The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Add chance of furniture mat drops to surveys

girlpoison
girlpoison
✭✭✭
I would like to suggest adding the possibility of furniture mats dropping from survey nodes. Just a chance, so we're not completely flooding the game with furniture mats... and doesn't have to be a lot either, maybe the normal amount of 1-2, or 2-3 depending on the type of mat. Would be nice since furniture recipes require so many of these mats to craft!
PC/NA @Scarlett - GM of East Empire Trading Co & West Empire Trading Co
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, this would be the best.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they would have to make it a rare drop chance, like nirncrux, as you can imagine that if it were a guaranteed drop of one or two, many players would stockpile surveys until the update launched.

During the Homestead PTS, furnishing mats DID drop at first, but not from alchemy. When players reported that bug, ZOS' response was to remove furnishing mat drops from ALL surveys, rather than add them to alchemy. I'm pretty sure they were concerned about a flood of furnishing mats at Homestead's launch if they dropped from surveys, since players would just hoard them until the update.

Now, however, I think it would be great to add them to surveys, but only a chance like nirncrux (and not have them drop from the Craglorn surveys).
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I think they would have to make it a rare drop chance, like nirncrux, as you can imagine that if it were a guaranteed drop of one or two, many players would stockpile surveys until the update launched.

During the Homestead PTS, furnishing mats DID drop at first, but not from alchemy. When players reported that bug, ZOS' response was to remove furnishing mat drops from ALL surveys, rather than add them to alchemy. I'm pretty sure they were concerned about a flood of furnishing mats at Homestead's launch if they dropped from surveys, since players would just hoard them until the update.

Now, however, I think it would be great to add them to surveys, but only a chance like nirncrux (and not have them drop from the Craglorn surveys).

I agree that they shouldn't drop with every node harvest, but if they're dropping at normal node values then they should have a much more common drop rate. If the amount was similar to how much normal material drops from those nodes, then I could see it being on the same chance as nirncrux. Either way, providing another source for furnishing mats to drop is a good thing. The material cost should also be lowered on the recipes as well.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."