The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Evolving Indrik causes Item Loss on Other Characters that have Indrik Mount Equipped - PC(NA)

chuable
chuable
Hi ESO Support,

Encountered this bug over the holidays.

I have 2 characters that had Nascent Indrik equipped mount with inventory size 140 (60 mount upgrade + 2 baggage upgrade + 60 base inventory).
Both characters have around 120+ items.
When my 3rd character evolved the Nascent Indrik mount into a Pure snow Indrik, the other 2 character's inventory got truncated to 80 (lost over 30+ items on each character).
I tried re-equipping any mount on 1 of the characters which had the inventory truncated to 80, sadly, the items did not re-appear.

I have already submitted a ticket, but it had no response for some time, Incident: 191228-000820
It's not anywhere in my craft bag, as I am not an eso+ sub.

This is quite nasty bug.

Need help on this (escalating)

Thank you!
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game breaking bug here. That's sad.
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on December 30, 2019 1:35AM
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what happened to make you lose inventory, but I wanted to point out in case you weren't aware that mount-related bag space is not attached to the mounts themselves. The bag upgrades are connected to individual characters and apply to them regardless of which mount is equipped.
  • chuable
    chuable
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    I'm not sure what happened to make you lose inventory, but I wanted to point out in case you weren't aware that mount-related bag space is not attached to the mounts themselves. The bag upgrades are connected to individual characters and apply to them regardless of which mount is equipped.

So what happened was when I evolved the Indrik on my 3rd character, The other 2 characters that have Nascent Indrik equipped had their mount removed as part of the evolution process which consumes a Nascent Indrik.

They had no mounts equipped after the evolution. Even with all the mount upgrades on the characters, the inventory slumped to 80
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

It certainly seems to me that you have discovered a flaw in the software design implementation (i.e., a "bug").
    chuable wrote: »
    I have already submitted a ticket, but it had no response for some time, Incident: 191228-000820
    I have 2 characters that had Nascent Indrik equipped mount with inventory size 140 (60 mount upgrade + 2 baggage upgrade + 60 base inventory).
    Both characters have around 120+ items.
    First, 60 + 2 + 60 = 122 (not 140). I assume that you meant -- for each of two characters:
    1. 60 initial spaces after character creation, plus
    2. 20 Riding Lesson spaces, plus
    3. 60 spaces bought from a Pack Merchant(s).
    Is the list above correct?

So what happened was when I evolved the Indrik on my 3rd character, The other 2 characters that have Nascent Indrik equipped had their mount removed as part of the evolution process which consumes a Nascent Indrik.

They had no mounts equipped after the evolution. Even with all the mount upgrades on the characters, the inventory slumped to 80.
    Since the remnant is 80 spaces, it seems to me that the 60 Bag spaces which were purchased from a Pack Merchant(s) are missing.

By the way, your reference to "mount upgrades" should be "Bag Space upgrades" (since the mount per se has nothing to do with it). Regardless of whether there is a currently active mount for a character, or whether any mount at all currently exists, the amount of Bag space acquired by Riding Lessons for that character remains unchanged.

Personally, the only Nascent Indrik that I have activated for a character was the first one, so that I could see what the character and mount would look like in-game. I probably returned to using another mount for that character soon after, and I have never activated a Nascent Indrik as a mount for any character since. Lucky me. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on December 31, 2019 1:05AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    It certainly does appear that what you have discovered is a flaw in the implementation of the software design (i.e., a "bug").

They had no mounts equipped after the evolution. Even with all the mount upgrades on the characters, the inventory slumped to 80.
    By the way, the OP states their total Bag space as 140, but 60 + 2 + 60 = 122 spaces. For what it is worth, after a character is created, they begin with 40 spaces in their Bags.

I think, OP meant that they bought 2 bag space upgrades, meaning 2 x 10 = 20. Plus the upgraded mount (60), plus the starting inventory space, which I am very sure is 60 and not 40, since I just rolled a new toon a few days ago, and he started out with 65 (because of the Bristleneck War Boar). All in all that makes 140.

@chuable Wow, that is one hell of a bad bug! Not only because of the inventory space in itself that went missing, but you also lost around 30 items per character? To say that "that sucks" is not even really enough. Depending on the items I don't know what I'd do if that happenend to me. I really hope, someone from support will be able to help you eventually.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Lunar_Silver
    Lunar_Silver
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, yesterday I had the same issue on ps4 eu
  • chuable
    chuable

I think, OP meant that they bought 2 bag space upgrades, meaning 2 x 10 = 20. Plus the upgraded mount (60), plus the starting inventory space, which I am very sure is 60 and not 40, since I just rolled a new toon a few days ago, and he started out with 65 (because of the Bristleneck War Boar). All in all that makes 140.

