Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant mount in Cyrodill

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
I fight one person than all of a sudden I cant mount, even though combat has been ended for 5 minutes and im running to a keep, can't mount. I try to quit game and log back in and NOPE says the the account is already logged in..... *** this going back to destiny 2 later!
#peace
Ad Victoriam!
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn’t be any “in combat” stipulations when it comes to this. If you can knock me off my mount, fine, then I’ll be dismounted... I should not have to run halfway across the bloody map only to be allowed to mount once I reach my destination.
    Maybe I’m missing something, maybe there’s a good reason I’m just not aware of... I really want to continue to love this game, but this is such an annoying part.. I really wish they'd fix this.
    Edited by Delphinia on December 21, 2019 3:08AM
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the top 3 reason why I'm currently taking a break from PvP (the other 2 being: absolutely garbage performance, and very bad direction of overall combat changes).

In my experience, one of the most common causes of the combat bug is attacking and failing to kill an enemy player.
    If you heal any of your allies in the process, and they proceed to attack an enemy player who they can't kill... it means that YOU are now hosed as well, since you are now flagged as having assisted them in the fight.

Unsurprisingly - troll tanks, tower runners, and 1vX AP farmers are the primary culprits here. Avoid like the plague.

Besides that... pro tip, carry suicide potions.
    Drinking them while stuck "in combat" counts as a PvP death, so you get to respawn at a keep/outpost of your choice.
    In some cases, this is a much faster way of travelling than riding a horse (assuming that you can even get ON the horse!).
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Suicide potions?
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suicide potions?
    Potion of ravage health + gradual ravage health. (Nightshade + Nirnroot + Fleshfly Larva, for example)

I wish there was a stronger version of those. Even on builds with very low HP recovery, it takes a long time to do its job.
    On high HP recovery builds it won't work at all, unless you help it by taking some fall damage.

Edit: and pray that you don't run into a friendly healer who keeps healing you and prevents you from dying... :#
    Edited by Major_Lag on December 20, 2019 3:14PM
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suicide potions?

Essence of Ravage Health. Poison but on you
    Ad Victoriam!
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in combat in Cyrodiil needs adjusting/fixing. The other day I was involved in a large scale battle that we eventually won but a couple of enemy ran off. Now I am stuck in combat and had to run to the next keep to defend. By the time I ran there fight was over. Now teleported to a couple keeps just to scout (still stuck in combat). Ported to the gate to turn in quest and at this point had to take short break for laundry. Come back 10 minutes later and sure enough.... still stuck in combat. I am sorry but that is something that needs fixing. Yes I was solo btw so not a group member keeping me in combat.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can take a small pleasure in the fact, whomever you are stuck in combat with, also can't mount up.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    You can take a small pleasure in the fact, whomever you are stuck in combat with, also can't mount up.

Not always the case.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should start handing out suicide potions in daily login rewards, just for this one purpose :D
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    There shouldn’t be any “in combat” stipulations when it comes to this. If you can knock me off my mount, fine, then I’ll be dismounted... I should not have to run halfway across the bloody map only to be allowed to mount once I reach my destination.
    I disagree. I mean, I consider Cyrodiil to be unplayable now. but it would just be stupid at a gameplay level if players could just mount up to escape a fight that isn't going their way. Open field combat would be completely idiotic.

The problem here is 100% ZOS doesn't want to do what's necessary to fix the underlying problems related to the stuck in combat bug. For the amount of time it's been an issue, they could have developed a full game. This is 100% an issue of will.

I'm sure people like Brian and Rich care, but can't do anything about it because Zenimax Media doesn't consider fixing a broken product they've already sold to be important unless it's profitable. Mods, don't ban me for bashing. The facts are clear. This isn't a money problem or a talent problem. The proper ethics in this situation are also clear.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I disagree. I mean, I consider Cyrodiil to be unplayable now. but it would just be stupid at a gameplay level if players could just mount up to escape a fight that isn't going their way. Open field combat would be completely idiotic.

The problem here is 100% ZOS doesn't want to do what's necessary to fix the underlying problems related to the stuck in combat bug. For the amount of time it's been an issue, they could have developed a full game. This is 100% an issue of will.

I'm sure people like Brian and Rich care, but can't do anything about it because Zenimax Media doesn't consider fixing a broken product they've already sold to be important unless it's profitable. Mods, don't ban me for bashing. The facts are clear. This isn't a money problem or a talent problem. The proper ethics in this situation are also clear.

@zyk I see your point, however I respectfully disagree....

you do realize many players flee or “escape” by many other abilities and tactics? sorcs streak away, nightblades simply vanish... potions (when they work)... Psijic ultimate(undo) etc... to, as you say, “escape a fight that isn’t going their way.”

I always encounter players with very low health remaining and in an instant, are either already flying halfway across the battlefield, or are just about to be finished off and vanish. There are countless ways players escape; these are just a few of the more prevalent “skills” used as tactics to flee.

Whether on foot or on hoof.....I still believe that there is no reason to be stuck in combat while trying to mount up.

Perhaps it would suit your scenario to have a small penalty for fleeing on a mount if it becomes consistent...

It’s possible that players could just as easily be knocked off their mount and forced into combat.

It also does take a moment to be able to “call” your mount as well. During which time, one would have to either choose to take a chance and try and mount, or turn and fight the attacker.

