The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Low Population Bonus (LPB) - DC NA fighting for 2nd place, ZOS LPB decides to give AD 272 ppt ...

Dyngrin
Dyngrin
✭✭✭
... And AD has 3 bubbles for population! Yeah that's great, many of us in the faction fighting for nearly 26 days just for ZOS's horrible LPB design to decide the second place outcome. Of course, off hours population, especially now with the poorly thought out hammer, decides first place.

--Dyn
Grand Overlord Dyngrin, Templar, Daggerfall Covenant (PC/NA)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe because 2 bar AD is constantly being gated by a locked DC population around 2-5pm EST
    hmmmm
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dyngrin wrote: »
    ... And AD has 3 bubbles for population! Yeah that's great, many of us in the faction fighting for nearly 26 days just for ZOS's horrible LPB design to decide the second place outcome. Of course, off hours population, especially now with the poorly thought out hammer, decides first place.

--Dyn

Have you got any data of the previous hours? Maybe they were low pop long enough to get the bonus? That is how it has always worked.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they continue to refuse to revamp the scoring system to a more elaborate system I wish they would at least look at revamping what they have. I think it would help if it was real time and about 50% as strong as it is now for a 1 bar disadvantage, 75% strength for a 2 bar and 100% for a 3 bar or more. I think it is so strong because of the time it takes to kick in, when it should get stronger or weaker depending on how much of a disadvantage there is.

I also think they need to make a scoring penalty for high population of inverse proportion. One of the biggest problems with the low pop bonus is that if 2 factions are constantly the same no one gets it while the faction with the higher population clearly has an advantage. The percentages may be a bit off, and need tweaking, but if they at least took a look at it this way, high pop and low pop in real time it could help what happens to the score during non peak hours. It would be a step in the right direction. It also would remove that feeling of "They have more pop than us why are they getting the bonus?"
    Edited by Ranger209 on January 11, 2020 2:55PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO and @Minnesinger very well said.
    and interesting idea @Ranger209 .

The bonus isn’t going to dc as it almost always seemed to in many of the previous years... yet I don’t recall hearing complaints then..

what I do recall is seeing them with the bonus while sitting at equivalent bars for many of those low pop hours... so, it’s good to know that it’s actually calculated the same for other factions...regardless of how it’s done, at least it’s consistent
    Edited by Delphinia on January 13, 2020 1:24PM
  • forthwinds
    forthwinds
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if DC didn’t faction stack while pop locked on off hours with the well known embedded streamer glitching hammer, AD wouldn’t end up with low pop bonus.

If anything, low pop/score bonus should be active a lot more in cyrodiil to help alleviate the imbalances.
    Dawnbringer ✦ Godslayer ✦ Tick Tock Tormentor x3 ✦ Immortal Redeemer x2 ✦ Gryphon Heart x5 ✦ The Unchained x2 ✦ Emperor x6 ✦ Grand Overlord
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, zergs 24/7, gates AD, complains about low pop bonus.

enjoy last place again, you earned it.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s odd how EP has been getting out to such a lead. They don’t Night cap. I play those hours mostly and it’s usually 3 or 4 people who can actually brawl, a bunch of bunglers, a lot of people looking for group, and the usual suspects arguing over stuff that’s REALLY stupid in zone lol.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe don't pick on 2-bar pop factions whilst you're poplocked if you don't want them having a lowpop bonus. Especially don't gate them and take every single thing thye have. EP exists as an enemy faction in Cyrodiil, too, just not AD.

Seems you guys forgot about that, though. Say thanks to Homicide Inc for last place.. you guys on DC definitely earned it for being stupid.
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s odd how EP has been getting out to such a lead. They don’t Night cap. I play those hours mostly and it’s usually 3 or 4 people who can actually brawl, a bunch of bunglers, a lot of people looking for group, and the usual suspects arguing over stuff that’s REALLY stupid in zone lol.

DC does not push EP

you can actually watch feng's recent videos and he always takes DC south, yesterday he just followed EP's push, they actually didn't get anything out of it but they were there none the less.

couple days before that they were south again trying to gate AD while EP was just casually trying to emp behind them and taking DC tri keeps, it was not until roe was the last keep and DC might actually lose it that he turned around. . .

