The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hunding‘s B,B&B - picture tour

Nefelynx
Nefelynx
✭✭✭
(picture heavy)

Hello everyone. :)

As a long time lurker on the housing forums and after much inspiration gathered from the amazing housing community (thank you all, stay awesome! :) ),
I finally found some time to share my first finished house:

Hunding‘s Business, Baths and Booze
(Hunding‘s Palatial Hall)

It only took me a little over a year to complete. Yay.
(How do some of you manage to come up with those incredible builds of yours within weeks or days..?? Seriously, what the... how??)
Anyway, this was the very first house I purchased and tried to fully furnish. Well, except for the free inn room at the Rosy Lion...
but gone are the days, when my main would feel content with a rough bedroll, a bunch of rocks, a randomly found painting, a candle and a fern
- to sleep off a hefty bounty.

While pictures are loading,
a little summary of the home:

Hunding’s B,B&B is my main‘s (a solo adventuring, adorably intoxicated little Redguard NB, always accompanied by her pet lynx) primary residence
- equipped with all the basic crafting stations, mostly used to craft furniture - but also offers my tired adventurer a place to wind down, relax and simply feel at home.
Besides the crafting stations, Hunding’s B,B&B features a study, an office, a cozy foyer to mix and mingle, a caribbean style kitchen, a bar, the master bedroom with an open en suite and a balcony with stairs leading up to the rooftop lounge, as well as several outdoor sitting areas with lovely ocean views, a freshwater pool and a relaxing spot at the beach.
If a friend or visitor might not feel too comfortable riding home after one too many drinks at the well stocked bar, they are most welcome to sleep it off in the guest tower, which also features a private bathroom on top.

And without further ado, let me take you on a tour around the house:

Welcome, friend! :)

View of the house at the entrance.
1KBdcos.jpg

Let me show you around...
Here we have the path leading to the back of the house.
h2EEINj.jpg

Following that path left of the house, passing the stables, you‘ll find this small, solitary outdoor sitting area to enjoy the ocean view,
read a book or to star gaze at night.
WZzn5Ue.jpg

A little further, a slightly more sheltered, social outdoor sitting area:
LuikzaQ.jpg
This is a place for song, stories or simply listening to the fire crackling and the sound of distant waves, until early morning hours.
(This house is currently at 599/600 - with the last slot reserved for a guitar or lute to place there.. ZOOOS... we need those musical Instruments and bards... soon. It‘s been years now.)

Aaaaand... here we are: The Guest Tower.
A08Q8FW.jpg
Inside, you’ll find a comfy bed, a dresser to store your personal belongings and valuables - and a little couch & coffee table to the right (not in picture).

The top of the tower features the private guest bathroom -
for you to enjoy a nice steaming hot bath along with a glass of wine while watching the ships come and go.
Q8C4J45.jpg
I hope you packed your swimmers?

The beach area is providing some shade to doze off after a swim in the clear ocean, a cold ale and some fresh fruit. Enjoy.
OUOwNsb.jpg
Do not swim out too far though, as slaughterfish have been rumored to roam those waters..
and please use the ashtray provided, leaving the sands as clean as you have found them. Thank you in advance.

On to the freshwater pool...
offrjoL.jpg
As the ocean might not provide the much anticipated refreshment due to Stros M‘Kai‘s all year round hot climate - and therefore fairly warm water temperatures - the freshwater pool will satisfy your need of a dip into crispy clear, cool water.
Also, a great spot for smooching. (don‘t worry, guys,.. the water IS cold enough to save you from any potential embarrassment upon leaving the pool.)

*clears throat*

Let’s head back to the entrance, entering the courtyard.
ApIVbTz.jpg
Here, the basic smithing (left), woodworking and clothing (right) crafting stations are located.

After entering the main building, you‘ll find a small entré (not in picture, couldn’t get a proper angle)
to kick off yours boots and step further into the foyer, from which you can enter either the business (turn right) or pleasure (turn left) wing of the Hall.
5KiUEaq.jpg
Or just sit there, awkwardly, staring at that creepy cat.

Business before pleasure. Let‘s head right first and enter the lobby.
PbZSTOa.jpg
If you feel the need to take care of some private business first, you will find a humble restroom unter the stairs, behind the screen.
You won‘t miss the flush buttons. They‘re huge.
sB73yxd.jpg
Please wash your hands after. Thank you.
(sink is not in the picture, but there is one, of course.)

Heading down the lobby, you‘ll enter the alchemy room..
lQpf1og.jpg
Those cacti are behind glass for a reason. And not because they sting. Trust me. Unless, you too are interested in...
maybe we‘ll talk about that later. That carpet‘s pattern is far out.
Anyway, here‘s the spot to do some research, if needed.
JnFOu0p.jpg

Continuing upstairs.
You may have a seat while I‘m quickly going through some paper work..
And yet another far-out rug.
JXjiXIl.jpg
Behind that screen, the jewelry and enchanting stations are located.
I can trust you with not touching anything delicate and unfinished, I hope?

