The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Players abusing health desyncs with bows

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there not a fix yet to prevent players from abusing this? Can we report players doing this? I know that players were getting banned for abusing the Blazing Shield glitch. Why isn't abusing desyncs with bows treated the same?
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is more annoying that to be spammed by lethal arrow 5 times on your death recap, not even knowing you are

What is worse i never had this problem, it just started for me yesterday and day before. I run, keep chasing one guy and then bum - dead. Lethal with some light attacks on it
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    Nothing is more annoying that to be spammed by lethal arrow 5 times on your death recap, not even knowing you are

What is worse i never had this problem, it just started for me yesterday and day before. I run, keep chasing one guy and then bum - dead. Lethal with some light attacks on it

Those 5 lethal arrows on your recap is from 2 and the DoTs. Light attacks to proc bow enchant.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there not a fix yet to prevent players from abusing this? Can we report players doing this? I know that players were getting banned for abusing the Blazing Shield glitch. Why isn't abusing desyncs with bows treated the same?

Thats one hell of an accusation to make. Put the video up

Health desync- server issue in which some imoprtant real time movements of the hit box doesnt get registered in the server or it gets registered late.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banned players for something they cant control fully i run an bow build and some times it acts up ill get bugged in my snipe holding bow high in the air for like 2 or 3 minutes not shooting out anything nor able to use other skills but once it unbugs it will shoot out 3 to 4 shots that i myself didn't intend to use as i was only trying to use the skill how should that be worth an banned? I get its bs that it happens but even as the user i dont like it happening as it lowers my dps and misses up my rotation as i
    Snipe>cloak>ha>cloak>la>poison injection>cloak
    So that my skills all crit due to timing of each skill and cloak passives
    So yes i see your point but do you see mine we all dont like to spam snipe only them that dont know how to play does tbh
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    all depends on which side of the fence you sit on whether or not this could be deemed as an exploit, for those that use the skill its part of their build, should not have to give up something because it can cause an unintended effect in certain situations, for those that are effected it may feel as though player go out of their way to exploit this, which is in essence accusing them of cheating which is a very harsh and serious accusation to make. De-sync's happen for many reasons its part of ESO life
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sometimes get a desync from other things than snipe. Should those players get a ban as well?
    Just yesterday I got hit with an onslaught that didn't take effect for about 7 seconds. I escaped the player then dropped dead out of nowhere. Should that be ban worthy? I regularly get a desync in trials...who takes the ban for that one?

Snipe is just the most obvious case of desync. But you're willfully fooling yourself if you think desync isn't happening everywhere. That's not on players, it's on the servers not being able to catch up with the on screen action.
    Edited by Kel on January 3, 2020 10:12AM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not up to the player to fix server problems. I don't use snipe and sometimes die very quickly, too, but it's not the player's fault who use this skill.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the “best” players on Xbox:

Run up heavy attack me, I fall over dead. Then it shows Onslaught>Surprise Attack>Surprise Attack

Or

DBoS>Spin>Spin>Spin

I’m fairly certain that with how easy it is to mitigate ultimates and heal oneself, that without desync’s most of Cyrodiil would never die.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..