs, and many Dwemer Luxury furniture that have been released over the years. Frostvault unfortunately doesn't fit at all due to its frostiness. So yeah, OP, I'm with you, let's keep our fingers crossed for Q3 then, at least. :confused:

Oh please not dwarf too that will be 3-4 houses in a year. Bought Xanmeer, might buy oasis, definitely the evil blackreach place that looks like a fusion of Mordor and 40k, and if dwarf? Rip.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell had 3 large houses. Northern Elsweyr had 3 large houses. MoonSugar Meadow, Jode's Embrace and Hall of the Lunar Champion. So the possibility still exists for a dwarven one
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell had 3 large houses. Northern Elsweyr had 3 large houses. MoonSugar Meadow, Jode's Embrace and Hall of the Lunar Champion. So the possibility still exists for a dwarven one
    They usually add 2 houses and 1 inn room with the Chapter patch (Saint Delyn + Amaya + Ald Velothi; Golden Gryphon + Alinor Crest + Aldmeri Grotto; Sugar Bowl + Hall of the Lunar Champion + Jode's Embrace). We now saw 2 houses from the Greymoor patch (Nord and Vampire), so it's almost certain that there won't be any Dwarven house added in the next 4 months.

Moonsugar Meadow was added in the Scalebreaker patch, not during Northern Elsweyr's Chapter, the Grand Psijic Villa was also added in a later patch cycle, and while Tel Galen was discovered early on the Morrowind PTS, that too was made available much later. So since both the Nord and Vampire home had Crown Store purchase icons on the Graymoor PTS, those will be the only 2 larger homes we'll see until after Q3. It's sad, but I think this is the most likely evidence so I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Dwemer house for Greymoor. :disappointed:
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, you're right. I forgot that some of the houses were added later. I can wait (impatiently, LOL)

If they don't add one this year, they will be missing out on a perfect oppurtunity to give many in the community exactly what we've been asking for, for years.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a few dream homes and this year has checked off two. A big cool thieve's den of some sort with cool hideaways. I wanted a pure evil vamp/necro home now fullfilled.

I only have five requests left and since it seems my luck is holding out.
    1. When Blackmarsh chapter comes I want a grand hist grove with a huge massive hist tree at the center like an elder hist and then lots of others around. This would be more of a free form build area like moonshadow meadows.
    2. If blackmarsh comes out a house made from the bones of swamp titans and other giant creatures in the deep swamps would be sick
    3. A bigger more elaborate Telvani house when we eventually get to the Telvani peninsula.
    4. A giant nord dragonprist barrow with half uncovered dragon skelaton in its center.
    5. A dwemer home preferably in blackreach.

Runner up idea less important. Ashlander home in Skarr, a bigger full manor sized version of Amaya Lodge somehwere in morrowind, and finally I like the volcano mansion but its hard to see the lava so some sort of morrowind mansion with lava that is more easy to view and see.

It's a big list but I'm sure ESO team likes tons of money.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to get my hopes up, but the other day I found a non functional Dwarven Great lift in Skyrim, Just south of the Shademother's Haven world boss. Possible future entrance to a Dwemer house in Blackreach? I can dream. LOL
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I just found the Blackreach entrance to the possible house.
    East of the Dwarf's Bane Ritual site, in the corridor leading to the Lightless Hollow area, there is a dwemer structure on the northern side with a door that is blocked by rubble.
    And it lines up roughly with the location of the non functional Great lift up top.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on June 21, 2020 2:26PM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    East of the Dwarf's Bane Ritual site, in the corridor leading to the Lightless Hollow area, there is a dwemer structure on the northern side with a door that is blocked by rubble.
    And it lines up roughly with the location of the non functional Great lift up top.

I hope your right. Hopefully next month it shows up in the next datamine. Don't make me choose beween bastion sanguinaris and a blackreach dwemer home. Please no. :(

Edit
    What makes you think its not an entrance to a dlc dungeon?

Edit 2
    IIRC when I found future house sites in advance I don't think they had enemies by their door. So I don't know. It's possible they could remove the enemies I guess.
    Edited by Aptonoth on June 21, 2020 4:20PM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »

I hope your right. Hopefully next month it shows up in the next datamine. Don't make me choose beween bastion sanguinaris and a blackreach dwemer home. Please no. :(

Edit
    What makes you think its not an entrance to a dlc dungeon?

Edit 2
    IIRC when I found future house sites in advance I don't think they had enemies by their door. So I don't know. It's possible they could remove the enemies I guess.

I know. Tough choice!

Edit
    Anything's possible. Right now it's just my wishful thinking.

Edit 2
    Very true, but it does seem like an odd place to have 2 enemies just standing there.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on June 21, 2020 6:01PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to get my hopes up, but the other day I found a non functional Dwarven Great lift in Skyrim, Just south of the Shademother's Haven world boss. Possible future entrance to a Dwemer house in Blackreach? I can dream. LOL

I believe that is an exit for one of the main area quests that I came up from the other day.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up on that one.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that is an exit for one of the main area quests that I came up from the other day.

I figured that was a possibility as well. I haven't done much of the main quest yet (too much antiquities. lol)
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, you were right. That lift is quest related. Damn!

Oh well, my dream for a proper dwarven house will have to wait for now. LOL
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, you were right. That lift is quest related. Damn!

Oh well, my dream for a proper dwarven house will have to wait for now. LOL

Sorry to be the one to break the bad news :(

I remember having the Skyrim house in Markarth and it was pretty cool. I hope they have one somewhere for you in a future update :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA