The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Max HP for CP Cyrodiil and BG ?

Heimdarm
Heimdarm
✭✭✭
Hi!

I have a magDK melee dps build. It has lower dps than others, but it can give pressure, debuff enemies and also very tanky. It's definetly not a tank, but a DPS that can withstand a lot of incoming dmg. I would like to ask, how much max HP is suggested for a melee dps in CP Cyirodiil and in BGs. I found my monster set and one of my armor sets, but I am still thinking on the second 5 piece.

I am using Grothdarr monster and swift set for 5 piece. The second five piece I am thinking about is lich sustain set, so I can make all my jewelleries infused and spell dmg. The other option is warrior-poet, as it gives me a ton of HP + resistances, in this case I go with infused mag reckovery jewellery. The third option would be a damage set with also mag reckovery infused jewellery.

My main dilemma is between warrior poet or lich sustain, but not sure how much HP should I have. Please give me your thoughts about this.

edit: grammar
Edited by Heimdarm on December 29, 2019 8:33AM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    low 20s for BGs, high 20s for Cyrodiil. putting tristat glyphs on your big pieces should get you close to where you need to be.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Heimdarm
    Heimdarm
    ✭✭✭
    thank you!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lich is a solid back bar sustain set for DK. Combine a sustain set with a damage set (Ele Succession, Spinner, BSW) and Bloodspawn and that's what a lot of DKs are wearing.

IMO Warrior Poet is not very useful unless you just want to be a high health tank.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    If current cyro trends are anything to go by, anywhere from 35k-60k is what you should be aiming for ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are playing your MagDK like a frontline brawler, which is how I like playing it, nothing beats desert rose for sustain from my experience. With constant dots on you and frequent direct damage hits you will proc it almost on cooldown and get a ton of sustain from it. The 2, 3 and 4 piece bonus are also very nice for DK with a line of health and armor in there. I like it over sets like lich, since DK offers zero recovery bonusses but synergizes better with a brawler playstyle so you will get more out of desert rose. Plus point if you're also a vampire: it procs in mistform as well. But I personally prefer RAT.

As for health, I like to have it a bit on the high side on MagDK. For both BG's and open world I prefer around 28k health. As a DK you are always up there in melee, and as such you are vulnerable to being onslaughted which every other meta monkey is running right now. Higher health pool gives you a lot of room for recovery and more importantly it increases your offensive window which is vital for the sort of spec you are trying to make. If you constantly need to go on backbar you can't really apply that constant pressure.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree Desert Rose is a very solid solid set even if it's not as popular as it was in its heyday. However it has to be on both bars to work, and you also want sets which increase spell damage to be on your back bar for heals. So that limits its viability for builds which want to run an extra 2 piece or arena weapon on one bar or the other.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play a lot of bgs but a lot in cyrodiil, my perfect health is 25k +-1k. Anymore than that and it's a waste of other resources in my mind.

But the best thing you can do is try out for yourself and play with different types of builds. There is no right answer, it's all about your own preference.
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on December 31, 2019 7:17PM