The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamdk skill setup

Pogues
Pogues
When researching builds I usually see people running either shuffle/ rally, or cauterize/ forward momentum. Would 1 be better then the other for solo survivability? Or maybe a different option as I'm just starting to play the class. Thanks
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pogue as in P.o.t.G.?

kek
    Edited by ChunkyCat on December 29, 2019 3:37PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pogues wrote: »
    When researching builds I usually see people running either shuffle/ rally, or cauterize/ forward momentum. Would 1 be better then the other for solo survivability? Or maybe a different option as I'm just starting to play the class. Thanks

Cauterize for solo survivability, hands down. Nothing beats a 10k pop every 5 sec.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its up to your armor preference.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 31, 2019 6:34PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've played medium armor stam DK on and off since One Tamriel, DW + 2H at the time. While I always liked the mobility of that setup, e.g. the greater sprint speed and dodge roll sustain, there is absolutely no question in my mind that a heavy armor build using 2H + 1H+S, which I am playing now, performs better on stam DK. The tankiness is such that I'd even question the need for Forward Momentum, although I have retained it as long time fan of that skill. Cauterize + Forward Momentum for me.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I've played medium armor stam DK on and off since One Tamriel, DW + 2H at the time. While I always liked the mobility of that setup, e.g. the greater sprint speed and dodge roll sustain, there is absolutely no question in my mind that a heavy armor build using 2H + 1H+S, which I am playing now, performs better on stam DK. The tankiness is such that I'd even question the need for Forward Momentum, although I have retained it as long time fan of that skill. Cauterize + Forward Momentum for me.

I used to play a lot with dw+2h setups in Bgs and group play however this patch Its all about building tanky and and then bursting down people, as result dual wield builds are hot garbage.