Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Battalion defender and symphony

mobicera
mobicera
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been messing around with different non meta tank builds since I've come back from my break and I'm curious about this gear combo.
I want to know if battalion defender will proc symphony of blades.
It seems like it should but honestly I'm not completely sure...
I was using orbs to proc symphony for 3 dps runs, but I'm curious if battalion will also work...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yknow there's a Combat & Character Mechanics category this fits in.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug if it does not.

Other options:

The simplest method to proc Symphony is probably Lifesteal (from Altar). I have extensively tested that it counts as a heal for provcing buffs (like Toughness) and heal proccing sets like Symphony.

You mentioned Orbs: Budd Seeds, RoP, Ritual, Mender, Refresh Path among others are all nice options on a tank for 3 DPS particularly if one of those DDs is a mag (presumably using mystic orb).
    Options
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya, lets not help someone, just add useless info about a different place to ask. Good answer, nice salt lol.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iirc sets do not proc each other. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should work I know it proc's Troll King and a few other healing sets have not tried with that set though.

Probably won't be as useful in the DLC dungeons where the bosses move around more but for the older ones that you can stack and burn it should be a good set up.
    Options
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to use it as a major heal source there's a bunch of things you can do to push it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2nmWa68_Jk
    Options
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thadjarvis wrote: »

Other options:

The simplest method to proc Symphony is probably Lifesteal (from Altar). I have extensively tested that it counts as a heal for provcing buffs (like Toughness) and heal proccing sets like Symphony.

You mentioned Orbs: Budd Seeds, RoP, Ritual, Mender, Refresh Path among others are all nice options on a tank for 3 DPS particularly if one of those DDs is a mag (presumably using mystic orb).

Honestly when I was thinking about symphony I didn't think of alter, I recall it had a cast time, didn't it? I could be wrong though.
    But instant cast for about 2000 hp for 30ish seconds is pretty useful...
    So thanks I put that on to proc symphony and am leveling the reduce cost morph now...
    I'm going to test out battalion and symphony with no other heal later I guess, was just hoping someone would already know...
    I dunno maybe I can convince someone to die and see if it procs when we rez them...
    On ps4 so testing probably isn't as easy
    Options
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    thadjarvis wrote: »

Other options:

Honestly when I was thinking about symphony I didn't think of alter, I recall it had a cast time, didn't it? I could be wrong though.
    But instant cast for about 2000 hp for 30ish seconds is pretty useful...
    So thanks I put that on to proc symphony and am leveling the reduce cost morph now...
    I'm going to test out battalion and symphony with no other heal later I guess, was just hoping someone would already know...
    I dunno maybe I can convince someone to die and see if it procs when we rez them...
    On ps4 so testing probably isn't as easy

Sanguine altar costs 2100 health and lasts for 45 seconds.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on December 30, 2019 10:58PM
    Options
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes blood altar got big buffs: it’s basically free and can be cast while blocking. Nowadays you need a lot of strong reasons not to slot it somewhere in support(s) role(s).

Note unmodified altar 600*4 will do as much healing as battalion defender 2k (but you can push it higher).
    Options