Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Heart of Skyrim & Greymoor Announcement Recap"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
d2eb98fb80091a69aab4cdb4cde7060d.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Dark Heart of Skyrim & Greymoor Announcement Recap" blog article.

Yesterday evening, we announced The Elder Scrolls Online’s next big year-long adventure and Chapter live from the HyperX Esports Arena Las Vegas. In case you missed it, here’s everything we showcased and announced during the big event!
Staff Post
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try not to blink while watching. Otherwise you'll miss the part where they talked about PvP.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see this part of the announcement get clarified:

We're giving all ESO players the Long-Winged Bat pet. To qualify, simply log into the game and kill any enemy monster any time between January 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM EST and January 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.
    As long as you qualify, you’ll receive your Long-Winged Bat pet by the first week of February. It’ll be added to your Collections automatically.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We're giving all ESO players the Long-Winged Bat pet. To qualify, simply log into the game and kill any enemy monster any time between January 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM EST and January 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.
    As long as you qualify, you’ll receive your Long-Winged Bat pet by the first week of February. It’ll be added to your Collections automatically.

I think this should also be included in the game launcher (for PC) and the announcement window on all platforms. Not everyone is going to read this article on the website. Or have they pushed this out on Twitter and their other communication platforms?

Looking forward to exploring Western Skyrim and learning more about antiquities. I recall them saying that there will be a skill line associated with this? I may be misremembering.

Also, love that the re-vamp of the vampire skill line will include the justice system. Also, glad to read that playing the dungeon DLC isn't necessary to be able to follow and enjoy Greymoor. I appreciate that they want to tie the year together, but it won't get me to play those dungeons.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I think this should also be included in the game launcher (for PC) and the announcement window on all platforms. Not everyone is going to read this article on the website. Or have they pushed this out on Twitter and their other communication platforms?

Looking forward to exploring Western Skyrim and learning more about antiquities. I recall them saying that there will be a skill line associated with this? I may be misremembering.

Also, love that the re-vamp of the vampire skill line will include the justice system. Also, glad to read that playing the dungeon DLC isn't necessary to be able to follow and enjoy Greymoor. I appreciate that they want to tie the year together, but it won't get me to play those dungeons.

I know its on Twitter at least.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we get those artifacts in instanced flashbacks?
    Hope so. It would be cool to see some characters on other eras (im eager to find nerevar, st alessia, veloth, dumac and young tribunal) :)
    Edited by gepe87 on January 17, 2020 5:34PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Prodigy_UA
    Prodigy_UA
    ✭✭
    Steam price for Digital Upgrade:
    Russian federation - 1499 rub (~$24.39)
    US - $39.99
    Ukraine - 1399 uah (~$57.90)
    hmm.. is it correct price for Ukraine?
    if buy this upgrade on your site price is €39,99 (think it's expensive for upgrade, but not $60, like new AAA title)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try not to blink while watching. Otherwise you'll miss the part where they talked about PvP.

I heard fengrush kind of joke about this during the stream and it's taken off to be a thing; but personally my content would be if the performance fixes actually help. I'm totally ok with that being a focus and saying that's what we get for PVP. If it works....
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. We've been *** on again, lads.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I'm actually cautiously really excited about this upcoming Chapter and the changes to vampires. But one thing really bothered me about the stream. The devs were all over bragging about what THEY did for vampires...and never mentioned even ONCE that every single thing they mentioned, from the Blade of Woe style feeding animations to the reversal of how stages work with feeding and others besides, were ALL things the player community has been asking for, in detail, on these very forums, FOR YEARS. That was really disappointing. Guys you didn't dream all that up yourselves. The players handed it all to you on a silver platter. A little credit might be nice.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Zurixadai
    Zurixadai
    ✭✭✭
    As a preface, here, let me say that I do love the game. Been playing since beta, and even though I've come and gone, I do always come back and tend to enjoy things. I like to think I'm a pretty positive, upbeat sort of person, so I don't want to come off as anything else.

This is the first expansion they've announced where I'm actively searching for something to spend money on and kind of coming up empty-handed. Not that I don't appreciate what's there; the Antiquities system sounds like it could be fun. Mini-games, or just anything someone can do without needing to enter a loading screen, are something the game has needed for a bit and I'm glad they're moving in that direction. And I'm perfectly content to be heading back to Skyrim, there's plenty of space there that'll be fun to see in 2E.

Now, to be completely fair, this may just be a case of bad luck on my part. I don't really play vampires, so the rework is neat and I'm sure people will appreciate it! It just doesn't affect me personally (also, the vampire rework isn't expansion-exclusive, so I'd get that regardless, I guess). Skyrim sounds great, but the only place I really want to see is Winterhold, and that doesn't appear to be on the agenda yet. I didn't expect a new class a second year in a row, but I had my fingers crossed for a new skill line or something (a Bards Guild line would've made sense, right? I mean it's Solitude, after all); nothing on that front either, though. No new crafting, nothing really for PvP, nothing major for Housing--and I'm looking, I promise.

