The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Money making question: Sell mats or Craft gear sets?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
Which is best to make some extra money? I’ve been pretty broke in ESO since the beginning of time and recently made around 300k with the event. I bought some mats to replenish my supplies for dailies but I’m curious how you all make money besides selling master writs. Do you say raw mats, refined mats, or craft gear to sell on traders?

If you sell gear, what sets sell the most? I figured NMA, Hundings, and Julianos. Is there any others?

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not had much luck selling crafted sets.

Better is to sell the Materials. Raw Mats, Tempers and Alchemy being the best earners.

Or, Legerdemain 5k to 15k per alt per day

Or Crafting Writs (about 4500 to 5000 gold per alt per day)

Spend 20 to 30 minutes per day with the above activities and you will be rolling in gold

Edited by Nestor on January 14, 2020 3:31PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a much bigger market for raw and refined mats than there is for crafted sets.

As for selling raw or refined, some of that has to do with whether you want to sell the results of refining as well or you just want to list one item and be done.
    Answer ✓
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling crafted sets is a very niche market, usually just low level gear for leveling characters. Not a lot of profit in it.

Selling the materials (particularly purple and gold improvement materials) is significantly more profitable, especially if you do the activities to earn them (farming, writs, etc)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Answer ✓
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlike other MMO's crafted gear doesn't really have a market. I have made gold off of crafting deconstruction gear for players leveling crafting but it is kind of cyclical as to whether it will sell quickly and how good of a return you will get. I no longer do this except for guild members where I provide the items for free. These days I mostly sell excess tempers and materials needed for the daily/master writs as they have the best return for the least amount of work. The materials, not including tempers, don't usually make a lot of gold individually but if priced right are high volume so makes up for it with numbers.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to grind for necropotence and mothers sorrow gear in the popular traits. Dolmens and public dungeons in those zones.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sell materials. Easily. Most people can craft their own sets these days and you only get the occasional ‘can someone craft me......’ post in chat. Better off just selling materials.
    Edited by MattT1988 on January 16, 2020 6:28AM
  • BansheeVT
    BansheeVT
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty hard, takes a long time and is mostly tiny profit to sell crafted gear. Just sell mats. You can easily make a lot of gold with farming mats. Doing your dailies everyday is also a steady income must people underestimate or are too lazy for. You can also try to farm popular sets but crafting sets is not worth it imo
    @BansheeVT - GM of 'Valinor Traders'.

Valinor Trading Union:
    Valinor Traders: Vivec, 500k sales, <500k sales = 25k fee, <250k sales = kick
    Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 150k min sales OR 15k donation
    Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales OR 10k donation
    Valinor Vendors: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 8k donation
    Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation