Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exploit at small houses with loading doors

caesarvs
caesarvs
✭✭✭✭
https://ibb.co/1mTmfnP

So,
Around 10 EP players with Scroll hide inside this house (Thalara's Winery), waiting for reinforcements, and since the house is undestroyable and has a loading door attached to it, it was impossible to get inside and fight properly. They stayed on this for several minutes.
I don't think its fair, since the house is fairly small inside, but once the EP gets out, has alot of free space to spread.
So,
I reported as much of their @ i could see, for exploit.

Make house destroyable or remove the door.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really an exploit but sure......
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just ignore them and not get farmed. Not really an exploit.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really an exploit, but is kind of a cheesy move and edge case ZOS might want to consider in future.

Just spam up on shields and buffs and zerg inside? If that doesn't work at least you'll create an awesome murder scene.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    This same type of thing happened during the last Midyear Mayhem. People camped inside buildings where you had to turn in the quests for towns. They see your character load inside before you exit the load screen so most of the time it's a free lol for them. It wasn't deemed an exploit then so I highly doubt it will be now. Just avoid them & don't enter to be farmed. It's totally fair too because they're utilizing in-game mechanics > find a building, bunker down, & wait for reinforcements to arrive so they can defeat enemy forces.
    Edited by XIIICaesar on January 15, 2020 2:23PM
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    Also, afterthought, why didn't your group just call for more from zone to just stealth up outside somewhere until their reinforcements arrived or they left the building & then bomb em all while they were a tight group exiting with ultimates & prox detonation or something? See what I did there... It's called counter play & options other than calling for a Nerf or saying unfair or exploit.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its a troll, not an exploit. On a small pop campaign it can be a problem without enough people to overwhelm them - but they can't stay in there forever - the scroll will reset over time or they will get bored of so few APs coming in and move on.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    the fire runes got you eh?
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or instead of entering the house just wait for them to come out or scroll reset? Problem solved.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • bigdavid11b16_ESO
    bigdavid11b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the AP. next time play harder. nice thread
    Edited by bigdavid11b16_ESO on January 15, 2020 2:51PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Not really an exploit, but is kind of a cheesy move and edge case ZOS might want to consider in future.

Just spam up on shields and buffs and zerg inside? If that doesn't work at least you'll create an awesome murder scene.

It doesn't really work, because it's a separate portion of the map your character has to load in.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to add: "While our faction was sitting outside the winery complaining, the ep 'reinforcements' took advantage of our fixation, took the ring and ended the campaign with an emp."
    And my goodness, it's like the ad at that hour have no idea what unstoppable potions are. Our volcanic ruins made easy work of you.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caesarvs wrote: »
    https://ibb.co/1mTmfnP

So,
    Around 10 EP players with Scroll hide inside this house (Thalara's Winery), waiting for reinforcements, and since the house is undestroyable and has a loading door attached to it, it was impossible to get inside and fight properly. They stayed on this for several minutes.
    I don't think its fair, since the house is fairly small inside, but once the EP gets out, has alot of free space to spread.
    So,
    I reported as much of their @ i could see, for exploit.

Make house destroyable or remove the door.

This has been in game since launch. Players use to do this far more often but it has slowed down to pretty much no one doing it today. Back when there were still doors on resource towers, players would sit on the bottom floor and would kill anyone that would enter. Unless you and a group of skilled players all hit immovable pots and in some cases dropped a negate on the door prior to entering, you would die before even taking a step.

This is not an exploit and you can just simply wait them out.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, they weren't waiting for reinforcements.

They were waiting for people to open the door and chase them into a terribly (dis)advantageous environment.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

It doesn't really work, because it's a separate portion of the map your character has to load in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH37_HaI7XI

It does work. It just takes an equally effective and organized group to be successful as the clip above demonstrates. You buff up, apply hots/shields and go in as a group.

On a properly configured PC client, there is barely any delay. Unfortunately, the average PC ESO player seems to cripple their clients with too many addons.

I think farms like that are weak, but they're not exploitative and can be defeated.
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    Fights like this should actually be encouraged. Maybe not to this degree, but the fact that in an elder scrolls game all groups ever do is grab the scroll and then cap it is boring.

Why not make scroll more like artifacts instead of sitting in keeps and temples collecting cobwebs?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stand outside and sing camp fire songs until the scroll resets then. At least everyone on the map will be heading to that location to fight.

Also send a small group out to take some keeps whilst their forces are reading the scroll in the house.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're telling me there was not one DK with magma armor?

Oh wait, let me guess that's the same faction with DKs that never talon or petrify. Ok...
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the bottomless pit in the Mountain in EP land, get chased by an EP blob. jump in and die, but many will follow you to get the scroll, lotsa laffs when they die.

The scroll resets but hey its a game isn't it?
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stand outside and sing camp fire songs until the scroll resets then. At least everyone on the map will be heading to that location to fight.

Also send a small group out to take some keeps whilst their forces are reading the scroll in the house.

I'm not sure which is worse, sitting there all bored waiting for someone to show up, or everyone shows up and lag goes mad and fps drops to 3fps :D