The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What does guild halls offer players?

DaTuneman
DaTuneman
I belong to a number of guilds mostly for selling and buying stuff. I've only been playing for a few months but don't quite get the guild hall thing. What's it's purpose?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what your guild wants it to be.

One of my guilds, with donations and a lot of teamwork, has installed every attunable crafting station in the game, dps dummies, mundas stones, transmute station, enchanting, alchemy, cooking stations, the merchant if you want to sell stuff, bankers for you to use in the guild hall..... In another guild hall we just had a "yard sale" for the crafters; a chance to put items they made out for guildies to look over and buy. A different guildhall is used for dueling....
  • DaTuneman
    DaTuneman
    What's a DPS dummy? An off topic question. A number of the guilds I belong to require Discord, is that something I need to download and install from Minion?
    Thanks for info.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discord is a good little program that lets you talk to others with discord in game if they go to the same channel. It is not a Minion add on. To get Discord, I'd google it, navigate to their site and download it from there. It is easy to use I find it worthwhile sometimes when running group content with my guild or friends. Oh, and your system needs a mic; I use a set of headphones that has a mic built in to the headset.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 14, 2020 8:37PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Halls are not really a thing in this game. The GM or some other officer will "donate" a house to the guild for its use. Typically there are a collection of Set Crafting stations and Target Dummies.

We need true Guild Halls in this game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DaTuneman
    DaTuneman
    No Micr guess I'll have to get one.

Thanks all
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the guild.

One of my guilds held a writ voucher raffle so they could buy ALL of the attainable crafting stations.
    When I decided I wanted to buy all the Housing Storage Chests, I bought 50+ master writs, headed to the guild house, and knocked them all out because they had those crafting stations easily accessible. Without that guild, I would have been porting from zone to zone trying to get the master writs done.

A training dummy is a housing furnishing that will measure your DPS. They come with different amounts of health in order to better reflect different levels of content. You kill the dummy and it tells you how much damage per second you did.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaTuneman wrote: »
    I belong to a number of guilds mostly for selling and buying stuff. I've only been playing for a few months but don't quite get the guild hall thing. What's it's purpose?

Well that depends on the guild.

However in general, most good guilds will have an appointed guild house, in this house people will find as many useful crafting stations as the guild can access, transmute stations, dps target dummies to practice on, sevices like the fence etc.

So for instance rather than mess around travelling to the Clockwork city, I travel to one of my guild houses that has a Transmute station, to do my transmuting. It takes significantly less time in total to get the transmuting done. (until I purchase my own transmute station!).
  • BansheeVT
    BansheeVT
    ✭✭✭
    Like other players mentioned already it depends on the guild and there's no real guild hall. It's just one or several houses of one or several players that they have given the guild members access to. In my guild the guild hall is my primary residence and it includes all crafting stations, dummies, transmute station, banker, merchant, other stations and hopefully soon also all mundus stones. Just an extra service for guild members. Gathering enough attunables to offer all crafting stations is quite expensive but makes it a lot easier for people to craft sets or do master writs. Dummies for DPS testing, especially useful if the guild is also doing trials so members can try to improve their DPS there and again, dummies can be expensive so not every player has them.

Guild halls can also be used to meet up with other guild members. Socializing, auctions, games like hide and seek, roleplaying, whatever you want to do.
    @BansheeVT - GM of 'Valinor Traders'.

Valinor Trading Union:
    Valinor Traders: Vivec, 500k sales, <500k sales = 25k fee, <250k sales = kick
    Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 150k min sales OR 15k donation
    Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales OR 10k donation
    Valinor Vendors: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 8k donation
    Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BansheeVT wrote: »

Guild halls can also be used to meet up with other guild members. Socializing, auctions, games like hide and seek, roleplaying, whatever you want to do.

Absolutely. One of my guilds has that arena house as the guildhouse. It is used to hold dueling tournaments. Its great fun, literally two "gladiators" in the arena fighting with an actual audience gathered to watch.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks all

Do you have a smart phone? If so you've got 2 free options:

1) Download the Discord app and use your phone to talk when you need to. It's free, cross-compatible with the PC version (you can talk to people who are using the PC version, and if you use both versions everything will be saved between devices) and since the phone has a built in microphone there's no need to buy one.

2) See if you still have the headphones that came with the phone, they probably have a microphone attached. They're not the best quality but fine for talking. (I think everyone I work with uses those for Skype meetings.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DaTuneman
    DaTuneman
    Danikat wrote: »

Thanks all

Do you have a smart phone? If so you've got 2 free options:

1) Download the Discord app and use your phone to talk when you need to. It's free, cross-compatible with the PC version (you can talk to people who are using the PC version, and if you use both versions everything will be saved between devices) and since the phone has a built in microphone there's no need to buy one.

2) See if you still have the headphones that came with the phone, they probably have a microphone attached. They're not the best quality but fine for talking. (I think everyone I work with uses those for Skype meetings.)

Thanks, turns out my son had a spare one.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off there is no such thing as a guild hall. It is an individual players home where they grant access to the guild and call it a guild home.

Beyond that it is whatever they make it to be. Crafting stations, DPS dummies, whatever.