Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC NA Kaal

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
So DC has the most players, they have all the streamers and the fan boys chasing them around. Low pop servers are just completely screwed and DC running around with Hammer in a zerg ball as well as having the most players on the server...... Is there nothing that can be done about this? There is nothing AD can do when these streamers are running around with 70+ people with the hammer. They refresh hammer timer by running off and dropping it to another team mate. What is the point?
Ad Victoriam!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hammer does need a hard set timer. The way it is now is game breaking.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    So DC has the most players,\

What?

Do you mean just in the day time when a certain streamer is on? Because in general; I am positive this is not the case
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there isn't really anything that we the players can do about it. Just try to stay away from the hammer, don't feed it, especially if there isn't a group on that can kill the hammer holder. We do tend to get a lot of work done once its all over though. I know my people aren't running groups all the time, and we aren't set up to be like Drac or any of those super organized groups, but we do what we can. DC is running some big groups right now, or they at least appear to be moving in 50 mans at times, but to be fair I think all 3 factions move like that at least some of the time, intentional or not. But if you think about it, after its all over, AD is ticked and we tend to take back everything and then some super quickly. Just have to wait until that nightmare artifact goes night night
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    posted this in another thread but:

im a fan of Fengrush as an AD player, its nice to watch a very competent player (like watching sports)

but as AD I do get a bit annoyed sometimes, I was on helping AD get our home tri keeps back and trying to stop gates opening and he brought his squad south to try and keep us gated (actually said in chat he didn't want AD getting fare back)

at this exact time EP was emping behind him, and DC had none of their home keeps, the last keep on the ring was blue, but it was Roe, EP held this for quite sometime before AND after they came south.

so some of the "hey were just looking for fights bro!" when your at a low pop factions home keeps that's also down a scroll and EP is emping behind you and pushing your own tri keeps.

then im sure once EP got emp he would complain about EP being on defense with scroll buffs and emp, smh.

I love the guy, watched him since beta back when stam sorc was just NOT a thing.

but seeing him turn from the solo player into the zerg that gates the low pop faction constantly? man it sucks. I still enjoy it, but sometimes his complaints just fall on def ears now.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    seeing him turn from the solo player into the zerg that gates the low pop faction constantly? man it sucks. I still enjoy it, but sometimes his complaints just fall on def ears now.
    Thats exactly whats happening!! I was on yesterday morning about 10am EST and fengrush and his fan boy army was gating AD the underpop faction. They had the hammer and a 50+ man zerg! Whats the point of going into cyrodil as AD at this hour? Might ad well que for BGs or do PvE ***. Literlly will zerg your 3 man group down at resources. Like i dont get it. I dont know what exactly ZOS can do to stop stuff like this from happening, its just annoying as hell. Like 50+ zerg with hammer when AD only had like 15 to 20 people even in Cyrodill
    Ad Victoriam!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People create thread and then you read their hurt feeling and kind of feel sorry for them every so often. However, don't be fooled by the OPs butt hurt feelings.

I had a week off at the beginning of the year, I seen the population and I did end up near the hammer a few times. I've never seen 70+ people on the hammer. I've never seen 70+ people in a zerg. The OP is spreading fake butt hurt tears.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty much the only time of day where DC isn't pushed back to their tri-keeps, and despite that they are always in third place. Why not teach your AD guilds how to use the hammer? Every time I see AD with it they either hide in their keeps, toss it to the slaughter fish, or lose it as quickly as they get it to EP. The reason Fengrush and his group (which never seems to be a full group btw) are very successful with the hammer is because they know how to use it and they play really well with each other. They chose to adapt to a new feature in Cyrodiil and they did well.

Yeah, it's not fun when you're gated. I know. I've been playing DC since beta (when I'm playing the game) and the first year I was lucky to log in a see we had one keep. Heck, we were lucky if we could get off the wall at the loading area. It sucks. It also sucks when you have both the other alliances hitting you at the same time or you log in a see an alliance PVDoored the entire map during the night, or close to it. Adapt. Work together and make a plan to deal with what's going on in the map. Fun can be had, you just have to go and make it.

Besides, Fengrush and his small group cannot control where other DC players go and what they do.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vorpan wrote: »
    Why not teach your AD guilds how to use the hammer? Every time I see AD with it they either hide in their keeps, toss it to the slaughter fish, or lose it as quickly as they get it to EP.

AD hits pop lock in prime time and has a number of competitive guilds. Then. But at that time of day, 2 bars of random pugs versus poplocked DC with a streamer zerg, a pug zerg, and a couple of other DC guilds like IA is not an L2P issue for AD. Trying to prevent DC from getting the hammer from them is the best strat they can use under those circumstances.
  • srnm
    srnm
    ✭✭✭
    The op gave an example but the problem is not limited to a faction or streamer.

