Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 5
· NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/663391

ESO LUXURY FURNITURE VENDOR ITEMS – 2019/12/27

BenevolentBowd
BenevolentBowd
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What does the Luxury Furnisher offer this week?
The Luxury Furnisher Vendor (Zanil Theran) is located in Cicero’s Food & General Goods shop in the Hollow City, Coldharbour.

1. Banner, Outfit Small 5,000g
  2. Banker’s Sign, Large 12,000g
  3. Banner, Outfit 12,000g
  4. Merchant’s Sign, Large 12,000g
  5. Stablemaster’s Sign, Large 12,000g
  6. Banner, Furnishings 25,000g New

All 54 weeks of luxury items are on my ESO Calendar: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/

Full history of luxury furnisher items: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-luxury-furnisher-vendor-items/
Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
#TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xIS9sk3.png
    iILoZpR.png
    ICRBNGe.png
    ywN6rDE.png
    NtxxdLG.png
    bhzwYWK.png
    Jcj6PXx.png
    Edited by Enemoriana on December 28, 2019 1:14AM
    PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru.
    Houses: Erstwhile Sanctuary as actual Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade as werewolf tavern (downstairs), Strident Springs Demesne as adventurer's house.
    Wishlist: ascension to the ruby throne music box, atronach trader, aetherial well, attunable stations (have 14/80 sets collected), molten war torte and white gold war torte recipes.
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm could there be a new furnishings addition to homes next year, maybe sell your own furnishings?? That could be cool for crafters!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted also to say that I reorganized my Mournoth Keep to display all* luxury furniture items, grouped by themes. It is not primary, but if you have addon, fell free to visit it.
    Items marked with common candles are not luxury, but looks same/close, added them to compare.

It is still decorator role by default. All items should be accessible to move and rotate. Try and look them as you want, but then, please, place where it was.
    I hope nobody will break it intentionally, but if you broke something accidentally (for example, placed some item too far, behind invisible walls, where it can't be selected) or see something is not right, just pm me in game, I'll restore it (manually or with EHT backup).

*I know I miss 9 4 2 items (Ancient Orc Sapcophagus, Lid; Ancient Orc Sapcophagus, Peaked; Soul Gem, Grand; Dwarven Schematics, Technical, Dwarven Orrery, Reference; Alik'r Cactus, Hew's Bane Rug, Redguard Raincatcher, Hew's Bane Lantern, will add them next time they will appear - don't have any now. Also will add later two not-luxury-but-looks-same items. Maybe one day will add Carcass, Brown Hare and Carcass, Fresh Goose (have no crowns now).
    N1AKiV4.png
    KgUApb4.png
    wGbXDIh.png
    wKhdDtg.png
    drpCWj4.png
    ZL7ZEGt.png

UPD. Now 4 only items remain! Thanks to @Koshka-Murka!
    UPD2. Two more items! Thanks to @sau02adg!
    UPD3. Finished!
    Edited by Enemoriana on December 31, 2019 11:29AM
    PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru.
    Houses: Erstwhile Sanctuary as actual Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade as werewolf tavern (downstairs), Strident Springs Demesne as adventurer's house.
    Wishlist: ascension to the ruby throne music box, atronach trader, aetherial well, attunable stations (have 14/80 sets collected), molten war torte and white gold war torte recipes.
    Options
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the half-assed nonsense, I've seen on offer at the luxury vendor, this thing takes it to a whole new level. I though cheap reskins where the cake, but no... The bits that are basically a copy of an achievement furnishing, sans the achievement requirements, topped that, but even so... All these banners and signs, that should be cheap base game items available for purchase from regular vendors for 1000 gold or so, really seemed to be the pinnacle of stupidity and laziness.

But a furnishing banner takes even that to a whole new level. What the hell am I supposed to do with a furniture banner?!

Hang it from the walls of my keep, and proclaim to be the Lord of Loungers, the Duke of Stools?

What the hell is the purpose for wasting a week on this nonsense?

The only use for this, that I can think of, is to make a joke build in some hosue and call it the Crazy Akhmad's Second hand Furniture Emporium. Where everything is on sale, including the banner!

It's not like there is any furniture specific crafting station in the game, so it doesn't even have the mostly pointless use of notifying a crafting area in a guild house. And besides... There are already plenty of other and more useful banners for such. (Like the Master Crafter Banner)

Like are you guys for real, or just way too high on shrooms?

The whole Luxury Vendor system is based on a bad idea and suffers from lousy implementation and brainless choices for what is offered. You really should just scrap the whole thing and come up with something better. But of course you won't. We live in a day and age where no one ever fails, and nothing is ever a bad idea. Even when it bombs utterly or fails to work. You just claim that it is perfectly fine, and any issues it might have are "minor" and "of no real consequence"

Cheesh...