I don't want to be harsh. But doesn't this one feel a little... light, I guess? Mechanically, there just doesn't seem to be a lot here. I'm sort of hoping that maybe they're pouring resources into a lot of QoL improvements for this one, beefing up the overall performance of the game in general. Or maybe everything isn't fully detailed yet, I don't know. Is it just me?
    Wishlists:

Gameplay Wishlist:
    -Winterhold [In all of its still-standing, pre-sunken, "rivaling Solitude" glory!]
    -Frost class/skill line [Wardens count!]
    -Unarmed/monk class or skill line
    -Polearms/spears skill line [Aedric Spear counts, but...]
    -Bound Weapons skill line [Casters should have more than sticks, yeah?]
    -More skill lines in general

Housing Wishlist:
    -Structure pieces, by the thousands! Walls, doors, stairs; everything from every racial/architectural style
    -More functional furniture: doors that open/close, portals to travel throughout one home, etc
    -"Lairs" or something similar: another separate, instanced space inside of a home
    -NPC's: guards and bards, all day
    -The Golden Vendor, but able to be placed in homes [Might help with some excess Cyrodiil traffic, maybe?]
    -The Luxury Furnisher, but also able to be placed in homes [... Look, homes are huge and I'm tired of them being empty]
    -Boat house [Fair Winds absolutely counts!]
    -Boat furnishings in general
    -Respec/redidication shrines
    -Wayshrines [I can just port to a guildmate, I guess, but...]
    -Undaunted pledge billboards/Undaunted NPC's
    -Crafting writ billboards
    -More mount/pet functionality when placed [Pathing counts!]
    -Guild bank/store access
    -Ability to repair gear at home [If traveling merchants in the middle of nowhere can do it, why can't I?]
    -Other, smaller, fun functionality, like farming or mini-games [Tales of Tribute absolutely counts!]

QoL Wishlist:
    -Text search boxes [Praise Tall Papa, thank you.]
    -Item conversion/transmogrification [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Previewer/dressing room [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Instead of Arms Packs (or in addition to them), just sell me the blasted VFX
    -Gear loadouts [Armory system counts!]
    -Skill loadouts Armory system counts!
    -Cloaks [I know you said no, but I'm not taking it off my list.]
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zurixadai wrote: »
    As a preface, here, let me say that I do love the game. Been playing since beta, and even though I've come and gone, I do always come back and tend to enjoy things. I like to think I'm a pretty positive, upbeat sort of person, so I don't want to come off as anything else.

This is the first expansion they've announced where I'm actively searching for something to spend money on and kind of coming up empty-handed. Not that I don't appreciate what's there; the Antiquities system sounds like it could be fun. Mini-games, or just anything someone can do without needing to enter a loading screen, are something the game has needed for a bit and I'm glad they're moving in that direction. And I'm perfectly content to be heading back to Skyrim, there's plenty of space there that'll be fun to see in 2E.

Now, to be completely fair, this may just be a case of bad luck on my part. I don't really play vampires, so the rework is neat and I'm sure people will appreciate it! It just doesn't affect me personally (also, the vampire rework isn't expansion-exclusive, so I'd get that regardless, I guess). Skyrim sounds great, but the only place I really want to see is Winterhold, and that doesn't appear to be on the agenda yet. I didn't expect a new class a second year in a row, but I had my fingers crossed for a new skill line or something (a Bards Guild line would've made sense, right? I mean it's Solitude, after all); nothing on that front either, though. No new crafting, nothing really for PvP, nothing major for Housing--and I'm looking, I promise.

I don't want to be harsh. But doesn't this one feel a little... light, I guess? Mechanically, there just doesn't seem to be a lot here. I'm sort of hoping that maybe they're pouring resources into a lot of QoL improvements for this one, beefing up the overall performance of the game in general. Or maybe everything isn't fully detailed yet, I don't know. Is it just me?

I think we've not heard everything by a long shot and I'm hoping for more detail. Especially regarding the player housing. We pretty much know we'll be getting some houses and, like with vampires, I HOPE they've been listening to the player feedback here and will knock our socks off. I don't expect them to tackle the player limits or furnishing slots limits that have plagued the system since day one as they just don't seem to care about that. Sadly. What I DO hope is that they have heard us on how best to make those limits less painful and will not be giving us giant spaces that are utterly impossible to fill. As well as better and more intelligent layouts in general that will make these places HOMES and not just weirdly thrown together spaces where the interior doesn't even remotely match what the exterior suggests.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I have bought the Greymoor Chapter by pre-purchase and got the new horse mount.
    I think that front legs of this mount are bad designed. They are too straight, in an unnatural way. No knee joint and no muscles, just a children's drawing..
    It's strange, because other horse mounts are not like this.
    Ok. fasten your seatbelts and go ahead with the new chapter !!!
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the new chapter or next available content active, what date for each platform please ?
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is the vampire rework coming with Q2 Greymoor or in Q1 Harrowstorm?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Valykc wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is the vampire rework coming with Q2 Greymoor or in Q1 Harrowstorm?

This is coming with the Greymoor Chapter.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

I've pre-purchased Greymoor, so this won't be an issue for me, regardless, but with regard to the Antiquities system,
    will one need to purchase the chapter in order to have access to that new system? Or is it a base-game addition?

Thanks!

Edited by bearbelly on January 26, 2020 10:13AM