Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA for PVP players

robofly
robofly
✭✭✭
Due to there being multiple PVE achievements that you are required to go into Cyrodiil for, there are going to be a few people who aren't interested in PVP, so, if you attack someone and they only run away without fighting, don't keep attacking them, 9999/10000 times those people aren't interested in PVP and are only there to complete a few achievements. the other one time, they're probably leading you into a trap, so it'd still not be in your best interest to follow and continue attacking them.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are in Cyrodiil, they are PVP achievements.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy ap
  • robofly
    robofly
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, except for all the obviously PVE achievements, such as Skyshard collecting, Fishing, etc.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they can be a clever PvPer trying to trick you into thinking they are a PvEr only to turn around and stab you in the back to start a fight on their terms.

Kill every last one of them!
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robofly wrote: »
    Due to there being multiple PVE achievements that you are required to go into Cyrodiil for, there are going to be a few people who aren't interested in PVP, so, if you attack someone and they only run away without fighting, don't keep attacking them, 9999/10000 times those people aren't interested in PVP and are only there to complete a few achievements. the other one time, they're probably leading you into a trap, so it'd still not be in your best interest to follow and continue attacking them.

I will chase you down and try to kill you as fast as possible precisely because you may be leading me into a trap.

You must understand as soon as you step foot in a PvP zone, you are fair game to kill...your intentions mean absolutely nothing.
    If that bothers you, the solution is quite simple.

Stay out of PvP zones🤷‍♂️
    Edited by Kel on January 8, 2020 5:47AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, except for all the obviously PVE achievements, such as Skyshard collecting, Fishing, etc.

Achieving those things in Cyrodiil requires surviving PVP, one way or another. The same goes for IC. What you're asking for is a free ride. No one gets to opt out of PVP in Cyrodiil. All players are fair game, regardless of their intentions or preferences.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are in Cyrodiil, they count towards the following PVP achievements:
    Alliance Rank - as they grant AP when killed
    [Race] Slayer - kill 100 of X race
    Grand [Class] Slayer - kill 100 of X class
    Tremendous Damage Dealer - deal 100 mil damage to enemy players

And the Midyear Mayhem achievements:
    Hand of the Whitestrake - acquire 25 Boon boxes, as they grant AP which counts towards boxes from rewards for the worthy
    Wrath of the Whitestrake - defeat 50 opponents
    Star-Made Knight - requires the above achievements

So, quite literally, players in Cyrodiil are PVP achievements. Even if they are innocent PVEers frolicking by the slaughterfish-ridden shores of Lake Rumare, killing them is an integral part of multiple PVP achievements.

(I don't go out of my way to kill fishers, but I didn't complain when it happened to me.)
  • ItMustBeThursday
    ItMustBeThursday
    ✭✭✭
    Every time a PVE-er complains about dying in a PVP zone, an angel gets its wings.
  • ItMustBeThursday
    ItMustBeThursday
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I will seek out the ones who run away, and chop them into little bits, just because of your post @robofly
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love players chasing me. 9 out of 10 times it will end badly for them. And yes, yes there is a 100% chance that if you chase me to your doom I will tea bag you. So release fast if you make the stupid mistake of over extending when you chase someone.
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    PSA - Come to PvP pvp-ready (even just impen crafted gear)

Who knows- maybe you find it fun and stay :wink:
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy running away, and leading my gormless chasers... straight into the rest of my ball group hiding behind a rock/wall.

Oh, please don't chase me, you alpha dog pvper, oooh, you are so awesome and scary!

LOL. Only dumbarses chase the squirrels.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You show up flying the wrong flag, ya getting DROPPED! I don’t care WHY you there!

Run around being bait if you want to. You can get your buddies laid out right beside you. Lol. Square business.
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    I really enjoy running away, and leading my gormless chasers... straight into the rest of my ball group hiding behind a rock/wall.

Oh, please don't chase me, you alpha dog pvper, oooh, you are so awesome and scary!

No offense, but if a ball Zerg let someone like you in it they can’t be but so good. I’ll take my chances kiting around y’all in some rocks.

The best ball Zergs I’ve EVER seen Weren’t running around stealthed up using bait. They steam roll through spamming heals. They wouldn’t NEED you lol.

I’m a GO and I fought em all, PCNA. TKG, Ni, Omni, Fantasia, Avant-garde, and et al. Say what you want to about ANY of em...they don’t use BAIT!

Edited: OMG. I was 2 manning early one morning with a pal and we ran into some fools at Alessia who wouldn’t hop down off the wall and fight. Instead, they were healing the door guards. I was thinking, “Wtf, these door guards won’t die!”

This was during DOT meta where embers and structured Entropy were dropping fools. My pal was like, “OMG! They’re healing the guards!” We almost DIED laughing lol. The things folks do in Cyro.

Here’s a PSA. Brawl or rez out!
    Edited by JumpmanLane on January 10, 2020 2:22AM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you are worth AP, I will kill you. That means you have about 5 mins between every respawn and me actually trying to kill you.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. there will be those who stalk the PvE quest areas for easy kills. Generally players who are not very skilled and are challenged killing players actually interested in PvP. They are just looking for soft easy targets. A thread like this will not stop them.
    2. It is best to go to one of the lower populated servers. Also probably use a little caution and sneak through those areas instead of being so obvious.
  • allan0n
    allan0n
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Imagine proudly admitting to thinking this way