Same thing happened when a certain EP ball group got the hammer this weekend - 2 hours of hammer time is a real drag and defenders start to log.

Hammer needs a max time limit of around 45 minutes - maybe less...
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not DC today on Kaal, it was AD 6 a year ago on Vivec, and it will be EP in 6 months on some unpronounceable named server. It's not an specific alliance, a certain streamer, the hammer, or guild that causes this, it's just the reality of ESO PvP, and this tends to happen a lot more on non-pop locked servers.

The only thing ZOS can do is to invest resources in actually making PvP fun and performance decent, so the PvP population will get large enough such that "night-capping" and the supposed 70 vs 15, which I suspect is more like 35 vs 20ish, solves itself.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty much the only time of day where DC isn't pushed back to their tri-keeps, and despite that they are always in third place. Why not teach your AD guilds how to use the hammer? Every time I see AD with it they either hide in their keeps, toss it to the slaughter fish, or lose it as quickly as they get it to EP. The reason Fengrush and his group (which never seems to be a full group btw) are very successful with the hammer is because they know how to use it and they play really well with each other. They chose to adapt to a new feature in Cyrodiil and they did well.

Yeah, it's not fun when you're gated. I know. I've been playing DC since beta (when I'm playing the game) and the first year I was lucky to log in a see we had one keep. Heck, we were lucky if we could get off the wall at the loading area. It sucks. It also sucks when you have both the other alliances hitting you at the same time or you log in a see an alliance PVDoored the entire map during the night, or close to it. Adapt. Work together and make a plan to deal with what's going on in the map. Fun can be had, you just have to go and make it.

Besides, Fengrush and his small group cannot control where other DC players go and what they do.

I recall those early days right out of beta as well.. I recall feeling sorry for DC whenever I saw them at their tri keeps (which was a lot of the time)... then, something happened.. players who claimed to be "looking for good fights", actually meant it and started shifting around... leaving AD for DC and EP.. the balancing may or may not have been with good intentions, but nonetheless, spiteful feelings were created.. and old grudges die hard..

do you happen to recall a little thread titled "calling all EP and DC to kick AD off of Had"? It was an interesting time to say the least... AD could barely get a keep (even just one of their own keeps) back.. AD was constantly gated.. no scrolls.. no reason to gate, other than pure spite and poor sportsmanship.

Azura (I think that was the name back then) was dominated by DC.. some AD had shifted to another camp (Had), another faction, or just quit the game entirely.. there really weren't any players left who were looking for "good fights", now it was just about easy wins.. players jumping to the winning sides, instead of working to balance.. (to be fair, some did and some still do fight for the underdog, and to those players, you have my respect).

So, once that forum post was created, many AD did leave Had on their own ... only to return just to be trampled by the mindless blobs .. others were still leaving the main camp to go to Had because they were sick of the blob nonsense on the other camp.. it only got worse entering Had after that post.

With the mass exodus of AD, came increasing blobs and mindless zerging.. many players realized that if they just continue to throw bodies on the pile, eventually they'll win from just numbers.. no matter how many times you kill them, there will always be more .. like clowns getting out of a VW at a circus..

As @NBrookus said, .. it's not a L2P issue.
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Why not teach your AD guilds how to use the hammer? Every time I see AD with it they either hide in their keeps, toss it to the slaughter fish, or lose it as quickly as they get it to EP.
    AD hits pop lock in prime time and has a number of competitive guilds. Then. But at that time of day, 2 bars of random pugs versus poplocked DC with a streamer zerg, a pug zerg, and a couple of other DC guilds like IA is not an L2P issue for AD. Trying to prevent DC from getting the hammer from them is the best strat they can use under those circumstances.

While yes, there are some newer players and we have our fair share of solo, or just unorganized groups.. AD does what they can with what they have. And when backed into a corner, they usually come together and rally. However, it would help if we didn't continue to lose very good, skilled, and vet players to the other factions, or in many cases, to other games.

As far as the "work together and make a plan to deal with what's going on in the map" statement you posted, I have a feeling AD actually is rallying and working together as much as each player's own schedule allows.. most of us have rl responsibilities and real jobs that sometimes make it difficult to be on all at the same time to coordinate getting our scrolls back, or removing inhabitants squatting in Fare, BM, or BB.. but, I believe that might explain part of the reason AD is (or was, I haven't checked recently) holding second place..