And in the off chance, that the big new thing for the next chapter next summer, is the ability to add vendors (no doubt only available for crowns) into our homes, and I might be tempted to make a dedicated furnishing seller... Well... I'd have to wait for a friggin half a year or so until this *** banner is available for purchase again! Banners and signs as these should be available for gold from base game furnishing vendors, and none of them should cost more than 1000 gold.

Remove them from the luxury vendor ASAP, and replace them with stuff people actually want - like planters and musical instruments! Or how about decorative railings. So many in game, and so many things one could do with those. But no... yet another pointless banner, an overpriced pointless banner to be more exact.

This week is yet again a monunemt to failure, or just a giant FU to the housing community.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently they need to add a "big pile of salt" furnishing. o:)
    Options
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir... Greatest rant ever :D
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    This week is yet again a monunemt to failure, or just a giant FU to the housing community.

Next week's new item: furniture banner, large 50,0000g
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I am glad for these because they are useful and not too expensive. I'm trying to save up a lot of gold and Zanil is the worst offender for parting us with gold. I can see uses for the furnishing banner although I doubt I'll buy it. With imagination it could be a good item.
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Don’t have to spend any gold this week.
    Options
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    @Hymzir just wait until next week when you get the smaller version of the signs 😉
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why haven't these things be=en sent off to the wood chipper yet?
    Options
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    Zanil needs an assistant....
    Options
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm. I was just thinking how silly the banker's sign is going to look in my home with just tiny Ezabi sitting beneath it. I too wish there were more interesting things for sale.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly Im glad I can save some gold this week
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*
    Where are the datamined Alinor trees, windmill and greenhouse?
    I mean, signs are nice and all but they don't look all that luxurious and should've been sold by regular vendors.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This selection really redefines what the word “luxury” means.

It seems that only the brain dead stupid ideas are let out of the “gem stone exclusive” dungheap. Everything else is hidden behind the “pay for playing” crate con.
    Options
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why haven't these things be=en sent off to the wood chipper yet?

Yah, there is somethin' nefarious goin' on, yah.
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A furniture banner? WTF? What are we supposed to use that for — yard sales?
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zanil is clearly trying to keep Tamriel's signwriters in full time work!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to see something truly special on that list given the fact Christmas was just days before... It feel a huge let down, trolling and dissapointment. :( Better days Shall come!
    Options
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never bought a sign, are they visible on your map? Would be handy if you have a pretty large territory, publicly accessible.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »

Hang it from the walls of my keep, and proclaim to be the Lord of Loungers, the Duke of Stools?

this one thanks you for causing him to spray coffee all over his laptop :smiley:
    Edited by karthrag_inak on December 28, 2019 1:50PM
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Problem is if they put great stuff on over the holiday period when people are away, there would be much wailing & complaining.

And if you check out the history of what is on each week, this wasn’t much of a surprise.

Again the problem is that if they deviate too drastically from what has gone before, there would again be complaining that people had missed out on the chance to purchase.

I do agree that they need to re-think the vendor & items - an assistant would be a good solution.

And totally agree that furnishing items should NOT be for those damn awful crate gems.
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure why there is so much angst about the new furnishing banner.

As far as I can see it can be used in multiple ways;

1) If you are selling old furniture to guildies from your house, you can use the banner to designate the area where the relevant furniture in the house is kept.

2) In a guild hall it can placed as an area where generic workstations reside, just for people who want to make some furniture quickly.

3) To hang in pride of knowing a lot of plans.

4) In an RP market or bazaar to signify a furniture selling stall. Like the setting below;

33413137358_561fa7ebc8_o.jpg

46374077845_7b82069fc8_o.jpg
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    Hm. I was just thinking how silly the banker's sign is going to look in my home with just tiny Ezabi sitting beneath it. I too wish there were more interesting things for sale.

Now I might actually buy one just to have her sit on it.....
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

4) In an RP market or bazaar to signify a furniture selling stall. Like the setting below;

Yeah, I've got a small market area in the front courtyard of my Hunding's Palatial. Nothing as nice as that, though (I really need to work on it more when the next ESO+ trial is). I also used the stable sign for the 'parking area' out by the gate where I've got a row of different wagons.
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You never know. ZOS may do something like creating a combined furniture crafting station where you don’t have to figure out where in the hell you have to go to create that obscure piece of furniture. Is it Enchanting, nope Provisioning, nope Woodworking, etc....? Then that Furniture sign might make some sense.
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could use the furnishing sign to designate a sitting and lounging about area.
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm against this while stupid ass theme because it wastes 2 weeks for regurgitated dog crap.Get rid of them they are wasting space ZOS.
    Edited by MehrunesFlagon on December 29, 2019 1:21AM
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm against this while stupid ass theme because it wastes 2 weeks for regurgitated dog crap.Get rid of them they are wasting space ZOS.

You're not required to buy the banner. And other people may like it (personally I bought three).

Save up your gold for two weeks if you don't like what they are selling.
    Options