The office, that makes me feel like a japanese mafia boss.
wG23peS.jpg
If you wish to discuss business in a more relaxed surrounding, let me grab us a drink from the globe bar
(I’ve always wanted one of those.. do you prefer whiskey or rum?)
- and head outside..
tR1948g.jpg

Well, cheers to that view!
Fancy a refill?

On to pleasure then!
Heading back down, through the foyer, you‘ll enter the dining area with a small kitchen.
PCfDKlJ.jpg
Here you’ll also find the provisioning station. Some kabobs are about to be ready, if you‘d like some?
I could eat.

I see your empty glass and I raise you the...
Tres Peces Bar!
k0nf66f.jpg
Come on in!
BNjBZqC.jpg
There‘s beer on tap, a nice selection of vintage wines...
or are you interested to try some of the top shelve rarities of well aged whiskeys and rums?
Oh yeah. No worries. There‘s plenty more in the fridge.

Up for a round of Foxes & Felines?
BtbYsau.jpg

You‘ve briefly mentioned, you used to enjoy some skooma after a long day of adventuring before, if I remember correctly?

Well, let‘s head upstairs..
rj3uMoV.jpg
Passing the private master bedroom with it‘s open en suite (meet my lynx),..
gLkICVn.jpg
...we head out on the balcony and up the stairs...

...to the open rooftop terrace, where you can train - or let off some steam - with my trusted Dro-m‘Athra...
(He‘s happy to get us more food or drinks too, if needed... right? *Dro-m‘Athra, idling* ... I take that as a yes.)
bYLEUx1.jpg

...Or... just follow me to the private skooma rooftop lounge, and we‘ll have a smoke, some more wine - or whatever your preferred beverage might be -
and chat away about our adventures and the eight divines.
rmcJMpk.jpg

Whenever you start to feel tired, just jump down (don’t worry, the fall won‘t kill you...much), stumble into the guest tower, fall asleep in clean, fresh bedding along with the ocean breeze and the sound of distant waves - and I‘ll see you in the morning?
I‘ll shake up a Bloody Meridia, that will instantly cure your hangover.

I‘ll stay up here a while longer.

Well met, my friend.

This home is currently set to my primary, open to all members of the Better Homes and Gardens guild on PS4/EU.
Feel free to visit at any time! :)
[Nefelidae]
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Truly inspiring! Wonderful job!

You seem like a housing enthusiast and I would like to extend to you a personal invitation to the ESO Housing Network. We aren't attached to a guild and are world wide, seeking members with your enthusiasm! Follow the discord link for an invite: https://discord.gg/AK6J4XA

Again. Truly fantastic I hope to visit it in person!
    Edited by static_recharge on January 13, 2020 10:02AM
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing, i definatly could see myself anjoying hanging out in a place like that.

ive been thinking of getting the Hunding‘s Palatial Hall for my next project and that definatly has inspired me.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job. I really love the use of greenery inside the house. You didn't go overboard with it and what you did use was very effective and created a very inviting feel.
    Would love to see what you did for access to the roof but I'm not on Play Station. I'm always looking for new ways to access that roof. I'd love if ZOS had put in a ladder and trap door loader like you used to have in Skyrim. It would be a great way of getting to the roof without shaky looking planks :smiley:
    Anyway, I love the design, thanks for sharing
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    What a beautiful home! I feel like I could move right in and be very happy there. I especially love the outdoor canopy and sectional!
  • Nefelynx
    Nefelynx
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your kind replies! :)

static_recharge
    Thank you, I feel honored! I don‘t have Discord yet, but now another reason to finally register..

Zypheran
    Thank you so much!
    About the rooftop access:
    Pretty much straight after purchasing that home, I crafted plenty of those simple „Rough Platform, Stage“ to spiral up to the roof.. (I wish we could deconstruct crafted furniture, would really like some of that heartwood back), ...but as soon as Summerset came out, changed them to a bunch of the „Limestone Stairway, Natural“ and a „Limestone Shelf, Large“, from the Alinor Home Goods Furnisher.
    This is what it looks like now: (access from the balcony > view from path underneath > limestone shelf access on top)
    vEGo2Na.jpg
    Hope that helps :)

..And I absolutely agree on the need for more space- and slot-saving (vertical) access options! Ladders, spiral staircases, placeable trap doors - yes please!
    It would also be great, (pardon me, I’m dreaming for a moment..) if they would give us the option to link a few houses like that.. like,.. let‘s say, we place a trap door at the ceiling of one house - and by accessing, it would load us into another owned home of our choice - that could be furnished as an attic or/and storage (to one of the inn rooms maybe, ..just as an example)... and this would allow us also to share more that just our currently set primary home on console as well, at least (...I envy PC players mostly for EHT...).