. . .however he IMMEDITALY turned around from defending roe or pushing EP back when AD actually went to take fare back.

I think the furthest I have seen DC actually push EP is to bleakers gate, they kind of brawl there until AD draws attention at sej or something, and EP goes to defend south and DC goes to try and gate AD while they are fighting EP.

DC through some kind of rage against AD has given EP free reign over the campaign, and thanks to low pop bonus is still in third place behind AD because when numbers are equal AD is more then capable.

enjoy last place, you earned it.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC nightcaps on PC EU NO CP every night with a hoard of 30-50 ppl, and AD still won. You need to try harder.

I do however think the low pop bonus is complete garbage. Based on average amount instead of actual population. We need to REDUCE the amount of points awarded based on population, not increase.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sure a hammer is what decides first place that's why Fengrush zergs with a faction lock with it from noon to whenever the other factions have more than 2 bars right? Maybe if your faction focused on anything other than following your precious streamers and actually coordinated you wouldn't be below the lowest population faction as the highest population faction.

Sincerely, the guy leading every faction above last place. ;)
    Edited by Carespanker on January 12, 2020 5:35PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC does push EP, but they push for AD scrolls first, assuming AD to be the weaker target. If time is left over, then DC pushes EP scrolls. EP has started to focus better at that time to hold on to a territory cushion while most of DC is down south to preserve scrolls until the prime time population logs in.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC WEAK !
    DC LOUSY !
    DC DESERVE LAST !
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    DC nightcaps on PC EU NO CP every night with a hoard of 30-50 ppl, and AD still won. You need to try harder.

I do however think the low pop bonus is complete garbage. Based on average amount instead of actual population. We need to REDUCE the amount of points awarded based on population, not increase.

AD morningcapped every day + all scrolls.

PS. I play AD
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    TheFM wrote: »

AD morningcapped every day + all scrolls.

PS. I play AD

You mean playing during the day? Shocking concept.
  • Dyngrin
    Dyngrin
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least a few replies acknowledged the LPB is a poor design. With the current design, it should at least only be given when a faction's population is actually lower (based on instant pop not average pop) and given/removed frequently, otherwise you get ridiculously high bonuses for a pop that is not actually the lowest pop at the time.

What is really needed though is a true Population Handicap which 'penalizes' the highest pop faction by reducing their PPT based on how higher their pop is compared to the other 2 factions (also instant and frequently changed). The goal is of course to help mitigate pop advantages and keep scores closer thereby making a campaign more competitive.

And speaking of handicaps, the Hammer is just the opposite since it allows the faction with the highest pop to increase their score even more. For instance (assuming EP has the highest pop):

1. EP gets the Hammer, EP takes many keeps much faster than it would even with its pop advantage, EP takes scrolls.
    2. AD gets the hammer, EP takes the hammer from AD, EP takes many keeps much faster, EP takes scrolls.
    3. DC gets the hammer, EP takes the hammer from DC, EP takes many keeps much faster, EP takes scrolls.

The Hammer can be fun when there are even populations, but when there is the above scenarios (usually the case), the Hammer gives the highest pop faction an ADVANTAGE rather than a HANDICAP. I suggest the highest pop faction can only DESTROY the Hammer and not use it (their handicap) which would be a small step in helping under pop factions.

--Dyn

Grand Overlord Dyngrin, Templar, Daggerfall Covenant (PC/NA)
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC would likely be fighting for first place but some of the DC zerg leaders have personal issues with AD and focused way to much on AD this campaign. Not very good leadership at all IMO.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it decided 2nd place? As opposed to 3rd, AD were 2nd, am I reading that right?

If so, who cares? If you don't win, you lose. No one cares about 2nd place trophies.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    DC would likely be fighting for first place but some of the DC zerg leaders have personal issues with AD and focused way to much on AD this campaign. Not very good leadership at all IMO.

Ive been saying this for ages, if these guilds would pull their heads from their nether regions and actually help their faction, then they would be competing for first. DC seems to have a massive chip on their shoulder when it comes to AD tho, dunno why, its on both NA and EU servers, but its clear as day, and they lose, over and over, cuz of it.
    Edited by TheFM on January 14, 2020 8:58AM
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD GOOD !
    AD POWERFUL !
    AD IS NUMBER 1 !
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD GOOD !
    AD POWERFUL !
    AD IS NUMBER 1 !

