The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

IDEA: Crafter Personality

baratron
baratron
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like a personality which I could put on my crafting characters. The idles could be making items, e.g. carving a toy or statuette out of wood, twirling a hammer (like how the Assassin and Thief twirl daggers), sewing a shirt - or even knitting!

Just something to give them a bit of personality as they stand around in Vivec City waiting for people to finish telling me what they want crafted ;).
Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ❤ this idea op 🖒🖒🖒
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for awesomeness :smile:

So good, and so obvious, why did I not get that idea?

I hope they will make it soon.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, sounds great. It would go well with various crafter outfits. Also cook personality would be nice. And alchemist too.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idle animation where you shake a mudcrab hoping for some chitin or wax, but it just drops out a cuirass or shield that's like three times its size.

Or maybe that should be a separate Hapless Harvester personality...
    signing off
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    I'd like a personality which I could put on my crafting characters. The idles could be making items, e.g. carving a toy or statuette out of wood, twirling a hammer (like how the Assassin and Thief twirl daggers), sewing a shirt - or even knitting!
    That sounds like an awesome idea!
    I would love to see some more "non-combat" personalities... (I would consider "Scholar" one, and its one of my favorites!)

A woodcarver personality that whittles small figurines on occasion (and may at random times cut a tumb and go "ouch!"), a clothier personality that knits scarves (goes well with aged women characters), a blacksmith playing with his hammer... (uhm... is it just me or does last one that sound a little dirty? :p;) ) Anyhow, also jeweler personality that examines and evaluates some uncut gems, a provisioner personality licking a spoon that goes with the costume, a alchemist personality that mixes some reagents (occasional explosions included), a enchanter personality imbuing runes into random items now and then...

Maybe also some "gatherer" personalities. Like... hunter personality that checks for tracks, fisherman personality baiting his line, farmer personality or herbalist persomnality... a miner personality shouldering a paickaxe (no singing tho!), etc.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea! Even better if its earnable like the title and hammer.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. And please, make this personality "craftable" :D:joy:
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh, what a fantastic idea! I want it now! Devs, get on this, please!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. And please, make this personality "craftable" :D:joy:
    I'd say, it would make a -great- reward for achievementness!

If they -ever- make an account wide achievement overview... I'd want those personalities to become rewards for getting all crafting achievement in one craft acrtoss multiple characters!