The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

All should have movement options. A BUFF TEMPLAR AND DK STORY

phoenixkungfu
phoenixkungfu
✭✭✭✭
Hi all. I'm known for many things (mostly the counter gameplay guy). On my quest for giving guidance. Different point of veiw have been disguised by different players. One of which is movement. Movement in gameplay is in need of gameplay balance. Some issue is the ability to snare many and make yourself faster(with major expedition) and DOUBLE DIP in movement. This is the ultimate movement option in eso. I call for all snare to be remove from abilities that damage. In return give dk and templar a buff with the class abilities to have major expedition.
Some suggestions to attach major expedition to is.
Restoring aura(templar)
Wings(dk)
Fiery GRIP option without target(dk)
Edited by phoenixkungfu on December 28, 2019 8:22PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild and Weapon skill lines were meant to fill gaps within the class skill lines.

If you can’t figure out how to fill in the gaps, then it’s literally a L2P issue.

Next.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a buff post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see you starting to grapple with how your ideas about every class having equal abilities in their class skill toolkit should impact more than just Sorcs.

ZOS is unlikely to agree, but I appreciate the beginnings of logical consistency.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Guild and Weapon skill lines were meant to fill gaps within the class skill lines.

If you can’t figure out how to fill in the gaps, then it’s literally a L2P issue.

Next.

I am with you on this. OP says it is a "buff post" but it is really I want thing different than they are just because I want them different.

Fiery Grip option without a target is a great example of this.
    Edited by idk on December 28, 2019 2:36PM
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also templar and dk are DOUBLE DIPPING IN SNARE AND MAJOR EXPEDITION. Some say the flash is fast just because of his speed. But the flash is also fast because of his reflexes based on his ability to slow things down. Snare provides this point. I call for a buff because the double DIPPING is op to these classes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a buff post

You sure about that?
    " I call for all snare to be remove from abilities that damage."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Next.

I am with you on this. OP says it is a "buff post" but it is really I want thing different than they are just because I want them different.

Fiery Grip option without a target is a great example of this.

The OP is largely riffing off the post where I called them out on being inconsistent for wanting buffs to sorc without also being willing to consider that other classes need to be buffed to match Sorc in some gameplay areas, namely mobility and executes.

The example was Streak vs Fiery Grip, where Streak allows Sorcs to freely reposition and Fiery Grip (empowering chains) requires a target and only repositions to the enemy.

So now we get this post, in which the OP at least tries to figure out what this idea of "every class should have an equal toolkit" actually looks like beyond calling for Sorc buffs. Its still a bad example, since Fiery Grip without a target would only be equivalent to Boundless Storm, not the free repositioning of Streak.

Now, its still absolutely true that ZOS has no interest in making all the classes have an exactly equal toolkit like the OP wants. No doubt Sorcs will retain their unique ability to freely reposition with Streak and DKs will continue to lack executes.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Removing all snares from dmg skills is far from a buff post.
    2. Dk does lack a way to disengage. whenever i dk u feel like i am commiting to engage if i engage (unless people start running around rocks then i just walk away) and is the main problem most people have withdk in cyro (nb has invis, sorc streak, warden wings)
    3. i dont think it is actually a problem. Dk does have the theme and feeling of "melee class" therefore the amount of pressure dk can generate and gap closers he has are more than other classes. I mean ye, it is totally less suited for open world cyro... But if u really want to run u can pop invisability potion.
    4. Same about templars, if class keeps good melee pressure he shouldn't have it ez disengaging, that's why stam sorc/den/nb are popular in solo play. Cause they can do both. Keep pressure and stay mobile
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any class can be mobile. Only a few classes can double dip and snare plus be mobile on demand. Once again this combination is the ultimate mobility in eso.
    Buff templar and dk mobility.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any class can be mobile. Only a few classes can double dip and snare plus be mobile on demand. Once again this combination is the ultimate mobility in eso.

Yeah but who really uses chains on a MagDk lol.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make dk stick to target once they chain them. So sorc streaks way, Dk goes with them able to attack the entire time. Then you can take their snares or roots
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer is a class with certain strengths and weaknesses that reinforces their identity. Same with DK (my main).

We have provisioning and alchemy to allow any class to have access to performance unseen in any other way. Your suggestion negates the benefits of these crucial skill lines.

Tl;dr: Respectfully, we have what you are asking for in the form of alchemy and other skill lines with respect to play/counter play.
    Edited by Bradyfjord on December 28, 2019 11:50PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah but who really uses chains on a MagDk lol.

Forum sorcs, on their imaginary and obviously very overpowered magDKs. I've even read people saying its a great skill for stamDk with a very fair cost :)
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 29, 2019 12:14AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Make dk stick to target once they chain them. So sorc streaks way, Dk goes with them able to attack the entire time. Then you can take their snares or roots

It could be something like "guard" - and can be used both offensively and defensively. Grants DK speed cap if he is within 20 meters of target :D
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, you post something I can agree with. Major expedition or minor expedition on dk wings should have been a thing years ago. Having it on chains is just dumb.

You have finally got a +1 from me.

I have spoken.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Any smart sorc streak towards the dk twice, one to stun him and let him burn his precious stamina, and the other to open the gap.

No stam, no way to catch the sorc
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Any smart sorc streak towards the dk twice, one to stun him and let him burn his precious stamina, and the other to open the gap.

No stam, no way to catch the sorc

uh...Race Against Time? But more like Immovables, fossilize, beat them shields off, LEAP lol
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you think that all classes should have class-based abilities that are all equal? The POINT of these differences is that there's give and take between classes.

And as Chunky said, there are skill lines available to every player that grant mobility: Channeled Acceleration. Rapids. Etc. if you're talking PvE, there are sets that grant this (Vicious Serpent, False Gods).

DK wings absolutely should not grant expedition. The skill has nothing to do with speed. It's not hard to find other sources of Major Exp outside of class skills...
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DKs and templars are apparently fine without it. I only really need expedition buffs to actually use flurry :D

Wait, aren't the forums always complaining and suggesting templar is #1 in PvP right now? So why exactly would you or anyone else think they need a buff...? Hmm...
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK and templar don't need necessarily need it anymore than magsorc needs a class spammable. Both morphs of Accelerate exist for movement speed. Race against time and vampire mist are both ways to remove snares and disengage.
    Edited by Somewhere on December 30, 2019 4:42AM