The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I apply a costume to my character?

jkmooney
jkmooney
I would like to apply the "Skinchanger Robe" to my character (unlocked from using a collected scroll). It says I can do so for 1000 gold but all the game seems to allow me to do is "preview" it. What am I missing?

Thanks.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To apply an outfit style (which is what you're trying to do - it's a different thing from a costume), you need to use an outfit station, which are also used to dye armor. Go to the Outfits tab and make sure you have "Outfit 1" selected, and then you can apply any outfit styles and/or dyes you have available that you want to use.

Note that if you ever just want to dye the armor you're wearing, you'll want to have "No Outfit" selected so it doesn't charge you gold unnecessarily.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • jkmooney
    jkmooney
    Thanks, I'll give that a try now...