Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Quick question about the bolster system

Chiefwilliams
Chiefwilliams
✭✭✭
So I've read that people are seeing their lvl 30 to 49 and their stats drop from what they are in pve to what it goes to in pvp.

So my question is, does that still happen for lvl 50? Are people seeing their armor rating etc go down to match other players or does it transfer your armor and stats as it is in pve to pvp once you hit 50. I'm hoping it doesn't drop your stats as a 50 because that's an achievement that shouldn't be made trivialized by the bolster effect. IMO at least
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would hope not, I got the impression everyone is bolstered TO 50, not some weird 'pvp only' level. 50s should be unaffected, but I can't confirm that as I'm not there yet.
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    Don't know for sure, I'm not 50 yet, only 24. However, I have noticed lvl 50 and vets are a lot harder to hurt, I'd say its safe to assume that at lvl 50 your own stats are used instead of the bolster.

I figured that the bolsters, just bumps lower levels up to a lvl 50 entry level. This would explain why the 50s I shoot at are much harder to hurt than a pre-50, as the lvl 50s have above entry lvl stats.