The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magden bomber

NoFlash
NoFlash
✭✭✭
has anyone been able to play magden as a bomber? if so, how?
Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've heard of the concept but haven't replicated it. i don't think that northern storm is exactly the right ultimate for it either.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 14, 2020 10:17AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried doing it with the old permafrost which stunned, it can work but its just too clunky and unreliable with only invis pots without cloak. Now everyone is much tankier and perma doesnt stun anymore so i dont think it would be great.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was experimenting solo to see if something like that could work too. As a solo bomber no, but I was thinking as part of a group.

Issues I ran up against:
    - heavy lag made cycling all your buffs difficult
    - I was trying to hit bugs and found I’d sometimes need to hit it 3-4 times before it’d take
    - Inevitable det wasn’t doing anything a lot (so prox would be required)

My conclusion was it’d work okay. Keep northern storm since it’s the best source of major protection for the group, use prox det and bugs. Might as well treat bugs as your spammable since it’s ‘buggy’.

You could replace the typical magblade role in those groups and bring a lot more to the table.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 14, 2020 1:24PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you’d have to use Eye of the Storm to maximize your ultimate damage output ... but admittedly I’ve never theorycrafted or tried it on a Warden.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you’d have to use Eye of the Storm to maximize your ultimate damage output ... but admittedly I’ve never theorycrafted or tried it on a Warden.

I haven’t actually tried it, but the damage on northern storm isn’t quite as high as Eye of the Storm, but it’s loaded with a lot more goodies. I tried warden healing and ugg, no idea why people like healing thicket. Two magwardens alternating northern storm in the same Ult build could probably come close to 100% major protection coverage. It might take 3, but countering harmony burst is the name of the game.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 15, 2020 3:48AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten