The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Group Finder

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
How do you successfully queue for a dungeon? Before the system was completely replaced, queuing as a tank, healer or a group of two or more would get you a dungeon within a few minutes at most. Since then, it has varied, but seems particularly bad queuing as a group of 2-3, with healer + DPS and healer + tank what I have tried most often. It’s hard to know where the problem lies — maybe there are more queuing as healers for vet dungeons and I should switch to DPS? I wish I knew. Then last night I was grouped with a friend for a random normal for well over half an hour with no pop. That doesn’t seem like it could reflect who was queuing and for what content, does it?

I don’t mean for this to be a rant (although I do miss the old group finder!) but rather would like to know what other people have found is and is not successful so I can adapt and actually run dungeons when I want to and don’t have a full group (and I really do enjoy PUGging, even though like anyone I’ve had the occasional frustrating group, it’s all learning opportunities!).

Thank you!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this is purely anecdotal, but the problem of interminable queue times seems to happen most often when queuing for a random dungeon or for a pledge dungeon with a partial group (most times queuing as healer + DPS). Last night a friend and I queued for pledge dungeons plus City of Ash (for gear) and to my surprise, after a bit of a wait, CoA popped first. I did the pledges later on my own and didn’t encounter any problems queuing solo. 🤔
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not enough tanks.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Not enough tanks.

OP says they have even queued as a tank with a healer so this is not the case.

To OP, I have queued as a tank well before the GF was changed and had to wait in rare occasions.

Edit to clarify. I have queued as a tank with a healer and DPS and have had to wait before Zos updated the GF.
    Edited by idk on December 20, 2019 5:14AM