With regards to the comment about you stating
    You are absolutely correct. He has no control over what anyone does or does not do. He does have an influence however, and players who are easily influenced will either catch a ride on that train, or seek him and his following out looking for a fight.... Either way, there is no denying that he draws attention.. good or bad.. it's up to him how he chooses to use that influence... hopefully, his intentions are good and are for the health of this dying game which we continue to log into as masochists..
    Edited by Delphinia on January 13, 2020 10:42PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    hesobad wrote: »
    So DC has the most players,\

What?

Do you mean just in the day time when a certain streamer is on? Because in general; I am positive this is not the case

Seriously, in prime time most of DC logs off. Both EP and AD are pop locked and DC sits at 2 bars. EP and AD faction stack, which kills performance so most DC log off and find something better to do.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fengrush has “AD Derangement Syndrome” “yellow cats bad” narrative
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    ~snip~

wanted to add to this.

yeah after launch for a few patches DC was the smaller faction for sure. but I do recall that specifically at least 1 large EP group moved over to DC to even things out (and it did)

the problem was this created a situation of "the true enemy is in the south" that has persisted to this day.

honestly im kind of glad that AD is down to only the legit AD players, as aside from Iskra (DC and EP your welcome to him) were all kind of okay with all the odds stacked against us, its thinned out the disloyal, and I only assume its going to get worse as the new wave of skyrim fanbois join the pact.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please enlighten everyone about what happens minutes before the "OMG! DC Streamer has the hammer!" moment. Don't lie because I know the truth.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could use some entertainment today. Drama works
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ad is the only pop on when fengrush is raiding. And when he want to steal scrolls with hammer is the ONLY time he actually does anything for DC. The moment the hammer is gone so is he and DC gets double teamed the for the next 8 hours.
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    Every alliance thinks the others are plotting against them. You should see the zone chat for DC in the evenings. You'd think some players believe EP and AD spend the day planning their evil plots and execute them against DC during prime time.

I don't follow the hammer when Fengrush has it. It's too laggy and honestly not something I enjoy. However, to me, it looks like he goes all over the map and isn't just picking on AD. Although it would make sense, to a point, in him doing so. If DC wants to get ahead in points of AD then they need to take points from them.

There is a guild that does try to encourage DC to attack AD, even when it makes no sense. But only because they are former AD and seem to have their feelers hurt. A lot of the times, at least when I am in Cyrodiil (which hasn't been often lately) they are ignored by the majority or told by a few to go back to AD.
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    I recall those early days right out of beta as well.. I recall feeling sorry for DC whenever I saw them at their tri keeps (which was a lot of the time)... then, something happened.. players who claimed to be "looking for good fights", actually meant it and started shifting around... leaving AD for DC and EP.. the balancing may or may not have been with good intentions, but nonetheless, spiteful feelings were created.. and old grudges die hard..

do you happen to recall a little thread titled "calling all EP and DC to kick AD off of Had"? It was an interesting time to say the least... AD could barely get a keep (even just one of their own keeps) back.. AD was constantly gated.. no scrolls.. no reason to gate, other than pure spite and poor sportsmanship.

Azura (I think that was the name back then) was dominated by DC.. some AD had shifted to another camp (Had), another faction, or just quit the game entirely.. there really weren't any players left who were looking for "good fights", now it was just about easy wins.. players jumping to the winning sides, instead of working to balance.. (to be fair, some did and some still do fight for the underdog, and to those players, you have my respect).

So, once that forum post was created, many AD did leave Had on their own ... only to return just to be trampled by the mindless blobs .. others were still leaving the main camp to go to Had because they were sick of the blob nonsense on the other camp.. it only got worse entering Had after that post.

With the mass exodus of AD, came increasing blobs and mindless zerging.. many players realized that if they just continue to throw bodies on the pile, eventually they'll win from just numbers.. no matter how many times you kill them, there will always be more .. like clowns getting out of a VW at a circus..

I have a buddy who only plays AD and has since launch. I do remember him complaining about an AD guild leaving for EP and then night capping each night. It was a mess, and you could tell he was frustrated for sure. A lot of people undoubtedly were. I never blame players in different time zones for playing when it's there prime time, but players who intentionally do it just to stick it to another alliance, is just wrong.

It probably didn't help when they offered free (temporary) transfers to console the year following launch. AD lost a lot of good players then too.

I don't recall that particular thread, however. It's been a while. That's a pretty crummy thing to do too.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every alliance thinks the others are plotting against them. You should see the zone chat for DC in the evenings. You'd think some players believe EP and AD spend the day planning their evil plots and execute them against DC during prime time.

