The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tavern mini-games for future updates

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
I don’t know where to really post this but I figured this would be a decent forum, possibly safe from the salt mines lol.

So I think besides the casual RP gatherings, taverns are kind of boring and I think they could benefit from a slight overhaul. It doesn’t have to be all taverns but maybe ones in the main alliance cities or something. They could add some form of card game, maybe a mead drinking contest, arm wrestling for all the orcs out there, and basically anything we can think of that fits with the lore.

I think it would be a fun way to bring life to the taverns. It could be a way to engage with friends and guildies. You could bet, maybe win/lose gold, earn achievements/new dyes, maybe unique items or provisioning recipes.

Of course, this is something I would want after performance updates. So maybe not for well over a year. But I think it would provide some nice flair and fun to some areas of the game that could become even better social hangouts.

Let’s discuss! Do you have any thoughts on this or mini-games you would like to see?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be a number of RP Events in Taverns, some even led by Devs.

Any kind of optional activity in the game is good for me.

Rat Races, Spin the Wheel, Card Games, etc would all be fun. Some of these already exist in the game.

Problem with things like Arm Wrestling, which could be fun, is once the mechanic is figured out, it is insta win. Yes, they could use RNG to curtail that, but we all know what happens with RNG driven activities...
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should definitely implement the Royal Game of (Dagoth) Ur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZskjLq040I
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Used to be a number of RP Events in Taverns, some even led by Devs.

Any kind of optional activity in the game is good for me.

Rat Races, Spin the Wheel, Card Games, etc would all be fun. Some of these already exist in the game.

Problem with things like Arm Wrestling, which could be fun, is once the mechanic is figured out, it is insta win. Yes, they could use RNG to curtail that, but we all know what happens with RNG driven activities...

@Nestor

I agree with you. For arm wrestling I was thinking something like a button pops up periodically throughout the contest. Whether it’s controller or keyboard. It might be like “Q” then a few seconds later it is “A” then another few seconds it is “E” (change values for controller options as well) and whoever presses there first moves their opponents arm back an increment. There’s been a few games that do this, not for arm wrestling but I think it would work decently for such a mini game. What do you think?