The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can we stop Mages Wrath killstealing? It's been three years already

Ivan04
Ivan04
✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone, it's been an issue for a long time now, promises have been made to address it, some things got changed - the RNG implosion got removed, that was nice, but not enough so far.

So, here's my statement: Mage's Wrath is a significantly more unfair form of killstealing than any other execute. Why? Well, it's simple! That's because you apply it and then, normally, someone else actually gets the kill, while you get the recognition. Using any other execute to steal kills in deathmatch requires you to actually deal the last bit of damage, actually work for it, concentrate of the target.

I want to apologize to all sorc mains in advance, and to tell them - trust me, you'll enjoy the game a lot more when you'll be recognized for your kills not only by the game system, but also by other players.
I get that coding is hard, it might create problems etc. But I mean, come on, how hard can it be to tweak the ability a little bit? Like, make the explosion work only if it's triggered by the player that applied Mages Wrath. That would be significanly more fair, albeit there'd still be plenty of other issues.

With love,
yours truly
Ivan04
Edited by Ivan04 on December 24, 2019 3:10PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How hard can it be to tweak the scoring system instead of nerfing an ability?
  • Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭
    Solution: Kill share like BF has.
    Soon cp1000

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf sorcs!
    ps
    my main is a sorc but i dont use wrath. not because im a good boy and i dont want to steal frags actually i want. there are too much healing and too many tanky people in my matches so wrath is useless most of the time and waste one precious slot.
    Edited by oxygen_thief on December 26, 2019 11:14PM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    two teams fixes this issue that has never existed in any other mmo because every other mmo has two teams

really makes you think
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passive, no skill and automatic. Just plain overpowered skill.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The killing blow being the factor for score in a game with 3 teams, makes about as much sense as 3 way capture the flag, it's not a thing. Having a pre-placed execute that goes off no matter who brings the person in range, it makes for lame times, especially if you want to play something that isn't just blowing things up, my warden lately gets high scores with assists all for the other team 1 million damage is common so is going 0-5-20 and losing, but with sorc on my team or a execute bot DK it works really well.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, getting someone into execute range doesn't mean that you were the one who was going to kill them. You can kill steal with every execute, without putting any work into it other than hitting the execute. And when I do run my sorc, most of my kill stealing is actually applying wrath to a player who is already within execute range. It isn't worth the cast to pre apply and hope it goes off unless I am the one bursting the player down.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melee executes require you to actually be near the target and hit it at the time they are low, poison inject doesn't work for executing let alone kill stealing, there isn't really any other spells to compare to a max range burst execute that can be applied before the target is even in range, you can wrath somebody you can see is going to get pressure and just go back to heal spam when kills are hard earned it's for sure worth it, and proc vulnerable too rofl. I don't really mind that it's a thing not that it matters but it does make deathmatch a bit of a joke at times, the thing actually that most bothers me is when there is a sorc on my team and they are not precasting wrath and I constantly am unable to secure kills on my necro or warden because of pariah/cross healing which would be solved by look at which one I dps and just pony up with the wrath spam.