Also, as it stands now, you are not permitted to mount inside the inner area of a keep, while other forms of escape are always allowed...

Honestly, I really just can’t care enough or waste time and energy to get into this that deep anyway.

I’m sure you have put much more effort into considering every possible outcome than I have. It just seems absurd to not be able to use a “skill”, like horse riding because one is “in combat”... It’s always possible to be interrupted, or knocked off and forced to fight or die...and just as valid a tactic as any other form of fleeing or escape.

Edited by Delphinia on December 26, 2019 6:26AM
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭

you do realize many players flee or “escape” by many other abilities and tactics? sorcs streak away, nightblades simply vanish... potions (when they work)... Psijic ultimate(undo) etc... to, as you say, “escape a fight that isn’t going their way.”

I always encounter players with very low health remaining and in an instant, are either already flying halfway across the battlefield, or are just about to be finished off and vanish. There are countless ways players escape; these are just a few of the more prevalent “skills” used as tactics to flee.

Whether on foot or on hoof.....I still believe that there is no reason to be stuck in combat while trying to mount up.

Perhaps it would suit your scenario to have a small penalty for fleeing on a mount if it becomes consistent...

It’s possible that players could just as easily be knocked off their mount and forced into combat.

It also does take a moment to be able to “call” your mount as well. During which time, one would have to either choose to take a chance and try and mount, or turn and fight the attacker.

Also, as it stands now, you are not permitted to mount inside the inner area of a keep, while other forms of escape are always allowed...

Honestly, I really just can’t care enough or waste time and energy to get into this that deep anyway.

I’m sure you have put much more effort into considering every possible outcome than I have. It just seems absurd to not be able to use a “skill”, like horse riding because one is “in combat”... It’s always possible to be interrupted, or knocked off and forced to fight or die...and just as valid a tactic as any other form of fleeing or escape.

I would much rather have instant horse knock off due to any damage than being stuck in combat for 5 minutes trying to run across the map to defend or attack a keep.
    Ad Victoriam!
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »

I would much rather have instant horse knock off due to any damage than being stuck in combat for 5 minutes trying to run across the map to defend or attack a keep.

Exactly @hesobad , same here. I realize some players might be against the ability to do so in the middle of battle, and I can respect their opinions, but there are countless ways players are already able to flee a situation, mounting up is just another method... especially, as those who have limited mobility, it would help give some of us at least a similar opportunity to at least try and escape. I've seen them nerf my class over and over only to give very similar skills to other classes while not taking away from those. It used to be I would hear, "you're a templar, you shouldn't be able to escape, you have heals..." Yes, and so do many others...some even better....
    In addition, there is no guarantee that a player would even be able to remain mounted, or for that matter not be interrupted while trying to do so. Therefore, there is still the chance some players would still be forced into combat....

But, this should be essentially "mount at your own risk" and I agree with you totally, I'd much rather this than never know when or if I can actually mount.. run over halfway across the map only to have to run back again because a defense or take failed. I could be wrong, but I really believe we should not have any "in combat" factors for mounting. I really hope @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and anyone else who understands how this state of being in constant combat is negatively affecting so many of their players, will at least look into this.

I have a hard time justifying working towards any more Indrik mounts, or purchasing any additional crown mounts until I know I can actually use them.
    Edited by Delphinia on December 29, 2019 6:14PM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    48fb9a1b626476bfc3da0f089a39a026-full.jpg
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I've started to let the tower farmer clowns kill me... I can't be bothered chasing some nitwit in a circle 100 times, and I don't want to be stuck in combat for the next hour because I decide I"m not going to chase their dumb arses any more and run off.

It's a victory of sorts for them I suppose, but I don't know if "boring another player to death" is something to be all that proud of....
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    I fight one person than all of a sudden I cant mount, even though combat has been ended for 5 minutes and im running to a keep, can't mount. I try to quit game and log back in and NOPE says the the account is already logged in..... *** this going back to destiny 2 later!
    #peace

Been turning this in for a while.....not only can you not mount, but what is regen while in combat? Take a look at that part as well as swapping gear or skills out not to mention changing out siege types. Often been for close to 20-30 min the last few months. Not quite sure what is taking ZOS so long on this as its an old bug they fixed in past so they certainly know what to do about it and where to look, but apparently just don't care to fix what they broke again.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you hit someone, until one of you die, if they are in combat; you are too!

If you heal someone, until one of you die, if they are in combat; you are too!

Isn't it great?

Closing out of the game properly or porting to IC will get you back in but if there is a queue; you wait. Forcing the app to close and going back in could give you that "Already logged in" error. Best thing to do is port into Cheesmonger Hollow and back out. I have had time to play with this as I am always in combat
    Edited by technohic on January 2, 2020 2:02PM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like it'd be a pretty simple matter to introduce a rule into the game code that spending 20 seconds without any offensive or defensive skill casts would drop you out of combat. That might make too much sense though. Maybe they could sell that in the crown store instead of the next reskinned camel.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    Seems like it'd be a pretty simple matter to introduce a rule into the game code that spending 20 seconds without any offensive or defensive skill casts would drop you out of combat. That might make too much sense though. Maybe they could sell that in the crown store instead of the next reskinned camel.

I'd even take 5 minutes without damage. Its absurd.