The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poor frame rate again...10 to 30 at best....

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
Pretty hard to play at these low rates....
I know nutting....
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pc?

a few things that can help - turn water reflections and shadow way down

turn view range and particla range / systems down

that both helps a lot...also some post processing effects take quite a toll on performance.

If you are on pc, adaptive video settings add on also helps a ton which automatically adjusts view distance depending on frame rate (usually your frame rate is low in areas where you dont need view distance).
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I usually run at 60-80 FPS in most areas....had this same issue a few days ago. PC...NVidia 1070.
    I know nutting....
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Memory Leak...
    Just restart your client everytime performance becomes too bad and FPS will be at normal values again
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you just installed the new NVIDIA driver/GeForce package?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't there computer. I have turned my setting down to medium, all special effects off, bought a better computer, turn off all but my PvP add-ons, and I'm still getting 7 FPS and 353 ping. ZOS fix your game or sell it to someone who actually has a passion to improve the game. (Yes, I just left Cyrodiil because it was too laggy to play.)
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't there computer. I have turned my setting down to medium, all special effects off, bought a better computer, turn off all but my PvP add-ons, and I'm still getting 7 FPS and 353 ping. ZOS fix your game or sell it to someone who actually has a passion to improve the game. (Yes, I just left Cyrodiil because it was too laggy to play.)

Their*

Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    Pretty hard to play at these low rates....

Restart the game or check your addons if uts pc, ppl seem to forget addons can cause fps drop too, especially the minimap.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe also look if that shadow shader cook file thingy in documents is larger than 12-14mb and delete it
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people dont forget addons can cause fps drops, some of us know that and are still seeing greatly reduced fps since the latest "memory management" patch. It is a well know memory leak. Restarting client alleviates it for a little while until you need to restart it again.

When I run almost no addons (and I test them to see their memory usage), have a 2080 graphics card and have optimized my settings for max fps and can get well over 100 (>140 usually) but it only lasts for 30min and I watch my memory use from eso gradually increase from 20% to 50% in that time, I think I can put the blame on ZOS
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is at its worst performance ever, i understand some people here are trying to be constructive by giving OP a few recommendations but even putting this game in the lowest settings, straight up potato mode will not help at all against the sudden 10fps and without counting the bugs that begin to kick in as well. High hopes for the new rumored client update to be the true Hero of Tamriel.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    The game is at its worst performance ever, i understand some people here are trying to be constructive by giving OP a few recommendations but even putting this game in the lowest settings, straight up potato mode will not help at all against the sudden 10fps and without counting the bugs that begin to kick in as well. High hopes for the new rumored client update to be the true Hero of Tamriel.

This

• Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its memory leak or something similar like someone already mentioned. I get 70-100 fps when porting to some zone. After spending there about 15-20 min my fps drops to 30s and sometimes even 20s. Then I go to another zone and I get 70-100 again for 15 min.
    So turning stuff down or off doesn't help. You can only get more fps temporarily. They need to fix the game.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people dont forget addons can cause fps drops, some of us know that and are still seeing greatly reduced fps since the latest "memory management" patch. It is a well know memory leak. Restarting client alleviates it for a little while until you need to restart it again.

When I run almost no addons (and I test them to see their memory usage), have a 2080 graphics card and have optimized my settings for max fps and can get well over 100 (>140 usually) but it only lasts for 30min and I watch my memory use from eso gradually increase from 20% to 50% in that time, I think I can put the blame on ZOS

That's what I don't get, if I'm on eso all day 6 hers or more a day, why gave I not had this issue? Not saying it's not there, I have seen the leak using tools to track it, but why is it not affecting me?
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭

An increase of 20% to 50% is not any evidence of a memory leak
    It’s evidence of increased memory being used

How do you know it’s not cached, or by design ?

I don’t doubt there may be leaks, but to derive that you’ll need to do memory dumps and comparisons using dev tools, something which no one in this community has done yet