Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for a recommendation for a well lit house

Grey17
Grey17
✭✭✭
Can anyone recommended a well lit house that I could purchase that I could plonk a dye station inside?

Every dye station location I have found is either inside with poor candle lighting or outside exposed to the elements and/or under shadow.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amaya Lake Lodge has some smaller side rooms that don't have too much space to light nicely with various lamps, and the sunlight that comes in through the bedroom windows during the day is really nice.

If you can get hold of Varla and Culanda stones (they are in the Luxury Vendor's rotation), putting one of each together and then embedding the two well into the ceiling provides very bright white light that illuminates a large area. I've put that setup in my Hunding's Palatial Hall upstairs with my outfit station and it's REALLY well lit. In fact I'm about to move the lights up a bit higher. I have not experimented with other sets of blue and yellow light but generally if you have a blue version of something, like some of the daedric braziers, and then a yellow version like a regular fire one, and you put them right on top of each other, the combined blue and yellow lights make white light.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minyassa
    Thank you so much on Varla + Culanda info. I tried Magna Geode - excellently bright, but very yellow. Now I will try to create a white light
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember these being really bright too https://eso-housing.com/furniture/daedric-candles-ritual-set but I can't remember if there's a slight blueness to the white light.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 13, 2020 10:43AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those are really nice. Maybe a Nedic Orb, Ritual might work with that one, or a Light of Meridia? I would like if you'd update this thread with what you find. :)

I forgot to mention the glowstalks--the Coldharbour ones and the Vvardenfell ones are the same exact models and will fit seamlessly over one another and they also combine to make white light.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/clockwork-illuminator-solitary-capsule/ is the best neutral bright light I've found. Good luck with your outfitting!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really, any of the houses can be light enough if you light them well, but the one that is the lightest without any additional lighting is probably the Alinor Townhouse.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would also suggest going with regular (uncoloured) lighting, set at a variety of different heights and at regular intervals, personally.

Like, for example, a Redguard Chandelier, or two (if it's a larger room), wall sconces and perhaps a floor lamp, or two.

Rather than trying to combine yellow and blue lights, which gives a very artificial, insipid light, in my opinion.

The regular lighting, positioned well and used in sufficient quantity, is far more natural.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 14, 2020 12:38AM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk of any houses that are extraordinarily well lit but, I live by the Small Psijic Water Globes, the light has a blueish hue to it but the Light Radius is unmatched by any other Light Fixtures I've seen thus far. You can get a Recipe to Craft them from the Arteum Vendor standing near the Wayshrine after completing a series of Psijic Quests. If you have Summerset Chapter, that is.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light up one of your inn rooms and put the station in there.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light up one of your inn rooms and put the station in there.
  • Grey17
    Grey17
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for everyone's replies...Gives me lots of options :)