The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New beginners campaign for PVP needed.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A campaign for only new players would be very unpopulated. Less than the under 50 is now.

Further, OPs suggestion of limited it to characters below AvA 10 is very unbalanced. A lvl 40 player is stronger than a lvl 10 and both can be alliance lvl 10 Also, it does not take long to reach alliance lvl 10.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Just forbid anyone with CPs (or over 160s CPs because anyone below it is still low PvP IMHO) to enter the campaign, and I don't mean with CPs spent. No. Anyone who have earned first CP (or 160 CPs) can't enter this campaign on any toon, only then it will be real rookie campaign.

Then low lv Cyrodill would turn into large BG because it would become 4v4v4 map.

Not if you will give nice rewards for participating. E.g. Constant double AP (for easier lvling up skill lines), untradeable sieges for 1/10 of their cost (to give them more incentive to learn how to use them), double or even triple the gold from rewards for the worthy and end of campaign rewards (for new players it would be amazing way of ez gold farming).

It would take some time to news spread, but in the end each new player knowing he will face only other newbies, and he will receive awesome rewards for this, would at least try it.

Right now they avoid it because each few minutes they are being stomped mercilessly by twinks, and the reward for this is pathetic, it's opposite of fun. TBH it's better to have 4v4v4 when everyone is at the same level, than have 20v4v2 and get killed by that 4 or 2.

They are new players, give them equally skilled opponents, reward them for taking the risk of fighting another player and I assure you they will enjoy it. Right now under 50 campaign is twinks heaven, this needs to end because it discourages new players from pvp.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A better solution is a proper system that sorts people into leagues based on their ability. All the over-geared yet under-levelled cheesy people will get sorted into their own league and play amongst themselves.

Don't care what you got, CP or no CP, gear or no gear, or even if you want to go in naked and use fisticuffs -- sort people into leagues where the objective is to give them a 50/50 chance of winning. That way, everyone can have the type of fun they want to have while keeping PvP exciting.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 11, 2020 6:35PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    A better solution is a proper system that sorts people into leagues based on their ability. All the over-geared yet under-levelled cheesy people will get sorted into their own league and play amongst themselves.

Don't care what you got, CP or no CP, gear or no gear, or even if you want to go in naked and use fisticuffs -- sort people into leagues where the objective is to give them a 50/50 chance of winning. That way, everyone can have the type of fun they want to have while keeping PvP exciting.

This is not a better solution for an open world PvP design. Besides the obvious embarrassment of being placed into the scrub PvP campaign so Zos can literally tell a player they are bad and should feel bad it also eliminates the push to improve because that comes from playing against skilled players.

If a player wants a controlled environment and cannot handle the heat of PvP they should stick with PvE.

Edit: Literally it would be pointless other than to humiliate players. The lower level campaign would be low population because players will go play with their friends.
    Edited by idk on January 11, 2020 6:56PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Just forbid anyone with CPs (or over 160s CPs because anyone below it is still low PvP IMHO) to enter the campaign, and I don't mean with CPs spent. No. Anyone who have earned first CP (or 160 CPs) can't enter this campaign on any toon, only then it will be real rookie campaign.

Then low lv Cyrodill would turn into large BG because it would become 4v4v4 map.

Not if you will give nice rewards for participating. E.g. Constant double AP (for easier lvling up skill lines), untradeable sieges for 1/10 of their cost (to give them more incentive to learn how to use them), double or even triple the gold from rewards for the worthy and end of campaign rewards (for new players it would be amazing way of ez gold farming).

It would take some time to news spread, but in the end each new player knowing he will face only other newbies, and he will receive awesome rewards for this, would at least try it.

Right now they avoid it because each few minutes they are being stomped mercilessly by twinks, and the reward for this is pathetic, it's opposite of fun. TBH it's better to have 4v4v4 when everyone is at the same level, than have 20v4v2 and get killed by that 4 or 2.

They are new players, give them equally skilled opponents, reward them for taking the risk of fighting another player and I assure you they will enjoy it. Right now under 50 campaign is twinks heaven, this needs to end because it discourages new players from pvp.

That is even worse idea then previous one You had @Mayrael . First of all You fail to understand that low lv PvP in not unpopular because low lvls are being stomped by better players but because PvP in general is not popular and when someone starts journey with ESO PvP will be very rarely 1st thing he'll participate in. Second of all that double AP would encourage experienced players to just run alt accounts and farm APs in double speed to buy items from weekly vendor etc. In fact there are people that already have alt accounts just to run in low lv PvP. In longer term it could possibly make things even worse for new players.

And at the end idea of rewarding people who started the game way more then people who are long term users is incredibly disencouraging and distasteful for veteran players. How would You feel if suddenly in max lv PvP Zos would start to give additional bonus to AP to everyone who started play after certain date ? It would also stop flow of fresh blood into max lv PvP because new players knowing full well low lv PvP is the most beneficial PvP they'll have would simply stop getting CP 160 too quick which in longer term would start lower numbers in max lv PvP.
    Edited by Juhasow on January 11, 2020 6:56PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea, but it’d have to be designed in a way so people can’t game it. Maybe put a CP 400 max on the BGs/Campaign.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9d31f08f67ded664e2caf27cdcd50fd7--mental-training-hockey-training.jpg

The top reads playing to improve. So if you want to get better play with the better. Don´t satisfy with easy way. Cryptic but it holds some true.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NEWBIES ARE DELICIOUS !

AND nutritious!
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni can’t even make a stable group finder and you want them to design a system that separates players by some vague factors in a game that has PvP population issues already? Idk just seems like a lot of unnecessary work for questionable results.

If you really wanna help new players encourage them to play the vet campaign.
  • DCZergNoob
    DCZergNoob
    ✭✭✭
    It's called non vet domey
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is the unfortunate side effect of any MMO that has been out for a few years. People will always play twinks so they can dominate beginners/ newly leveling players.

Might be nice to limit certain skill lines, maybe make only blue level gear available etc. (maybe even only certain beginner sets for the under 50 campaign). Of course on the other side you will get the argument that experience in the game should allow you to make these elite builds/gear because they earned it once upon a time

I remember how much fun the under 50 campaign was years ago... no longer the case.

Being a sociopath isnt a symptom of an mmo. These players have existed since forever, they dont give AF about the health of the game, just as long as they can get easy kills, and make ap. You have them in every pvp game, and they are indeed a cancer on every pvp game.