The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Full 4 man team with healer vs 3 man PUG vs 2 man PUG. What could go wrong?

Langeston
Langeston
✭✭✭✭✭
This isn't much better than an infinite loading screen, ZOS.

[Edit] I don't know if they were premade or PUG, all I know is that all 4 popped in at the same time while the other 2 teams filtered in & never filled up.

The only reason we really got any kills was that they got cocky after a while & started taunting us once it became clear that we weren't much of a threat.

In any case, my point was that this matchup never should have occurred, even if all 3 teams were PUGs. This garbage happens all the time.
5Ds3njm.jpg
Edited by Langeston on December 29, 2019 2:57PM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold on. Are you telling me full team with a healer managed to die 11 times vs barely 5 enemies on both other teams? Disgraceful performance on their part.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, either that was a really garbage pre-made or just some above average solo players who got lucky to get a full team and a healer. Proper pre-mades go 20 in 1, not 9 in 6.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that Chaosball?
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every bg match is now a chaosball. One group is balling up on other 2 and there is chaos all around.
    Edited by MusCanus on December 30, 2019 2:46AM
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Server?

I've been noticing more chaosball lately as well, though it could be rng.

I still haven't seen a single bg where all teams have 4 players since the latest patch. Each time I'm praying that I'll have 4 on my team.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    azjuwelz wrote: »
    Server?

I've been noticing more chaosball lately as well, though it could be rng.

I still haven't seen a single bg where all teams have 4 players since the latest patch. Each time I'm praying that I'll have 4 on my team.

NA. And this was deathmatch.

I played in 3 BGs in a row yesterday where I only had one other teammate, vs 2 full teams. I'm tired of all the bugs in this game.
    Edited by Langeston on January 14, 2020 5:13AM
  • Toon_Raider
    Toon_Raider
    ✭✭✭
    I Had a death match and we were only 2 vs 4 for the other teams.

I thought it was going to be a slaughter for us.

We started of bad and after 5 min we had 0 and one team had 200.

Then we started getting kills and finished up winning even with 10 deaths each.

Not sure if the other teams were bad or we were just awesome.

We both scored over 6k points each.

Was very surprised but happy.

Did it on a new Stamplar that just reached VET and i ran my PVE gear and skills.
    just wanted to do the daily to level some skills.
    Can't remember what class the other guy was but it was magic.
    Edited by Toon_Raider on December 31, 2019 6:48PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can win 2v4v4s but only with a good comp of 2.

Did it with myself and a good magsorc as a MagTemplar.

Had another game on my MagWarden with a good stamsorc and we did okayish but lost.

If the other person you’re with is really good and you figure out a way to complement each other it can work but it’s hard.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 31, 2019 1:43PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Had another game on my MagWarden with a good stamsorc and we did okayish but lost.

If the other person you’re with is really good and you figure out a way to complement each other it can work but it’s hard.

Or you can just have 8 complete potatoes against you and win by yourself. I remember that one match where I was pretty sure I could make it alone. Got my ass handed to me multiple times in the next one. Matchmaking is like that nowadays.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even with a good comp, alt char with decent random can be enough.

• Idontexist
    Idontexist
    ✭✭
    Premades ruin ever single battleground style game that exists... pretty gross, give us solo only queues ffs.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »

Or you can just have 8 complete potatoes against you and win by yourself. I remember that one match where I was pretty sure I could make it alone. Got my ass handed to me multiple times in the next one. Matchmaking is like that nowadays.

I actually did do this one time. I was on my mag gankblade by myself against 2 full teams, & they were almost all NBs too. So I was cloaking around ganking them while they fought each other, lol. I had something like 27 kills & 1 death.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I just meant against good opponents. Against all new players anything’s possible.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I just meant against good opponents. Against all new players anything’s possible.

Oh I know, I didn't feel a great sense of accomplishment or anything, I just thought it was a funny anecdote. I laughed out loud at the end of the match when I saw the scoreboard. 4v4v1 & the 1 won.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makes a change from 2 4x Pre-mades Win Trading I suppose.
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

[Edit] I don't know if they were premade or PUG, all I know is that all 4 popped in at the same time while the other 2 teams filtered in & never filled up.

The only reason we really got any kills was that they got cocky after a while & started taunting us once it became clear that we weren't much of a threat.

