Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Survivalist build for Imperial City?

Vyvrhel
Vyvrhel
✭✭✭
Please recommend a good "face tanking" - survivalist - solo exploration build for Imperial City. Any class - race combination is welcome.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to go all-out trolltank mode, you can use something like Alessian+Orgnum's+Trollking.
    Here's a link to more details.
    That's basically an "anti PvP build" for doing PvE objectives in PvP zones in relative peace and safety.
    (edit: also the gear is easy to obtain: Alessian = buy in guildstore, Orgnum's = craftable, Troll King = easy to farm the helm, non-DLC dungeon)

With the above setup, if you understand at least the basics of PvP, and basic game mechanics such as how interrupts and CC immunity work, you should have little trouble facetanking one or two decent players indefinitely. Or even a few bad players who have no idea what they are doing and just spam random crap at you.

Most PvPers who know what they are doing, when you run into them 1v1, they will eventually recognize that you are just trolling them by being unkillable, not posing any actual threat, that you are just wasting their time, and will eventually leave you alone.

In particular, one thing that really annoys enemy PvPers and immediately shows that you are just trolling, is to start meditating in their face as soon as you gain CC immunity. They can do absolutely nothing about that (you cannot be interrupted while you have CC immunity), and 1v1 you pretty much cannot be killed at all when you do that (Major Protection + huge HP regen + high resource restore).

Good luck killing anything, though... this is a "wet noodle tank" build, with such low damage output that it makes pure PvE tanks look like actual DPS.
    Killing the IC quest bosses will take a very long time, and they will not be able to hurt you in any way so it'll be boring AF.
    Edited by Major_Lag on January 8, 2020 4:19AM
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Good luck killing anything, though... this is a "wet noodle tank" build, with such low damage output that it makes pure PvE tanks look like actual DPS.
    Killing the IC quest bosses will take a very long time, and they will not be able to hurt you in any way so it'll be boring AF.

Thank you kind sir. This is exactly what I wanted. Any ideas for DK version skills?
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    Thank you kind sir. This is exactly what I wanted. Any ideas for DK version skills?

Magma shell ulti is probably overkill - you don't need it 1v1 or 1v2, and if you get really zerged it's probably best to hoof it and try to hide, and/or port away to Cyro (works even while in combat).

Instead, I'd go with the standard, use whichever morph you prefer. It's a nice source of decent AoE damage for killing IC NPCs, especially if you also have the "banish the wicked" passive.

As for non-ultimate abilities, just replace the sorc class skills with the closest DK or generic equivalents:

Skills:
    1h/s (Bar 1)
    Vigor
    Volatile armor
    Dragon fire scale (use sparingly, you won't have the sustain to spam it; great to have this for the IC Arena final boss)
    Heroic Slash (Debuff and gain ulti faster)
    Meditate (preferably the stam&mag restore morph, you don't need the extra healing from the other morph)
    Ulti: Spell Wall

1h/s (Bar 2)
    Burning talons (again, use this sparingly because of sustain issues)
    Absorb Magic (A nice, quick heal against casters)
    Unrelenting grip (pull trash mobs into a nice pile around you and lock them down with talons)
    Efficient purge
    Race against time
    Ulti: Shifting standard (or the other morph if you like)

If you feel you want still more "damage" output, here are some things you can try:
    - replace absorb magic with stone giant,
    - replace troll king with infernal guardian (you can proc it with the Psijic blocking passive, or use hardened shield for that instead of volatile), but be warned that you lose a lot of HP regen if you drop troll king so be careful with that,
    - replace Orgnum's with New Moon Acolyte or some other damage set, maybe a proc set of some sort (again, you lose a big chunk of HP regen if you do that).

(edit: also if you feel you need more magicka sustain, swap out the 1H/s on 2nd bar for a frost staff and switch meditate around with absorb magic - now you can gain either resource back from heavy attacks, and frost staff is still decently tanky)

Good luck.
    You should be quite safe with this setup (just stay away from enemy zergs), but you will be really chipping slowly away at the NPC enemies' health for quite a long time.

Be sure to interrupt enemy healer NPCs ASAP (don't let them channel anything for more than a second or thereabouts!), or the fights will last literally forever, as they will easily outheal your "damage" output.
    Edited by Major_Lag on January 9, 2020 9:11PM
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect reason why damage should be buffed.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol how so?
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol how so?

To deal with players like op, wanting to be a fake-me-out tanks that should be tanking trials instead come into pvp areas and the nerf to damage in the past 15 months makes matters worse and goes beyond "balance"..

This is why players complain about this tank meta in pvp. If youre afraid to die stick to questing in overland zones.

Breton mag blade, 2 troll king, 5 new moon acolyte, 5 mother sorrow and back bar rapid regen... Perfect sewer rat build and enough magic to hide from players.
    Edited by KillsAllElves on January 10, 2020 12:17AM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol how so?

To deal with players like op, wanting to be a fake-me-out tanks that should be tanking trials instead come into pvp areas and the nerf to damage in the past 15 months makes matters worse and goes beyond "balance"..

This is why players complain about this tank meta in pvp. If youre afraid to die stick to questing in overland zones.

Breton mag blade, 2 troll king, 5 new moon acolyte, 5 mother sorrow and back bar rapid regen... Perfect sewer rat build and enough magic to hide from players.

their choice to play that way, i'm not gonna stop them also dont see the need to buff my damage so i can stop them either, they cant hurt me any more than i can them so balance is achieved :)
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭

lol how so?

Well I asked about a tanky/healy build, which I am going to try asap (remember, this is to avoid PVP in "just passing" manner, not to dominate over other players and I do not see anything wrong on it) the breton magblade is also a nice alternative and I am currently levelling one, Innate axiom + Shacklebreaker. However in your proposal I do not understand one thing - why Mothers (and not for example Imperial Physique), will it work agains all Impen builds? I though that the idea behind all Impen is to make crit obsolete in PVP.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »

Magma shell ulti is probably overkill - you don't need it 1v1 or 1v2, and if you get really zerged it's probably best to hoof it and try to hide, and/or port away to Cyro (works even while in combat).

Instead, I'd go with the standard, use whichever morph you prefer. It's a nice source of decent AoE damage for killing IC NPCs, especially if you also have the "banish the wicked" passive.

Thanks a lot an most importantly, PEACE MAN! :)

• KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol how so?

Well I asked about a tanky/healy build, which I am going to try asap (remember, this is to avoid PVP in "just passing" manner, not to dominate over other players and I do not see anything wrong on it) the breton magblade is also a nice alternative and I am currently levelling one, Innate axiom + Shacklebreaker. However in your proposal I do not understand one thing - why Mothers (and not for example Imperial Physique), will it work agains all Impen builds? I though that the idea behind all Impen is to make crit obsolete in PVP.

Youre not going to accomplish with that.

MS and NMA is great for clearing enemies you need to kill to complete. Magblade to hide from players who want kill you.