The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Suggestion: Track your progress for Chaos Champion and Chaos Guadian

Qbiken
Qbiken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently these two achievements can be two of the most difficult ones to get in a chaosball game. A lot of players I´ve spoken to have got these two achievements by co-ordinating 3 premade groups (often in higher MMR tiers) and hope to end up in the same battleground. However, this thread isn´t about how you achieve it, but rather:

How do I know how much damage or healing I did?

As it stands right now, there´s no proper way to track how much damage or healing I did to the chaos ball carrier. I can use combat metrics, but even then it´s very difficult for me to get a feeling for how far away I was from completing the achievement. My proposal is to add some kind of tracker under each achievement, that shows how much damage or healing you´ve done as best in any given chaosball game. Example:

Lets say I play 10 games of chaos ball. In my first game I manage to do 200k damage in total to the carriers and in the other remaining 9 games, I only managed to do 150k damage. If I then look at my progress for Chaos Champion it will tell me that I´ve 200k/450k. Same thing would go for the chaos Guardian achievment.

The Chaos Keeper has a way to track our progress, give us a way to track our progress for Chaos Keeper and Chaos Guardian as well.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does it count if you heal yourself as carrier? I feel like you need to coordinate just to get the carrier to not heal so you can reach the 375k.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it count if you heal yourself as carrier? I feel like you need to coordinate just to get the carrier to not heal so you can reach the 375k.

Self healing doesn't count afaik
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn’t it all have to be in one game? I don’t think chaos guardian is too bad unless you’re stam. Just play a healer for a chaos ball.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Doesn’t it all have to be in one game? I don’t think chaos guardian is too bad unless you’re stam. Just play a healer for a chaos ball.

The chaos champion (deal damage) and chaos guardian (heal) has to be done all in one game. Chaos Keeper (just hold the ball) is the one that accumulates over several games. But yet again, it´s really annoying that I´ve no clue how close (or far away) I was from completing the achievement.
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken were you ever able to get them done? I’ve been trying for years and it just doesn’t seem possible.

3mil damage and still not popping 🤪
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stelegrega wrote: »
    @Qbiken were you ever able to get them done? I’ve been trying for years and it just doesn’t seem possible.

Gave up a while ago for a couple of reasons:
    1. See this thread
    2. My main has high mmr which means I'll easily wait 10-15 min for a deathmatch, even longer for a non deatmatch.
    3. The few times I do get a chaos ball it's never one of those "perfect" games. Usually one team decides to go full deathmatch mode and ignores the team who has the ball......
    4. Apparently doing damage towards enemies with a damage shield doesn't count towards the achievement, hence why most people with this achievement got it back when oblivion damage (and DoT-damage) was much more powerful.

But ye.....
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just Q with your own premade and you'll get the damage dealt one easily. Just tell your guys to leave you to the carrier and aslong as you don't go gung-*** and don't stun them etc you should be sound to just whittle away well before the end.

Get the rest of your premade to farm the other team.
    stelegrega wrote: »

Focus on less AOE damage and only target the ball carrier, it's one of those where your stats don't look as good as normal after the game, I hit 2-3M damage a longer game but when I done Chaos Champ I ended with like 1.1M.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got into two chaos ball games this evening and what a *** it is that damage towards chaos ball carriers doesn't count (according to the Chaos Champion achievement) if they're using a shield. In my book it makes no sense that it doesn't count, damage towards shielded users should be considered damage towards Chaos Champion as well.......
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stelegrega

Finally managed to get it done (actually solo queued for this one):
    [img][/img]5O6nKws.png

Basically the "perfect game" with lots of healbots, little incoming damage towards me, both enemy teams had the ball fairly equally and most importantly, not a single shield user (to discredit the dmg vs ball Carriers). However, I don´t see this achievment being doable without going full "cheese mode". Previously you would abuse the hell out of oblivion damage enchants (back when they were good) or recently abuse the overperforming DoTs.
    In my case it was "cheesed" by going full "proc-tard" mode and pray that the healers in my team could keep me alive.

I still stand by my statements that the mode need some rework in terms of what is considered damage vs shielded targets, and that there needs to be some kind of "tracking system" so you know exactly how much damage you´ve done to the players holding the ball.