Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No significant PvP update?

Micah_Bayer
Micah_Bayer
✭✭✭✭✭
Have they given up on pvp completely? This is kind of outrageous how pvp gets one seige siege weapon, and pve gets 4 dungeons, 2 trials etc etc. I don't know, maybe I'm one for equality and fairness, but maybe that's not how i should be looking at things. And as for the hate this message will get, saying pvp doesnt grant any money or nobody likes it. I mean there is a reason, lag, lack of content, i mean obviously it wouldn't add revenue if the devs don't care about it.
  • perolord
    perolord
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing new.. same story for few years now =)... as i stated in another thread, the game already started to feel boring, but now this will show even more...
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this response in the other PvP being ignored threads but here goes.

New PvP content would wreck PvP. The population is already low so spreading it out farther would be a bad thing.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

New PvP content would wreck PvP. The population is already low so spreading it out farther would be a bad thing.

There's a reason it's low, and it's because there's no new content. I remember specifically how BG's would split the playerbase, and that was false, people would get into matches almost instantly, and still the campaigns were pop locked.
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, what specifically would you like them to add outside of a siege weapon and new sets? I see a lot of cries for "new content" and a lot of anger for the content you did get, but not a lot of ideas for content that PvP'ers would actually enjoy instead of gripe about. I feel like listing ideas would be more productive than just spamming the forum with "they don't care about us :'( " threads.

Also even if PvP got a lot of attention, there is still a very large portion of ESO players who would not play it because a large part of the draw of this game is that it's a TES game. Which means narrative, lore, Rp'ing and PvE, not PvP. Not saying that TES fans are incapable of enjoying PvP (many do!), but that's not the core audience of a TES game. So while you are right that PvP certainly won't draw in people if it's ignored - I think it's naive to imply that if you guys get new content it will suddenly draw in the population that other PvP type games have. It just won't because that's not the core game audience.

As a side note I don't think it's fair to draw a direct comparison between the amount of content each type gets. On top of the fact that this game is a part of a RPG series with a core audience of PvE'rs, there are more opportunities for different types of content under the PvE umbrella. PvE has more playstyles and a greater difference in the needs of those playstyles than PvP does - so naturally, it is going to need more content to satisfy those different needs.

Tl;DR : What exactly would make you happy as a PvP'er? Discuss that and offer ZOS options instead of spamming the forums with what some might call carebear whining that offers no real solutions. (Am i using that phrase right? It's PvP jargon, so I'm not entirely sure).
    Edited by haelene on January 17, 2020 8:27AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a reason it's low, and it's because there's no new content. I remember specifically how BG's would split the playerbase, and that was false, people would get into matches almost instantly, and still the campaigns were pop locked.

Nah PvP depends on players fighting players. The more you spread them out the less there is in any one location. That is why Cyrodiil has choke points.
    PvE depends on new content and content being repeated. That is why they provide new content and between that content they give us reasons to repeat what is already there. Some call it a grind but it is there for the health of the game. It entices use to repeat content.
    More content in the form of more areas isn't how you fix PvP. Providing new things in the existing content might up the population some. I think the main problem right now is just performance issues. I know some (quite a few actually) of the PvP players I ran/run with are taking a break from the game and check in from time to time hoping there have been improvements. Content isn't going to bring them back to PvP.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What new content? PVP is literally killing each other. You have dueling, open world Cyrodiil with siege, battlegrounds for small scale and objective based pvp THEN pve/pvp in IC with terriitory control and ganking fun. It's all here already. Go do it.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love PvP and all but without a fix to the lag issues I feel any addition to it would just make the problem worse.
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you need more content than a resource tower in cyro you are not a pvper
    change my mind
    Edited by D3N7157 on January 17, 2020 10:09AM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how we have been conditioned to hate each other as PvE and PvP players. Completely throws away the fact that there's no excuse an MMO this successful can't provide content for everyone.
    PvP needs more love.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be specific, what content were you hoping for?

*holds a broom ready if the answer is Battle Royale*
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same thing happened to GW2 pvp, they left pvp alone for years, no new modes just a single circle jerk that no one enjoyed but continued to play begrudgingly because combat was good.

Guess what happened to their pvp after a couple years of nothing.. they had the same mentality of 'more modes would split playerbase' well that doesn't matter much if your mode is dead does it lol. Its a complete fabrication .. a lie, multiple modes shouldn't matter if your game is good people will play it and the split playerbase won't matter.

All I know that to be is an excuse not to make content for pvpers.

Another issue is pvp is known for not being rewarding as pve. Its like a taboo in every MMO to *gasp* reward pvpers for their time. Why can I make 9000x more gold in pve facerolling and can't make *** in pvp fighting my ass off lol.
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    Because the game is a PVE with optional PVP not the other way round.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The last updates to PvP they did added a mechanic that added more lag and zerging, ignored 1 bar v locked faction play, never updated siege to actually make people sweat (in CP), plus made changes that resulted in more tanky ball groups as the preferred method of play.

And yet you want them to do more..!?

Next update they are probably planning to gut healing to the point that block-holders and people running a lot of damage reduction (you know the same guys ultra-tanky now that people think is due to healing alone) will dominate PvP. Don't even get me started on how skewed balance is towards stam builds, but that's okay because mag sorc, and some stamina player using a meta build got killed by a mag templar once over his entire three hour game period because he wasn't as skilled a streamer as he thought and was just another zergling :D

Oh hold on, getting carried away there... Uhh yeah, we need an update in PvP!