Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Killing players rewards you 100.000 gold?

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
I am kinda new to pvp open world and cyrodiil and I play solo.

I wonder why people chase you from 2vs1 to 20vs1 for half the map.

Killing an enemy player is giving you some crazy big reward that I am not aware of?

Because It doesn't make any sense to me.

If I see one enemy alone already fighting someone I don't go interrupt their fight and make it 2vs1...

[Edit to remove censor bypass and inappropriate content]
Edited by [Deleted User] on December 15, 2019 7:45PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zergling mentality.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just trying to hug you. Stop running away.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading salty posts on the forums is worth way more than 100000 gold :wink:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is an open world PVP zone. People are going to ride by and decide they want some of that. Or ride by and leave you to your fate, depending on their whim. If you want guaranteed 1v1s, there's dueling. Otherwise, you can't control who or how many show up to a fight.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well at least its not a faction stack. I know a certain group hurting from embarrassment that threw the campaign away for their faction just to chase after me and "farm me." They do it every time I am spotted.

Poor little me couldn't even walk to the next keep for help as I resisted dying for over 25 minutes before finally croaking as both of their scrolls were lost. Then they spammed obscenities at me and hurt my feelings, yet strangely the tears on my face were accompanied with a smile. A smile knowing that their leader was so angry over an incident I cannot mention that backfired on him that he and his group hold grudges weeks later.

And yet, despite them being 60+ tanks in a group which is why they cannot kill anyone, they come and cry on forums about tanks. Cannot make it up :D
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I would like to make gold for PvPing, 100 is a bit high. We already get about 1.5k AP for killing a player and if someone is in a large raid killing people, adding 100 gold on top would be too much. I would like to see bounty missions added (real bounty missions not the kill 25 DK, wardens, Templars, etc), new rewards for killing players (updates to the RotW since most of the time they are just good for selling for 50 gold to the merchant and something that only players who put time into fighting in Cyrodiil), and an effective way of making gold fighting in PvP (spending 100k AP to buy an item only worth 10k like a Dawn-Prism that can take days to sell is not an effective means of gaining money).

Sadly, I doubt anything like this will be added since ZOS doesn't like adding anything to PvP since it takes time and funds away from PvE.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if we were able to loot characters Gold upon their Death i would be Much Happier.
    but if you are persistent about not doing that then i will accept the 100,000 Gold offer.
    why? because you have entered a pvp area and players are going to kill your character in those pvp areas unless you fight back and atleast try to defend yourself.
    just because you dont want to engage and fight and or not fight, does not mean you will be safe.
    you are standing out in the open in a pvp area, what do you believe "should" happen?
    aliances should be removed so everyone is tarrgettable, would most certainly solve this problem.
    is very disturbing to see people just standing there.

Edited by Gilvoth on December 15, 2019 7:46PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they have a fight where you are? It's PvP.

If they chase you halfway across the map, it's because they're generally scrubs (and often poor players). Even a semi-disciplined pug group won't chase squirrels.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it's a war zone. You do everything you can to harm and impede. So if I see fighting, I assist.

More often than not though, it's one of those annoying hard to kill tank builds that loiter around resources.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    self feeding mechanism, it happens to us, we do it to them. Even if you just watch the fight someone comes along with other ideas, then you get 2 v 1'd for your 'sportsmanship'
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    if we were able to loot characters Gold upon their Death i would be Much Happier.
    but if you are persistent about not doing that then i will accept the 100,000 Gold offer.
    why? because you have entered a pvp area and players are going to kill your character in those pvp areas unless you fight back and atleast try to defend yourself.
    just because you dont want to engage and fight and or not fight, does not mean you will be safe.
    you are standing out in the open in a pvp area, what do you believe "should" happen?
    aliances should be removed so everyone is tarrgettable, would most certainly solve this problem.

You know, the moment you can loot anything from people upon death is the moment you see pre emptied inventories/gold purses on everyone.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

You know, the moment you can loot anything from people upon death is the moment you see pre emptied inventories/gold purses on everyone.

Yep. Hence why the commonly given advice for Tel Var farming is "bank early and bank often" and we still get players complaining about losing their hard earned Tel Var.

The risk/reward of losing their stuff doesn't seem to be a draw for the majority of players.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am a lazy person, I don't like chasing enemies but sometimes they keep coming back if you don't kill them so yeah if that is the case I will chase them until their base

giphy.gif
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Yep. Hence why the commonly given advice for Tel Var farming is "bank early and bank often" and we still get players complaining about losing their hard earned Tel Var.

The risk/reward of losing their stuff doesn't seem to be a draw for the majority of players.

The main reason why people complain about losing telvar is because TIC is normally dead therefore there is little to no risk to begin with therefore people’s guards are down when there is actually someone to lose telvar too. Once there is a decent sized population and there is a legit risk of losing telvar then you will see people carry just enough to make farming efficient or just simply not carry any at all (as gankblades already do). If ZOS ever implicates a system where you lose gold in a pvp, I’ll simply have no gold on that toon. If you can lose gear, well you will never see me in pvp land unless I just want to throw away overland/dropped gear for no reason
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the player, if they have a high bounty then you can get a quest from one of the justice system NPC’s to hunt them down and collect, for massive rewards in gold.

Or maybe that part of the game was never finished... some players apparently did not get the memo.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If its some rando i wont do it. If it is someone who has been mocking our team or faction, I will hunt them out of principle.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is an open world PVP zone. People are going to ride by and decide they want some of that. Or ride by and leave you to your fate, depending on their whim. If you want guaranteed 1v1s, there's dueling. Otherwise, you can't control who or how many show up to a fight.

And if they are near a one of our keeps they should be hunted down regardless of how lopsided the numbers are. It is a bad idea to leave enemies near your keeps to do what they wish.