The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gold Imperial Style - From Event?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I just found that I had a gold Imperial Style in my bag. I am assuming I got it from the event, but I am not sure since I open loot containers too quickly and don't always pay attention.

I had just bought it too, so I am hoping to minimize my cost loss by selling it for the same I bought it for a few weeks ago ($75K). That would just cause me to lose the guild (and system?) cut from the guild vendor.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can sell the one you found for the same price you bought it, just check what the trader's fee is when you are creating the listing.
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 3, 2019 3:51PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can sell the one you found for the same price you bought it, just check what the trader's fee is when you are creating the listing.

Yeah hardly worth making a forum thread about it...
    PC EU
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it’s the listing fee and guild cut taking from his/her profit that is the issue.

You could try selling in zone chat for $75 and getting the full value, but there is a risk of getting scammed that way. Also, it might take you forever to sell it.

I’d list it and take the loss, go farm a public dungeon for an hour or so and you’ll get at least 15k gold to make up for it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did list it for 75K gold and will keep relisting until it sells.

I was also trying to figure out exactly what I got it for, in case anyone knew.

I can remake the gold quite fast by doing the crafting dailies, though I am a bit burned out on those for a while so I have been taking a break on them.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on December 4, 2019 5:02AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get the listing fee back if the item sells; if it doesn't sell, then the listing fee is lost.

The Imperial style book is lootable from any container that normally drops the blue and purple motif books. It's extremely rare, though, because crafting in that racial style is a perk of owning the Imperial upgrade. And thus, why is still sells for 70-80k.

It used to be blue when the game launched, but was quickly upgraded to gold. My spouse got an Imperial Style book when it was still blue. I don't know if it was more common when it was blue, or if they just upgraded the color to match its rarity.

I did buy one that was around 40k years ago and another that I snatched up at 8k. I've actually looted 5 of these in-game. Rather than selling them, though, I had other characters learn them, since I have a goal of all my characters knowing all the original base-game motifs. Just my three new characters (9-11) don't know it.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    You get the listing fee back if the item sells; if it doesn't sell, then the listing fee is lost.

The Imperial style book is lootable from any container that normally drops the blue and purple motif books. It's extremely rare, though, because crafting in that racial style is a perk of owning the Imperial upgrade. And thus, why is still sells for 70-80k.

It used to be blue when the game launched, but was quickly upgraded to gold. My spouse got an Imperial Style book when it was still blue. I don't know if it was more common when it was blue, or if they just upgraded the color to match its rarity.

I did buy one that was around 40k years ago and another that I snatched up at 8k. I've actually looted 5 of these in-game. Rather than selling them, though, I had other characters learn them, since I have a goal of all my characters knowing all the original base-game motifs. Just my three new characters (9-11) don't know it.

So I may have gotten it from looting something rather than the event? Has anyone else seen it in the dragon drop containers?

I am just curious. It really doesn't matter that much. I can make the entire 75K gold back quickly if I ever get motivated to do crafting dailies again.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So I may have gotten it from looting something rather than the event? Has anyone else seen it in the dragon drop containers?

I am just curious. It really doesn't matter that much. I can make the entire 75K gold back quickly if I ever get motivated to do crafting dailies again.

The imperial motif is a random world loot item that is a rare drop. Essentially it can drop from looting anything from a backpack to a chest to a desk. So it is possible that they are in dragons. Or you could have gotten it from a bunch of other sources.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The imperial motif is a random world loot item that is a rare drop. Essentially it can drop from looting anything from a backpack to a chest to a desk. So it is possible that they are in dragons. Or you could have gotten it from a bunch of other sources.

Only motif drops I’ve got from dragon loot are Pellitine in Northern Elsweyr and Dragonguard in Southern Elsweyr. It’s more likely you got it from a container. I’ve fought a lot of dragons in both zones too.

EDIT: That’s only when I get the dailies too. If I just fight a Northern Elsweyr dragon to get the tickets, I don’t get any motifs because I didn’t pick up the daily (which I’ve already done 30 or more of these)
    Edited by katanagirl1 on December 7, 2019 5:26AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Only motif drops I’ve got from dragon loot are Pellitine in Northern Elsweyr and Dragonguard in Southern Elsweyr. It’s more likely you got it from a container. I’ve fought a lot of dragons in both zones too.

EDIT: That’s only when I get the dailies too. If I just fight a Northern Elsweyr dragon to get the tickets, I don’t get any motifs because I didn’t pick up the daily (which I’ve already done 30 or more of these)

Yeah...I've never received a motif of any kind from the document pouches from the dragons. Just edicts, treasure maps, provisioning recipes, and furnishing plans. But, it is possible that it's an extremely rare drop from those pouches, as it's pretty stinking rare overall.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got a couple of Dragonguard Elite motifs I recall. I assume those came from Dragon kill drops.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah...I've never received a motif of any kind from the document pouches from the dragons. Just edicts, treasure maps, provisioning recipes, and furnishing plans. But, it is possible that it's an extremely rare drop from those pouches, as it's pretty stinking rare overall.

Oh right, the motif drops come from the dragon daily reward boxes. I open all that stuff at once and forget where it comes from, lol!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial style book is lootable from any container that normally drops the blue and purple motif books. It's extremely rare, though, because crafting in that racial style is a perk of owning the Imperial upgrade.

I must have found it four times, because I now know it on four characters.

The first two times, I most likely found it in a container or dresser in the Saint Delyn Inn in Vivec City, or possibly from another container in Vivec City.

Then I found it twice in Daggerfall. The latest time-- just the other night-- it was in one of the containers at the little pavilion between the eastern gate and the entry to the outlaws refuge, where the jesters hang out during the jesters festival. I've found the three containers there-- a trunk in a wagon, plus a coffer and backpack under the canopy-- to be fairly reliable sources of style mats, recipes, blueprints, designs, and every so often a crafting motif.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Toon_Raider
    Toon_Raider
    ✭✭✭
    got my imperial motif first day in northern elswyer on a lv3 toon. got out of the intro ran to wayshrine,saw a bag and found the motif inside.