The issues related to Steam players logging in to the European PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 6:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 6

In your opinion, are any motifs worth paying Crowns for?

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
Basic motifs, clearly not, inexpensive price in gold and often can find for free.

Motifs from regional dailies, I think not, considering that it only takes patience/persistence to earn them and maybe several thousand gold to finish, certainly not worth 5k Crowns in my opinion.

Now those that drop from DLC dungeons I occasionally do on vet or rare drops from trials, I’m not sure.

Specifically, I am interested in the Sunspire motif. I haven’t looked up every price on TTC to figure out approximately the cost in gold versus crowns.

I know relative value is subjective but I would appreciate hearing others’ opinions on this. I need to deliberate before making large purchases! :sweat_smile:
Edited by Araneae6537 on January 12, 2020 5:37PM

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the most annoying ones to farm see their price drop dramatically once they get included in the Anniversary Event's drop table. I'm willing to be patient.
    Accepted Answer
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    I farmed Buoyant Armiger pages the normal way, it was slow and I left many chests full of junk (#noregerts).

Sounds like you didn't know you mainly hurt yourself more than other players, @Froil ... ?

There are only a finite number of chests that can spawn in each zone at any given time. If you leave chests unlooted then new ones can't spawn ... which increases the time on your chest circuit through Vvardenfell.

At least that kind of overland motif grind doesn't exist in newer zones. So, you can't make the same mistake twice.

"No regrets" is indeed an apt expression.
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Dro-r'Aahni Bright-Paws - Magicka Necromancer (Khajiit) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Azhnakha gra-Shugarz - Stamina Necromancer (Orc) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally farmed through the entire zone and I knew every single overland chest spawn, they were very very frequently there whenever I got to them and no I didn't suffer from me leaving behind trash.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
    My characters
    Khajiits
    Ta'asi -- Stamina Templar
    Ta'jahla -- Stamina Sorceress

Bretons
    Ysrett -- Healer Templar
    Cheyren -- Healer Warden
    Alleyo -- Healer Nightblade
    Myreszs -- Healer Sorcerer
    Jyvekk -- Healer Dragonknight

Imperials
    Falio -- Tank Sorcerer
    Theophanaea -- Tank Necromancer
    Calrys -- Tank Warden
    Velvano -- Tank Nightblade

Argonian
    Visthaltsei -- Healer Necromancer
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I believe Grim Harlequin is Crown Store only, so there's that, if/when it's on sale and you like it.

Do you really need a whole motif? The chest piece makes the most difference to your look. I bought Sunspire Chests with in-game gold and left it at that.

Didn't Welkynar already drop in some event? I'd be weary, because as soon as an older motif drops in an event, prices plummet.

That’s a good point — I most want the Sunspire chest and legs. The whole motif would be progress toward the Master Crafter achievement, but surely there are less expensive motifs I have yet to complete!

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts! :blush: I think I will buy the pages I want with gold after all. :)
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were in a rush to know Honor guard or refabricated, I would be looking at crown store options. The latest 3 dlc dungeon motifsv(meridian, coldsnap, and Moongrave) are also quite expensive and right now I'm only buying pages occasionally.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Trading gold for motif gifts is definitely worth it imo. I wouldn't spend crowns I had purchased with $$ on them though.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    I literally farmed through the entire zone and I knew every single overland chest spawn, they were very very frequently there whenever I got to them and no I didn't suffer from me leaving behind trash.

Are you sure that's your final answer??

I just did a quick 10-minute chest run in Vvardenfell ... and found three chest spawn points that looked like the screenshot below.

How many farming hours did you think you added to yourself by leaving chests behind?

Bottom line: Before you attempt to scam other players make sure you're not scamming yourself first. ;)

uU0E0VE.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 14, 2020 1:06AM
    "May you walk on warm sands."
    "First, I would ask that you look to the poor and the suffering around Cyrodiil. Look into their hearts, and then look into your own."
    "May Auri-El's light guide you in your darkest hours."

North American (NA) PC Megaserver (click to view):
    Vilerihala - Magicka Templar (Altmer ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Màisalihna - Stamina Dragonknight (Bosmer) ~ Áhliaselia - Stamina Templar (Bosmer) ~ Thraccenia Vendicci - Stamina Sorcerer (Imperial) ~ daa'Vaaliánia - Magicka Warden (Dunmer) ~ Wenayastare - Magicka Dragonknight (Altmer) ~ Aráliavina - Stamina Nightblade (Bosmer) ~ Ysyna Rielle - Magicka Warden (Breton) ~ Dro-r'Aahni Bright-Paws - Magicka Necromancer (Khajiit) ~ Rhusannah - Stamina Nightblade (Redguard) ~ Eirellonye - Magicka Nightblade (Altmer) ~ Lae'Suuriávia - Stamina Warden (Bosmer) ~ Dralora Savani - Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer) ~ Billows-With-Incense - Magicka Warden (Argonian ~ Dedicated Healer) ~ Anísa'Vardaia - Health Dragonknight (Imperial) ~ Azhnakha gra-Shugarz - Stamina Necromancer (Orc) ~ Vilinalara - Magicka Sorcerer (Altmer ~ Grand Master Crafter)