In any case, my point was that this matchup never should have occurred, even if all 3 teams were PUGs. This garbage happens all the time.
    5Ds3njm.jpg

This *** happens ALL THE DAMN TIME!! You get full stack pre mades against solo qs and they *** on people because theyre in comms and coordinating ults on a player who is on a team of headless chickens. not to mention the fact that the que system is *** broken and often will just disconnect you or another player on your team who was loading in and the team than remains at 3 or 2 players all game... its garbage.
    Ad Victoriam!
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We were outnumbered and ended up doing really well on this one. I quite like the challenge, not when you are a two man versus premades mind you 😭
    Edited by relentless_turnip on January 6, 2020 10:06PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »

5Ds3njm.jpg

This *** happens ALL THE DAMN TIME!! You get full stack pre mades against solo qs and they *** on people because theyre in comms and coordinating ults on a player who is on a team of headless chickens. not to mention the fact that the que system is *** broken and often will just disconnect you or another player on your team who was loading in and the team than remains at 3 or 2 players all game... its garbage.

There are some but not a lot of premades. What’s actually happening is people who know how to pvp are sticking together. A lot of players just run off and do dumb things so think they’re fighting a premade, but really it’s that they’re too inexperienced and can’t read the flow of pvp.

This is especially true of stam players. A lot haven’t learned a thing and their only tactic is to charge - die - charge - die and then wonder why they keep losing.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 8, 2020 6:34PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Amksed1991
    Amksed1991
    ✭✭✭
    I Had a death match and we were only 2 vs 4 for the other teams.

I thought it was going to be a slaughter for us.

We started of bad and after 5 min we had 0 and one team had 200.

Then we started getting kills and finished up winning even with 10 deaths each.

Not sure if the other teams were bad or we were just awesome.

We both scored over 6k points each.

Was very surprised but happy.

Did it on a new Stamplar that just reached VET and i ran my PVE gear and skills.
    just wanted to do the daily to level some skills.
    Can't remember what class the other guy was but it was magic.

That might have been me.

I was on a Magplar.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand what OP is upset about. Was it that two groups never filled and has to face a full group of 4 or is OP assuming they had to face a premade and are complaining about that?

If it was the grouping, Zos needs to fix back filling groups as it is a major issue that happens all to often. If the complaint is guessing they faced pugs, not all pug groups run around like they are playing solo matches. Not to mention a full group against a half full group clearly as advantages.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like one guy carring a whole squad, i doubt this was a premade.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I do not understand what OP is upset about. Was it that two groups never filled and has to face a full group of 4 or is OP assuming they had to face a premade and are complaining about that?

If it was the grouping, Zos needs to fix back filling groups as it is a major issue that happens all to often. If the complaint is guessing they faced pugs, not all pug groups run around like they are playing solo matches. Not to mention a full group against a half full group clearly as advantages.

We went from broken queues with infinite loading screens to matches starting where the group makeup is frequently something along the lines of 4 v 2 v 1, and they never fill up. I said that the latter is no better than the former. I'm not sure what you find so difficult to understand about that.

Personally, I don't think you should even get pulled into a BG unless there is at least 3 people to a team.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We went from broken queues with infinite loading screens to matches starting where the group makeup is frequently something along the lines of 4 v 2 v 1, and they never fill up. I said that the latter is no better than the former. I'm not sure what you find so difficult to understand about that.

Personally, I don't think you should even get pulled into a BG unless there is at least 3 people to a team.

Have you read the thread or even your own edited OP. You make it clear as mud by mentioning premades which is something many players complain about because they lost. So Duh.

But over all, yea, BGs are screwed in many ways. And as I said, when they do happen Zos' system does not seem to even try to backfill groups.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you read the thread or even your own edited OP. You make it clear as mud by mentioning premades which is something many players complain about because they lost. So Duh.

But over all, yea, BGs are screwed in many ways. And as I said, when they do happen Zos' system does not seem to even try to backfill groups.
    Good God man, this isn't difficult.
    The initial post was a complaint about a full 4 man group vs 2 partial groups. My edit was in response to other posters saying that it likely wasn't a "premade" — I said I don't know if it was or not. In any case, whether they were a premade or not was irrelevant to my point. If that's "clear as mud" to you, it says more about you than it does me.

[edit] You know for someone as condescending as you always are, one would think you wouldn't get so easily confused.
    Edited by Langeston on January 13, 2020 4:53PM