I don't follow the hammer when Fengrush has it. It's too laggy and honestly not something I enjoy. However, to me, it looks like he goes all over the map and isn't just picking on AD. Although it would make sense, to a point, in him doing so. If DC wants to get ahead in points of AD then they need to take points from them.

There is a guild that does try to encourage DC to attack AD, even when it makes no sense. But only because they are former AD and seem to have their feelers hurt. A lot of the times, at least when I am in Cyrodiil (which hasn't been often lately) they are ignored by the majority or told by a few to go back to AD.

" they are ignored by the majority or told by a few to go back to AD."

Please no. Maybe EP would be a good fit for said guild.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vorpan Pretty sure, it is Homicide, number one zergling guild in the game.
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Yeah. I joined their guild briefly, when they first came to DC, but it became pretty clear really fast that their only interest is chasing AD around in towers and whatnot. It wasn't fun so I left. The whole zerg thing doesn't appeal to me. I'm too much of an objective player for that sort of thing.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Yeah. I joined their guild briefly, when they first came to DC, but it became pretty clear really fast that their only interest is chasing AD around in towers and whatnot. It wasn't fun so I left. The whole zerg thing doesn't appeal to me. I'm too much of an objective player for that sort of thing.

You did?

AD is the 12 year old kid faction imo, I've never seen worse trolls in my life.

The reason we went larger at 24 is because we were fighting Fengrush in no-CP. Whenever he logs on a ton of other DC players would log on and follow him around, so there'd be 40+ of them so we had to go to 24 to fight back. EP was non-existent in no-CP. The 60+ player comments are just people making excuses for losing, in no-CP we'd regularly fight 3x guilds at once, each of maybe 12 people so were still outnumbered.

About AD being trolls, some of the people in there are absolutely crazy. First we had someone pretend to be from our guild and send every pvp guild in the game a message calling them out and asking them to come to no-CP to fight us.

Then we also had someone create a fake chat log of our guild leader saying he's a ***.

I left AD, no regrets, at least as DC you're fighting against the people you're supposed to be. I think it was from people who were mad they were kicked from the guild for not following calls, so got mad. I'm not sure what brought on all the hate, that is if the people who're that much of a troll need a reason. After that it's been mostly people piling on because it gives them an excuse for being a *** and some people never miss an opportunity to let their true colours show.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 14, 2020 11:56PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I left AD, no regrets, at least as DC you're fighting against the people you're supposed to be. I think it was from people who were mad they were kicked from the guild for not following calls, so got mad. I'm not sure what brought on all the hate, that is if the people who're that much of a troll need a reason. After that it's been mostly people piling on because it gives them an excuse for being a *** and some people never miss an opportunity to let their true colours show.

That was one of the things I really liked about Homicide. Bobby is a great leader and is really good at making calls. When he called people out on discord for not following directions, it was justified. But yeah, some people can't handle that and I think for others it's just about the guild being former AD so they are forever the "enemy". Like I said though, it just wasn't fitting with what I like to do in Cyrodiil. I do hope that the guild is enjoying DC, though.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

That was one of the things I really liked about Homicide. Bobby is a great leader and is really good at making calls. When he called people out on discord for not following directions, it was justified. But yeah, some people can't handle that and I think for others it's just about the guild being former AD so they are forever the "enemy". Like I said though, it just wasn't fitting with what I like to do in Cyrodiil. I do hope that the guild is enjoying DC, though.

Yea, it’s good. DC > AD by a mile.

When we started at low CPs in no-CP I remember someone named Tris or something trying to boss us around, we said we just wanted to do us, you do you. AD didn’t like that, they didn’t want to attack certain keeps for some reason.

Anyways, as we were still learning the first time we were going to emp all the longtime AD used the /sit emoji and wouldn’t help. That group is likely the reason we’ve been trolled so hard, no regrets for leaving that faction at all. From day 1 it was trolling from our own faction. DC seems more mature, less 14 year old psycho troll mentality.

There are still some trolls/mentally unstable inevery faction don’t get me wrong. After someone pretended to be from our guild and sent all the other pvp guilds hate messages people would kick us from random dungeons and other weird stuff. It’s sorta normal to hate other pvp guilds if you play angry, but the amount of people who had opinions about us for no reason I always thought was hilarious.

Some of it is stirring up drama to have a reason to pvp, I get that, but some people are unstable and it went much further then a game. It’s basicly harassment.... actually way past.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 15, 2020 3:12AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »

" they are ignored by the majority or told by a few to go back to AD."

Please no. Maybe EP would be a good fit for said guild.

Please, not red. It wasn't that long ago we got rid of the guild that literally wanted to have all of EP in one group and crash the servers.