Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Add a Distance Debuff from Home Keeps.

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Make it harder for enemy players to farm you at your home keeps. Introduce a combat debuff depending on how far you are from your own Gate Keeps.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    No. Now shoo
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are aware that controlling enemy keeps gives your faction buffs, right? Your idea goes directly against that mechanic.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Now shoo

Can't. I'm like Tick. A salty Tick.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Make it harder for enemy players to farm you at your home keeps. Introduce a combat debuff depending on how far you are from your own Gate Keeps.

Ever tried to capture an enemy scroll? What if they took yours and stored it in their home keeps?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick to beat those farm groups is to, wait for it......wait for it......wait for it.....

Don't chase them into the farm spot.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    The trick to beat those farm groups is to, wait for it......wait for it......wait for it.....

Don't chase them into the farm spot.

Not that I agree with Mikes suggestion, but IIRC Mike plays on the quiet server, and often you are stuck because you have a group of nitwits gate camping. Dumbest tactic in the game unless campaign score is necessary. Kills pvp for everyone stone dead. People switch off and do soemthing else.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By "home keeps" I'm going to assume you really mean those two keeps closest to the scroll temples, right? Because otherwise this request makes no sense given that ZOS wants us fighting at keeps like Brindle, Dragonclaw, etc.

I'm guessing the idea is to disincentivize gating factions and farming players as they try to break out of their gates?

Unfortunately, it won't work.
    Often enough the gating faction who's farming has very little else to do on the map. When those are the only fights to be had on the map, they aren't going to care about decreased AP. Or its revenge gatecamping, and again, they won't care about decreased AP.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 8, 2020 1:39AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By "home keeps" I'm going to assume you really mean those two keeps closest to the scroll temples, right? Because otherwise this request makes no sense given that ZOS wants us fighting at keeps like Brindle, Dragonclaw, etc.

I'm guessing the idea is to disincentivize gating factions and farming players as they try to break out of their gates?

Often enough the gating faction who's farming has very little else to do on the map. When those are the only fights to be had on the map, they aren't going to care about decreased AP. Or its revenge gatecamping, and again, they won't care about decreased AP.

My personal experiences. Yellows will ride across the map, cap Harluns or Winters, then use those as local spawn points to harass and farm Kings or Farragut. If the farm doesnt come to them, then they just siege, and then we lose our gate keeps cause red is usually outnumbered or outmatched anyway, and the "good" reds only care about the Emp ring, or standing outside the Chalamo. Blues do the same thing from the north.

Im just so tired of there not being set battle lines. Theres too much back capping, and for some reason in Laat, AD and DC have an obsession with kings, farr, and Arrius.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My personal experiences. Yellows will ride across the map, cap Harluns or Winters, then use those as local spawn points to harass and farm Kings or Farragut. If the farm doesnt come to them, then they just siege, and then we lose our gate keeps cause red is usually outnumbered or outmatched anyway, and the "good" reds only care about the Emp ring, or standing outside the Chalamo. Blues do the same thing from the north.

Im just so tired of there not being set battle lines. Theres too much back capping, and for some reason in Laat, AD and DC have an obsession with kings, farr, and Arrius.

It sounds like EP has a problem with showing up to defend their tri-keeps. Maybe its an unbalanced campaign pop in general.

The best way I've ever seen to get players to show up and defend keeps was during Summerset when ZOS buffed D-ticks.
    Players showed up for defenses in droves.
    Players even scouted the back keeps so they could call out attacks ASAP.
    For once, defending the keep was always worth lots more than just recapturing it afterward.
    It also stabilized the battle lines to some extent, as players were more eager to defend home keeps. Offensive pushes were either quick raids met by a lot of players or the predictable emp ring shoving match.

That's how to use AP mechanics to encourage players to fight and defend their keeps, as opposed to penalizing alliances for fighting deep in enemy territory.
    That's also the best ZOS ever did at encouraging players to react to backcapping quickly, without having to penalize the attacking alliance.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like EP has a problem with showing up to defend their tri-keeps. Maybe its an unbalanced campaign pop in general.

The best way I've ever seen to get players to show up and defend keeps was during Summerset when ZOS buffed D-ticks.
    For once, defending the keep was always worth lots more than just recapturing it afterward.
    It also stabilized the battle lines to some extent, as players were more eager to defend home keeps. Offensive pushes were either quick raids met by a lot of players or the predictable emp ring shoving match.

That's how to use AP mechanics to encourage players to fight and defend their keeps, as opposed to penalizing alliances for fighting deep in enemy territory.
    That's also the best ZOS ever did at encouraging players to react to backcapping quickly, without having to penalize the attacking alliance.

You make a great point. But then buffed D-ticks just encourages more boosting?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    You are aware that controlling enemy keeps gives your faction buffs, right? Your idea goes directly against that mechanic.

There is this. It seems intentional.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You make a great point. But then buffed D-ticks just encourages more boosting?

Increased D-ticks did have some boosting issues. The majority of players PVPed as intended, and a few jerks got their friends to help them farm AP at resources and keeps during off hours.

I'd be willing to put up with a few boosters for the sake of more spirited defenses, but ZOS might not agree. There's also the server performance to contend with - high D-ticks do create longer, harder fought battles than PvDoor does, which taxes the server more.