Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Get Rid of Home/Guest Campaign Requirement Already

PhxOldGamer68
PhxOldGamer68
✭✭✭✭
With the dwindling population, we should be allowed to earn points in any campaign towards end of campaign rewards. This would be an incentive to play in any campaign.

Just thinking out of the box because something needs to change.
PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been thinking about your post a bunch the last week...

I still don't have a good answer...

at this point - I'm not sure there's enough players participating to cover 2 maps...maybe during peak hours, but, not much beyond that 4 to 6 hour window or so...

I can't though see how earning multiple end of campaign rewards could hurt...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "ZOS, I'd like to earn 150 transmute stones every month on each character instead of just 50, please!"

"Oh, and if you could raise the transmute stone cap, that would be great!"

Not likely.

(The solution we need is performance fixes. Then we might actually have a competitive population again.)
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "ZOS, I'd like to earn 150 transmute stones every month on each character instead of just 50, please!"

And this right here is why they WONT DO IT

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol a sneaky get rid of faction lock post :p
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't know - i'm all blue in Kaal over on the EU (PS4) server, but, I'm mixed with all three alliances on the NA server...

i like being all blue on EU...i have 5 blue toons and 1 red, 1 yellow...kinda sucks that the only real action i can ever get for my red and yellow toon is in battlegrounds - which is pretty distant from what cyrodiil is, but, i like being aligned in cyro with just the one alliance...

i had a moment of weakness when the necromancer class came out, and, more for role playing purposes than anything - i wanted to put those toons in different alliances...i kind of regret it now...

over in NA land though - much different story - i have 4 blue, 3 red, 3 yellow toons - all of them have been fighting in cyro (on the "main" campaign) for years...

i don't want to not wait every few months, as i rotate the alliance i play in Kaal, to play a particular character...

my question is this - has faction lock really improved: anything?
    Edited by geonsocal on December 26, 2019 7:37PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

my question is this - has faction lock really improved: anything?

No.

If anything keeping Home campaigns and removing Faction Lock is the solution.

Why do people like faction lock? Because they believe people hop to biggest zerg.

Now would they do that, if there was NO reward. Couldn't gain AP whatsoever?

You can 'Home' one campaign per faction, but enter them all. If it isn't home'd you don't get any AP.

Just let me play the characters I spent *** days leveling and equipping.
    Edited by ThePedge on December 27, 2019 9:17AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ThePedge I think that's a pretty good solution.
    The main problem is that players supposedly switch to the winning faction.
    Your idea would make it less desirable to switch if you aren't getting any AP.

Good on you for coming up with a good solution to an often complained about issue.