@chuable Wow, that is one hell of a bad bug! Not only because of the inventory space in itself that went missing, but you also lost around 30 items per character? To say that "that sucks" is not even really enough. Depending on the items I don't know what I'd do if that happenend to me. I really hope, someone from support will be able to help you eventually.

Feels bad for the holiday season, some items lost were stack of materials accumulated over time; kind'a like a progress wipe XD

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @CassandraGemini
    By the way, the OP states their total Bag space as 140, but 60 + 2 + 60 = 122 spaces. For what it is worth, after a character is created, they begin with 40 spaces in their Bags.
    Heh .... apparently you were replying to my initial reply while I was editing it to remove that remark.

For what it may be worth to everyone who reads this discussion (from my archives):

THE COST OF INCREASING STORAGE SPACES

excerpted from a reply from ESOTU Support (2019-11-10 PATCH 2.2.4)

You can buy inventory space by purchasing pack upgrades from pack merchants. Upgrading your bags increases their size by 10, from 60 slots to 110 (?) slots. Pack merchants are in almost every major city in Tamriel. The price to upgrade your inventory space is:

60 to 70 bag slots cost 400 gold
    70 to 80 bag slots cost 2,000 gold
    80 to 90 bag slots cost 5,900 gold
    90 to 100 bag slots cost 11,900 gold
    100 to 110 bag slots cost 19,200 gold
    110 to 120 bag slots cost 30,700 gold
    120 to 130 bag slots cost 46,000 gold
    130 to 140 bag slots cost 64,500 gold

You can buy bank slot by purchasing upgrades from the banker. Upgrading your bags (bank slots -ed.) increases their size by 10, from 60 slots to 130 (?) slots. The price to upgrade your bank space is:

60 to 70 bank slots cost 1,000 gold
    70 to 80 bank slots cost 3,300 gold
    80 to 90 bank slots cost 6,800 gold
    90 to 100 bank slots cost 11,400 gold
    100 to 110 bank slots cost 20,500 gold
    110 to 120 bank slots cost 28,300 gold
    120 to 130 bank slots cost 32,700 gold
    130 to 140 bank slots cost 37,500 gold
    140 to 150 bank slots cost 42,700 gold
    150 to 160 bank slots cost 45,000 gold
    160 to 170 bank slots cost 50,000 gold
    170 to 180 bank slots cost 55,000 gold
    180 to 190 bank slots cost 60,000 gold
    190 to 200 bank slots cost 65,000 gold
    200 to 210 bank slots cost 70,000 gold
    210 to 220 bank slots cost 75,000 gold
    220 to 230 bank slots cost 80,000 gold
    230 to 240 bank slots cost 85,000 gold

NOTE (by OP): At this writing, for bag space on a horse (mount), the cost is 250 GP per slot for a maximum of 20 slots (5000 GP total). The effects of "riding lessons" are bound to the avatar, not to the mount. So bag space cannot be increased by purchasing an additional mount(s).

As to whether the costs listed above have remained the same since the information was provided to me, I do not know.

Edited by Shadowshire on December 31, 2019 1:33AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CassandraGemini
    Heh .... apparently you were replying to my initial reply while I was editing it to remove that remark.

Oh, yeah... just noticed you changed that. Damn, should've waited a bit longer, before letting my OCD kick in :D
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• chuable
    chuable
    140 bag space from my characters, here is the break down:

60 base inventory from character
    +
    2 bag upgrades = 20 slots
    +
    60 mount upgrades

= 140

the bug removes mount, truncating inventory as a result (-60) = 80
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this too.

You lose all your mount bonuses when the Nascent Indrik is active on one toon and you morph it on another. Mount bonuses are in fact mount-based - while they’re not unique to a particular mount, they are only in effect while you have a mount active, so the forcible removal of the Nascent leaves a toon that had it “active” without any mount bonuses - speed, stamina, or carry capacity. (There is no mount that a toon defaults to automatically in order to replace the lost Nascent.) You get the same message when trying to mount on such a toon as on an account that has no mount at all, at least until you assign a new one. The mount bonuses likewise return upon assigning a new active mount in Collections, but any inventory exceeding the limit will be lost when you lose your mount bonuses upon deactivation of the Nascent.

This is a terrible oversight on the part of the devs. They need either to program an automatic default to a different mount when the Nascent is removed or to implement safeguards to prevent morphing a Nascent if it’s currently assigned to any toons on the account.

All the best in getting your items back, OP.