Someone's a little overstimulated....
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭

Mr_Walker wrote: »
    AD GOOD !
    AD POWERFUL !
    AD IS NUMBER 1 !

I am sure, already the first quote, was meant to be sarcastic :-)

Anyhow, even in the days of faction lock, I am sure many people couldn't care less about who's winning the campaign and why. Only bad thing about one faction rolling over the map is that it kills PvP in Cyro.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    AD GOOD !
    AD POWERFUL !
    AD IS NUMBER 1 !

I am sure, already the first quote, was meant to be sarcastic :-)

Anyhow, even in the days of faction lock, I am sure many people couldn't care less about who's winning the campaign and why. Only bad thing about one faction rolling over the map is that it kills PvP in Cyro.

The thing on NA is that we all know it is EP who will win. No contenders there. It is the f****n 2nd place that is contested till the end. Anyways low pop bonus seems to working well for AD. They are already one step ahead of DC. To be honest can´t say there has been so much interest in the campaign scrores for some time.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fengrush has “AD Derangement Syndrome” “yellow cats bad” narrative
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing on NA is that we all know it is EP who will win. No contenders there. It is the f****n 2nd place that is contested till the end. Anyways low pop bonus seems to working well for AD. They are already one step ahead of DC. To be honest can´t say there has been so much interest in the campaign scrores for some time.

a lot of DC leadership has a vendetta against AD, particularly this campaign, and has targeted, zerg'd, and gated them specifically all campaign long.

the reason for the actual caring about the score would it would be a colossal insult to come in stone dead last after such a zerg fest.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Long_Distance
    Long_Distance
    ✭✭✭

I think he's bored. He's copying himself and is giving people what they expect of him.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Careful, mentioning streamer names may get you awarning here.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me its interesting to see posts about why a faction loses the campaign- especially seeing people claim players specifically or guilds caused the problem. The problem is and always will be that either you play to win the campaign or you tell stories of the greatness no one else sees for virtual ego boost. Anything else is excuse making. If you know groups take more stuff if they play the map and are not in guild- that is part of the problem. If you look for 'good fights' and ignore map telling all others 'we don't care'- that is part of the problem. There is no better way to record who makes better fight choices and wins more fights than the scoring system in cyro- NONE. You cant lie to it, you cant embellish it, you cant misremember what actually happened and who won....and when you lose the camp there is only a handful of things it could be.

1. You don't know how to play the map
    2. You don't play for points cause you are unconvinced taking stuff shows who wins tactical fights and made better decisions
    3. You consider running away when it gets hot and hiding from the fight 'winning'
    4. You play solo or 1vx humping rocks and trees all day
    5. You got outplayed over a 30 day period by a faction who consistently valued winning over arguing in zone

Looking to place blame on one player or even guilds here and there is not the problem...its an excuse and its a bad one too.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    2. You don't play for points cause you are unconvinced taking stuff shows who wins tactical fights and made better decisions
    3. You consider running away when it gets hot and hiding from the fight 'winning'

5. You got outplayed over a 30 day period by a faction who consistently valued winning over arguing in zone

Looking to place blame on one player or even guilds here and there is not the problem...its an excuse and its a bad one too.

But...But...My K/D!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    To me its interesting to see posts about why a faction loses the campaign- especially seeing people claim players specifically or guilds caused the problem. The problem is and always will be that either you play to win the campaign or you tell stories of the greatness no one else sees for virtual ego boost. Anything else is excuse making. If you know groups take more stuff if they play the map and are not in guild- that is part of the problem. If you look for 'good fights' and ignore map telling all others 'we don't care'- that is part of the problem. There is no better way to record who makes better fight choices and wins more fights than the scoring system in cyro- NONE. You cant lie to it, you cant embellish it, you cant misremember what actually happened and who won....and when you lose the camp there is only a handful of things it could be.

6. Campaigns are won when most people log off, and you have 1 faction with clear numerical superiority paint the map. As much as I love it, warts and all, primetime is just meaningless entertainment.